Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 7.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

Can you do little bird too he thinks it’s playtime ! And I’m only after an hours sleep :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Skybirdjb wrote: »
    Can you do little bird too he thinks it’s playtime ! And I’m only after an hours sleep :(

I'll get the little sheep and fence out for him.

We might need the heavy duty stuff he’s laughing at me here and just bit my knee 😂 bloody teething

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Hmm, calpol flavoured sheep!

Just got the nurofen in him while ago ! Fingers crossed he might get tired in the next hour . Even worse can hear hubby snoring upstairs ....... so jealous

• Advertisement

Ouch well fingers crossed for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,084 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

530am..... bedtime, too tired to even have a beer.

Good night all.

Night Smurf that was a marathon of a day.

Good weekend over, boyfriend back to work this morning..... Raining out, so I guess I will be like a housewife this morning & do something productive around here!

Bright morning, me poor peepers :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Not what I was expecting on my morning walk ... the neighbour’s bull out on the road! I’m having a VERY strong coffee

Just awake after nearly nine hours solid sleep, feeling great and don't have to get up for work,I tend to take my annual leave in days off rather than weeks off at a time because I'm not into long holidays tbh ,I'm here thinking that I can actually take a day off a week from here to Christmas if I want, I wont do it but psychologically it helps to know that I can...love my duvet days lol.

Still high after a fantastic weekend and I've a few other bits of 'galavanting " over the next few weeks, happy days....I have to take the "adult teen " to town for a school uniform today so I'll be back to my normal whingey posts later no doubt if I survive the trip without being arrested for gbh lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

I spent the middle of the night choking trying not to bother people. Then i had to and it was embarrassing.

I want to plan my last week off a bit better. Hiking or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

honeybear wrote: »
    Not what I was expecting on my morning walk ... the neighbour’s bull out on the road! I’m having a VERY strong coffee

Did you take any pics? Aww man that’d make my day!!
    On way to work wondering if it’s too early to start pestering someone on WhatsApp but I don’t care so I probably will do it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,828 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

...I've looked at life from both sides now, from win and lose and still somehow, it's life's illusions I recall...

Morning all,

It's a sunny morning 12C

Temp couchside with coffee

Seven Worlds will Collide

Racing for bus, not my style but long day ahead. Hum.

On way to work wondering if it’s too early to start pestering someone on WhatsApp but I don’t care so I probably will do it

Huh ... taking a photo was the last thing on my mind - unless it was for my obituary! Bulls & August are not a good combo

Huh ... taking a photo was the last thing on my mind - unless it was for my obituary! Bulls & August are not a good combo

Yeah I’d say it was a bit of a fright but I think they’re most unpredictable if they’re out running with the cows and like a typical man, think you’re going to take the ride off them. I’d hope most bulls that are kept running with the herd would be docile enough, not much use to you though when you meet him unexpectedly on the road!! We would have kept bulls over the years, they looked like they’d absolutely savage you but the majority of them just associated humans with rubs and treats :D my dad always did say you shouldn’t trust them though, and never turn your back on one.

I had a pet bull calf years ago, Darcy. He was a simmental and I was his mum from when he was a few hours old!!! My dads friends cow calved him but died shortly after and he had no food. My dads friend had way too many cows and cattle and he hadn’t time to bottle feed a newborn. He gave him to me, and later told my dad he felt bad giving him to me afterwards because he wasn’t sure he’d survive! He was bottle fed every 4 hours until he was well enough to go on a cow, he was fed complan, he was fed treats and then he was bottle fed left over
    Milk after he fed from the cow. He was ruined. Even my dad had him spoilt, if I wasn’t there my dad would still give him his bottle :D
    Now there was no doubt in my mind he absolutely adored me, he’d let me lie against him in the field, he’d lie back and love having his ears rubbed. But, one day we had them in the shed for testing. I turned away from him to talk to his sister, and my dad shouted really loud and smacked his stick against the wall. Darcy, while my back was turned to him, went to attempt to jump on my back. Only for my dad wasn’t as dopey as me, he’d have probably killed me but he wouldn’t have meant to do it. God I loved that animal. He was so lazy. In the fields all the others would be running and playing and he would be crawling behind them trying to catch up but not being arsed running.

Yeah I’d say it was a bit of a fright but I think they’re most unpredictable if they’re out running with the cows and like a typical man, think you’re going to take the ride off them. I’d hope most bulls that are kept running with the herd would be docile enough, not much use to you though when you meet him unexpectedly on the road!! We would have kept bulls over the years, they looked like they’d absolutely savage you but the majority of them just associated humans with rubs and treats :D my dad always did say you shouldn’t trust them though, and never turn your back on one.

I had a pet bull calf years ago, Darcy. He was a simmental and I was his mum from when he was a few hours old!!! My dads friends cow calved him but died shortly after and he had no food. My dads friend had way too many cows and cattle and he hadn’t time to bottle feed a newborn. He gave him to me, and later told my dad he felt bad giving him to me afterwards because he wasn’t sure he’d survive! He was bottle fed every 4 hours until he was well enough to go on a cow, he was fed complan, he was fed treats and then he was bottle fed left over
    Milk after he fed from the cow. He was ruined. Even my dad had him spoilt, if I wasn’t there my dad would still give him his bottle :D
    Now there was no doubt in my mind he absolutely adored me, he’d let me lie against him in the field, he’d lie back and love having his ears rubbed. But, one day we had them in the shed for testing. I turned away from him to talk to his sister, and my dad shouted really loud and smacked his stick against the wall. Darcy, while my back was turned to him, went to attempt to jump on my back. Only for my dad wasn’t as dopey as me, he’d have probably killed me but he wouldn’t have meant to do it. God I loved that animal. He was so lazy. In the fields all the others would be running and playing and he would be crawling behind them trying to catch up but not being arsed running.

Your Mr. Darcy sounds lovely, but ... there is no way I’d be giving him “rubs and treats”!!!

Shoes I've pretty much the exact same story! Mr buttons :)

• Advertisement

Your Mr. Darcy sounds lovely, but ... there is no way I’d be giving him “rubs and treats”!!!

My dads uncle was attacked by a bull years ago, pinned him against a wall and he was lucky to survive. My cousin got a relation(another farmer)to look after her cows for a rare weekend away recently,he got attacked by a cow and very badly injured, I never knew that cows can attack, always thought they were very docile tbh.

:D they’re a sucker for a jam sandwich and they love chocolate. I had a huge plastic bowl I used to make chocolate moose for him and one day my dad cut up potatoes as a “treat” because cows (normal ones) love potatoes and Darcy god love him got so excited seeing his big bowl being carried towards him, and was utterly disgusted when he realized his bowl was full of raw potatoes. He wouldn’t eat them! Look at this, this isn’t Darcy this is Ava, but she knew what “kiss” meant and she would come over to give you kisses. Cows are basically just large dogs. I’m obsessed with them both.
    https://ibb.co/Sm6LSBT
    https://ibb.co/2KQLWgd
    https://ibb.co/FnBxFPD

Mama cow could take biscuits out of your mouth :D

My dads uncle was attacked by a bull years ago, pinned him against a wall and he was lucky to survive. My cousin got a relation(another farmer)to look after her cows for a rare weekend away recently,he got attacked by a cow and very badly injured, I never knew that cows can attack, always thought they were very docile tbh.
    They are usually docile, obviously if they’ve just had a calf they’re loopy but rarely you can have an aggressive one. One of my dads broke away from the others, crashed a fence because she saw me walking around the adjacent field. My dad knew she was moody but didn’t realize she was vicious. Luckily I saw her and managed to jump up in round bales and she stood pawing the ground, foaming at the mouth with rage. She went to the factory in the following days, couldn’t trust her after that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Just awake after nearly nine hours solid sleep, feeling great and don't have to get up for work,I tend to take my annual leave in days off rather than weeks off at a time because I'm not into long holidays tbh ,I'm here thinking that I can actually take a day off a week from here to Christmas if I want, I wont do it but psychologically it helps to know that I can...love my duvet days lol.

Still high after a fantastic weekend and I've a few other bits of 'galavanting " over the next few weeks, happy days....I have to take the "adult teen " to town for a school uniform today so I'll be back to my normal whingey posts later no doubt if I survive the trip without being arrested for gbh lol.

Ohhhh and where are we galavanting off to hmmmm 😏😏?

😛😀

Never to early , do it!

Still in bed but jumping into the shower soon.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

bubblypop wrote: »
    Good weekend over, boyfriend back to work this morning..... Raining out, so I guess I will be like a housewife this morning & do something productive around here!

If you want to do something productive, put the kettle on and make us all a cupan tae 😛😛

Has to be coffee in the morning!!

bubblypop wrote: »
    Has to be coffee in the morning!!

True........

*Slides cup across the counter*

😛

• Registered Users Posts: 22,254 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Morning all :)

Happy Monday!!!

All this talk of pet cows and bulls reminds me of my pet lamb Chloe, she would follow me everywhere and was like a puppy. The 2 of us would walk the fields and she was rather fond of polo mints :D

Autosport wrote: »
    Morning all :)

Happy Monday!!!

All this talk of pet cows and bulls reminds me of my pet lamb Chloe, she would follow me everywhere and was like a puppy. The 2 of us would walk the fields and she was rather fond of polo mints :D

Auto had a little lamb ... did it follow you to school?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,254 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Auto had a little lamb ... did it follow you to school?

No I'm afraid not, she lived on the farm and I didn't ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement