Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three Weeks In Vietnam

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,669 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

loobylou wrote: »
    There’s nothing special about the town of Sapa, it’s like a massive building site at the moment.
    The reason most people go there is to go trekking in the surrounding countryside. I’m not sure there’d be much value in being there for just one day, especially sandwiched between two tiring bus journeys.

It will also be rainy season so there could be some heavy showers just be prepared. Personally I would skip Sapa for this trip and spend more time in the center or south.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

john4321 wrote: »
    It will also be rainy season so there could be some heavy showers just be prepared. Personally I would skip Sapa for this trip and spend more time in the center or south.
    We went to Sapa during a couple of days rain and I would advise against doing that. We couldn't trek...well we probably could have but it would have been very slippy. We met people that went trekking and they all said they didn't enjoy it in those conditions. And if you're not trekking then I wouldn't recommend Sapa. But if it's possible to keep days flexible based on the weather then you could go there if it's dry

• Registered Users Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭beachhead

3 weeks is a short time to cover VN from Hanoi to HCMC Flying would be the easiest way with internal flights costing approx e30 per person one way if booked early enough.One point not mentioned -the VN Immigration dept evisa service is for a one month single entry/exit Visa costing $25/e23.Otherwise I recommend vietnamvisapro.com they charge $50 for a multiple entry 1 month Visa-Visa on arrival letter(VOA) which you present at the VOA desk on arrival with your passport and completed NA1 form and pay $25 for a visa stamp in your passport.Keep your luggage tags as you may need them to take your luggage out of the airports in VN.Keeps all your boarding cards in the event of an insurance claim.The food is delicious but be aware the vietnamese people use all parts of an animal for eating.Generally this has no ill effects.Hanoi is a contract to Saigon.One like Westport on a weekday night the other like Temple Bar on a Sat night.Hoi An,Hue,Da Nang recommended.Mui Ne or Nha Trang if you like beach sports.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

We were in Vietnam/Cambodia in June 2016 for 4 weeks and had the best time ever! There's not a week goes by where I don't think about the trip. Itinerary was as follows:

3N - Hanoi
    2N - Halong Bay
    Overnight Train to Sapa
    2N - Sapa (1 night in Hotel and 1 night in Homestay)
    Overnight Train to Hanoi
    2N - Hanoi
    4N - Hoi An
    3N - Ho Chi Minh City
    2N - Mekong Delta (1 night Homestay and 1 night Hotel)
    1N - Phnom Penh
    Night Bus to Siem Reap
    3N - Siem Reap

Honestly wouldn't change a thing on the itinerary. Was amazing from start to finish. Any questions, let me know.

Link to original thread https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=98518399

Advertisement