Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 7.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,352 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

RMAOK wrote: »
    That's just sounds soooo wrong.....

But feels soooooo right ... at least it would if I could sleep!

fmpicses, there's nowt like a hot priest to get things throbbing in the nethers. Ever watch Fleabag?

But feels soooooo right ... at least it would if I could sleep!

fmpicses, there's nowt like a hot priest to get things throbbing in the nethers. Ever watch Fleabag?

Ha ha, yet again this thread delivers; ye jogged my memory with all the hot priest refs :)
    Anyone else here old enough have watched (or come of age to) The Thorn Birds with the divine Fr Ralph?* Just did a quick youtube review and I'm like seriously, that's what they were feeding us back in the 80's? Is it any wonder :D He aged well though, so can't say my memory let me down there!!!

Poor old Meggie! Still remember pretending to be invisible so I'd get to watch that one from behind the couch.

*He was alright though wasn't he in fairness... :p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Bloody hell, thorn birds, well that's a name that hasn't come to mind in decades wow!

Bloody hell, thorn birds, well that's a name that hasn't come to mind in decades wow!
    So wrong :eek:
    Amazing - there would be mass protests if this was aired on mainstream TV today :D
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vIHnHEoFvI

I have an Irish cousin/relation... a priest... tad older now, but spitting image of the gorgeous Fr Ralph and I swear last time me and all my (female/gay) cousins from that era saw the poor man we literally fall over in stitches (at family funeral) :o

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I only ever saw one young priest, he got some name for himself when he quoted Tina Turner in a sermon one sunday :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Walkies over. Cats fed. Taking my niece to a camogie final - I remember playing camogie for hours every day when I was younger. Used to love it. A trip down memory lane. Happy Saturday all!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,235 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Morning all :)

Happy Saturday!!!!

Have a great day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,804 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

...Big gorilla at the LA zoo snatched the glasses right off my face, took the keys to my BMW, left me here to take his place..

Morning all

Another grey and damp one 16C

Temp couchside with coffee, I may be texting my favourite woman :)

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 10,034 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

What is that?. Bloody hell it's pretty frightening and impressive looking.

An American built Apache Gunship. This is the sort of helicopter that Prince Harry flew in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,034 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Having left over Chinese food for breakfast.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside with coffee, rubbing my bleary eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭fmpisces

Cali_girl wrote: »
    Ha ha, yet again this thread delivers; ye jogged my memory with all the hot priest refs :)
    Anyone else here old enough have watched (or come of age to) The Thorn Birds with the divine Fr Ralph?* Just did a quick youtube review and I'm like seriously, that's what they were feeding us back in the 80's? Is it any wonder :D He aged well though, so can't say my memory let me down there!!!

Poor old Meggie! Still remember pretending to be invisible so I'd get to watch that one from behind the couch.

I LOVED that series!! Had to turn away or pretend I wasn't watching during the "dirty" bits so as not to corrupt my innocent little mind....

It is aired I'd say once a year anyway on the True Movies channel Cali_girl. I recorded it last time it was on, that and North and South.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

fmpisces wrote: »
    Cali_girl wrote: »

I LOVED that series!! Had to turn away or pretend I wasn't watching during the "dirty" bits so as not to corrupt my innocent little mind....

It is aired I'd say once a year anyway on the True Movies channel Cali_girl. I recorded it last time it was on, that and North and South.
    Never got the love for Thornbirds. Now, the English version of North & South...my sister’s and I swoon over Mr. Thornton!!!

My brother and the baby are beside me watching some kids animation on Netflix, no idea what it is, but she is gurgling and squealing with delight every time there's an explosion. I remember when she was content with Peppa Pig.

Off to Dundrum soon. Best of luck to anyone else braving town or an indoor shopping centre today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Poochie05

In the kitchen having tea and toast. Errands have been run so I’m home and now in for the weekend! Afraid to move to the couch as I may not get up...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Getting my hair did and they have offered me a foot massage and pedi while my colour sets. Poor boyfriend had to go to the pub to wait for me.

I should be working but had to get colour done. Am now doing 3 jobs in 3 timezones so to say am stressed is an understatement.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Listening to the rain here , and trying to remember what tv show the saying - Heavens to Murgatroid came from , help please !!

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Listening to the rain here , and trying to remember what tv show the saying - Heavens to Murgatroid came from , help please !!

Snagglepuss!

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Snagglepuss!

Thank you !!

It was really annoying me that I couldn't remember :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

In the kitchen having tea and toast. Errands have been run so I’m home and now in for the weekend! Afraid to move to the couch as I may not get up...

Go put your feet up poochie :pac:

• Advertisement

Morning all, enjoying the TV memories. Was anyone a fan of Jimmy and his magic flute or Forty Coats (with his 50 pockets)?

Jimmy and his magic flute

*sniggers*

:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

I am in the very in between stage of this and have made a fatal error of sitting down on the couch to figure out what to watch when I do finally sit down. Now, I may never arise. :pac:

*sniggers*

:pac::pac::pac:

Now, now get your mind out of the gutter. That never crossed my mind at all ...

Lol , as if :p

Morning all, enjoying the TV memories. Was anyone a fan of Jimmy and his magic flute or Forty Coats (with his 50 pockets)?

I remember a Jamie and his magic torch, but not Jimmy and his flute... but living on the east coast we had Welsh TV, so maybe we just missed it

My apologies 😔

😏😛

Heading up the village to buy white rolls.

I remember a Jamie and his magic torch, but not Jimmy and his flute... but living on the east coast we had Welsh TV, so maybe we just missed it

HR Puff'n'Stuff, he's there when thing get rough. You should see if it's on youtube, but I doubt it's aged well.

Weather is fabulous here today, Hope it continues!
    They are big into American cars here.... So off to watch hundreds of them drive past in some parade or other. A little while is OK..... All day is snore!! He loves them though.......

• Advertisement

bubblypop wrote: »
    Weather is fabulous here today, Hope it continues!
    They are big into American cars here.... So off to watch hundreds of them drive past in some parade or other. A little while is OK..... All day is snore!! He loves them though.......

The things we do for love eh!!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement