Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily Food/Exercise Planon Weight Loss Diet - Help Required

Options
  • 26-04-2019 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm getting married in October- weighed myself on Monday (just after Easter no worse time I suppose haha) and was coming in at 13 stone 11 pound, far far too heavy for my 5'9 height.

Just for some context, I am a 25 year old male. Non-smoker, very very infrequent drinker (3-4 times per year at social occasions).

Exercise wise, I walk to and from work briskly each day (about 2k each way) and just starting week 2 of couch to 5k to try and get some cardio back into my week and improve my stamina.

I'm currently coming in at 13 stone 5.5 pounds, so i'm down by about 5.5 pounds in the last week, which is great. I'm just looking for some advise as to foods/meals that people would suggest that are tasty but nutritous to help ensure I stay on the weight loss track but don't feel too deprived?

On the weight loss plan, i've cut out all chocolates/crisps/fizzy drinks and breads. I don't take sugar in tea/coffee and use 1% milk in cereals and hot drinks so i'm fine in that regard, i've also tried to up my water intake to about 2 litres a day.

At the moment, i'm trying to eat 3 meals a day max with snacks in between and try not to eat after my dinner.

Below is a sample of my daily food, if anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

Snacks are either rice cakes, sliced apple or chilli flavoured wheat squares.

Breakfast
    I either have 3 eggs scrambled with a cup of tea and a slice of soda bread or 2 weetabix with low fat milk.

Lunch I have home-made salads with spinach, lettuce, 2 slices of chicken and a half slice of low fat-cheese with some salt/pepper.

Dinner I try to eat a lean meat, generally chicken / mince or turkey diced with brown rice/ a sauce made with tomatoes and garlic, or a stirfry with couscous.

I wanted to post my daily meals to see if anyone had any suggestions for any other foods I should be consuming to help fill me?

First time on any sort of weight loss plan so any help is appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭bladespin

Download myfitnesspal (or similar food tracker), get a weighing scale,work out your maintenance calories and track as carefully as you can:

Most prepacked food will have a calorie guide, the other foods you cook can be weighed and the calories calculated.

It's that simple really, I was in the very same position a few years back and that's what worked and keeps working.

Advertisement