Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone give a tuppenny damn about Twitter?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,151 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Strumms wrote: »
    Full of people expressing opinions masquerading as facts, answering questions nobody asked them, sharing what they had for dinner, etc... when we all know what a fûcking bowl of cornflakes looks like... a hangout for attention seekers, bluffers and the self obsessed.

And the only way you know all this is if you intentionally look for and follow these people.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭The Enbalmer

A sinkhole for degenerates,terrorists and the mentally ill.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

I just follow people who have similar interests to me making jokes about football or game of thrones or whatever. It's pretty harmless and fun and not that complicated

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,611 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Zero interest in Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram etc etc...

Facebook, LinkedIn and boards.ie is more than enough for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Strumms wrote: »
    Full of people expressing opinions masquerading as facts, answering questions nobody asked them, sharing what they had for dinner, etc... when we all know what a fûcking bowl of cornflakes looks like... a hangout for attention seekers, bluffers and the self obsessed.

There’s really fcuk all daily stuff on twitter these days. That’s all instagram.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

A sinkhole for degenerates,terrorists and the mentally ill.

And that’s just Donald Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,839 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Hurrache wrote: »
    And the only way you know all this is if you intentionally look for and follow these people.

Negative, the only way I know this is from clicking on twitter through a linked news article or two and indeed my own foray into it when all the kids were doing it...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

I dont use it, all I hear are stories of outrage mobs/activist groups trolling the place looking for people with opinions they dont agree with in order to ruin that persons life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

One thing that some people don't know about is the keyword and hashtag mute filter in the settings. It's invaluable to actually using it how you want.
    Though if most can't even manage to unfollow people that are annoying then it may be a bit beyond them.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

There’s really fcuk all daily stuff on twitter these days. That’s all Instagram.
    With pics to show it happened!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Full of Vacous idiots posting vacous idiocy.

Gave up after an hour.

Too much stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Full of Vacuous idiots posting vacuous idiocy.

Gave up after an hour.

Too much stupid.
    An awful lot of it still is but you just filter what you want to follow or see and it can be very quiet.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

I dont use it, all I hear are stories of outrage mobs/activist groups trolling the place looking for people with opinions they dont agree with in order to ruin that persons life.
    Never see them myself as I can very easily avoid them.
    Full of Vacous idiots posting vacous idiocy.

Gave up after an hour.

Too much stupid.
    What's stupid is the misunderstandings here regarding Twitter. Why did you follow all those vacuous people? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Never see them myself as I can very easily avoid them.

What's stupid is the misunderstandings here regarding Twitter. Why did you follow all those vacuous people? :confused:

Nobody has yet seemed capable of answering this question.

Advertisement