Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shameless RTE News Propaganda...

Options
  • 30-04-2019 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭

Closure was brought to the Maurice McCabe Vs Irish State today when the plaintiff was awarded his damages.

This landmark trial vindicated McCabe and his accusations of deep corruption problems within our police force and within state agencies like Tusla.

How much time did RTE Six One New give it?...about 15 seconds.

Utterly shameless RTE...This would make a propaganda chief in North Korea or China blush.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Just checked the following.

RTE - On website
    Newstalk - On website
    Irish independent - Not on website
    Journal.ie - Not on website
    Irish Times - Not on website

Think you're getting outraged over nothing really.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Op, does your tinfoil hat come in different colours?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

RTE is a propaganda station...just look at their coverage of the American attempts to destroy Huawei.

RTE just states the American claims but omits to inform the public that there is no evidence of any kind to support those claims.

So much for their "fair and balanced reporting" :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭PinotNero

The Maurice McCabe story has been in the media spotlight for years.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

Cabaal wrote: »

Oh come on, everybody knows that tinfoil hats amplify the radiowaves. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Oh come on, everybody knows that tinfoil hats amplify the radiowaves. :)

Shhhh, don't tell the op that!
    RTE need a better signal to control their mind

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

jetsonx wrote: »
    Closure was brought to the Maurice McCabe Vs Irish State today when the plaintiff was awarded his damages.

This landmark trial vindicated McCabe and his accusations of deep corruption problems within our police force and within state agencies like Tusla.

Utterly shameless RTE...This would make a propaganda chief in North Korea or China blush.

It really wouldn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Rte did a massive two part series about McCabe less than a year ago. Stop trying to sensationalise

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 44 hugedinosaur

jetsonx wrote: »

RTE Radio 1 had a long and detailed report about it anyway.
    I heard it on the car radio earlier this evening.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

archer22 wrote: »
    RTE is a propaganda station...just look at their coverage of the American attempts to destroy Huawei.

RTE just states the American claims but omits to inform the public that there is no evidence of any kind to support those claims.

So much for their "fair and balanced reporting" :rolleyes:

My reading is it is more so about China than Huawei. And clearly states that these are statements from the United states.

"A significant cause for concern are a number of Chinese laws that compel their companies to cooperate with intelligence and security services without independent judicial controls," he said

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2019/0429/1046338-5g-us-press-briefing/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,373 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I heard about it today on RTE news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Force Carrier

Cabaal wrote: »

Is it just a conspiracy theory that no Garda of any rank was ever charged under either the Garda Disciplinary Code or under the Criminal Law for any of the malpractice revealed by whistle blower McCabe or charged for the various attempts to frame, intimidate and discredit McCabe.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

People are sick to death hearing about Maurice McCabe at this stage. RTE being the caring sensitive bunch they are, realise that and limit their coverage of it, thankfully.

Your one on Primetime about the Eurovision tonight was firing off the auld loaded propaganda soundbites again ..such as "Russia supporting the Assad regime" etc blah blah blah

How about simply stating, Russia helping the Syrian legitimate government fight terrorism, which is more factually correct.

After all RTE will never accuse America of supporting the Israeli or Saudi regimes.

RTE is the Irish version of FOX NEWS.

My reading is it is more so about China than Huawei. And clearly states that these are statements from the United states.

"A significant cause for concern are a number of Chinese laws that compel their companies to cooperate with intelligence and security services without independent judicial controls," he said

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2019/0429/1046338-5g-us-press-briefing/

America is waging a vendetta against Huawei...including getting their lapdog Canada to arrest the Huawei CEO on bullsh1t charges.

The reasons they are going after Huawei is because Huawei is out competing American tech companies and because the NSA can't create backdoors on Huawei products.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

America is waging a vendetta against Huawei...including getting their lapdog Canada to arrest the Huawei CEO on bullsh1t charges.

The reasons they are going after Huawei is because Huawei is out competing American tech companies and because the NSA can't create backdoors on Huawei products.

I think you should dig a little deeper on this subject....Huawei a tad bit dodgy

Oh yeah I didn’t get that from rte, us or nsa

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    I think you should dig a little deeper on this subject....Huawei a tad bit dodgy

Oh yeah I didn’t get that from rte, us or nsa

You didn't get what?...you haven't told us anything have you :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Charles Ingles

The ethos of rte had Drastically changed in the last 20 years they are just a government mouthpiece.
    They really let the people down during the bank bail out.
    They were complicit in the selling of a nation down the river

You didn't get what?...you haven't told us anything have you :rolleyes:

Neither have you....as I said maybe research it and then post

Your information so far is extremely flawed

• Registered Users Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

RTE is the Irish version of FOX NEWS.

That you Gemma?

I think you're all giving RTÉ far too much credit for their influence. Do you think if folk were hanging on their every word that the advertising revenues would be falling through the floor?

I doubt the first instinct of anyone under 25 would be to walk in to an empty room and stick on an RTE news or current affairs programme on TV or radio.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

RTE is just a cultural Marxist mouthpiece spreading the most politically correct thrash it can imagine. Should be completely cut off from the state, scrap the licence fee and let them sink or swim privately.

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Neither have you....as I said maybe research it and then post

Your information so far is extremely flawed

Are you trolling?

And if you have done so much "researching" you will know that Belgium last week said there were no issues with Huawei...Germany pretty much stated the same a few weeks previous

Larbre34 wrote: »
    That you Gemma?

I think you're all giving RTÉ far too much credit for their influence. Do you think if folk were hanging on their every word that the advertising revenues would be falling through the floor?

I doubt the first instinct of anyone under 25 would be to walk in to an empty room and stick on an RTE news or current affairs programme on TV or radio.

That you Hilary?
    You would be surprised how many people only get their news from RTE..especially older generation

Majority of people in this country are over "25" have you not noticed!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

That you Hilary?
    You would be surprised how many people only get their news from RTE..especially older generation

Hillary.

No I wouldn't, but thats not what I said. Older people are not the agents of change. They may vote in higher numbers, but as we've seen in recent years the outcomes of polls in Ireland are more progressive. Call it leftie loony marxism or whatever you like, but those majorities have been big, so what I'm saying is RTÉ reflects where society is rather than the other way around.

Are you trolling?

And if you have done so much "researching" you will know that Belgium last week said there were no issues with Huawei...Germany pretty much stated the same a few weeks previous

Belgium said they haven’t finished looking...nothing so far
    Germany has set tougher criteria to use in the country out of the blue but never mentioned a specific company....said it would be for everyone....
    UK slated them for security flaws

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Only in AH would RTÉ be described as the Irish FOX News AND as Marxist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

mzungu wrote: »
    It really wouldn't.

Sure didn't you know that Ireland is up there with Nigeria and Somalia as amongst the most corrupt nations on Earth?

C'mon now mzungu.....get with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

The ethos of rte had Drastically changed in the last 20 years they are just a government mouthpiece.
    They really let the people down during the bank bail out.
    They were complicit in the selling of a nation down the river

Well they were known by the sobriquets RTEFF and Pravda RTE back in the mid to late 2000's....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭hugs_for_drugs

Is it just a conspiracy theory that no Garda of any rank was ever charged under either the Garda Disciplinary Code or under the Criminal Law for any of the malpractice revealed by whistle blower McCabe or charged for the various attempts to frame, intimidate and discredit McCabe.

They were all giving bravery medals for the campaign against Mc Cabe, and it worked to an extent but luckily Mc Cabe knows there tricks and recorded the corrupt b@stards.

What's 11 separate claims worth?
    1 million?
    5 million?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-48112108

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

theguzman wrote: »
    RTE is just a cultural Marxist mouthpiece spreading the most politically correct thrash it can imagine. Should be completely cut off from the state, scrap the licence fee and let them sink or swim privately.

RTE is actually a right wing mouthpiece for the neo capitalists in FFG, they never say anything bad against this right wing govt, no hard questions of the present FFG regime from their interviewers, they are a haven of the rich just like their overpaid 'stars'.

Advertisement