Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good quality olive oil recommendations

Options
  • 07-05-2019 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hello
    Reading about the Mediterranean diet and health benefits of extra virgin olive oil. There seems to be plenty of sub standard oils around - how can I recognize a good quality one and any particular brand recommendations ?
    Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭ShauntaMetzel

Here are some top brands that ensure good quality.

- Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
    - Tesco Extra Virgin Olive Oil
    - Harvey Nichols Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
    - Waitrose Extra Virgin Olive Oil

You can use any of them and hopefully, you will find their trustworthy ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭SuperRabbit

If you get one that you know for sure is good quality you can compare its taste with cheaper ones to see if they are bad or not, apparently the taste is very different when it's bad quality but you wouldn't notice if you weren't used to olive oil? Anyway when I lived in the Mediterranean everyone was buying their olive oil in lidl and in Ireland we already pay much more for it than they do, even in lidl, so I'm pretty sure it's good quality... but i'm open to correction!

Advertisement