Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UHW Mortuary

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

debok wrote: »
    He's leader of the country. He should have only spoken when he knew full facts

Perhaps, perhaps not. It doesn't change your inaccurate statement of what he said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

Uriel. wrote: »
    Perhaps, perhaps not. It doesn't change your inaccurate statement of what he said.

Perhaps, perhaps not. He said there was no evidence but there was evidence he just chose not to believe it. 4 pathologist s evidence. To me that seems like he said it wasn't true. Anywho they need new mortuary since 2004 so I'd safely say it's got a lot worse in the 15 years. Let's hope it gets done this time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭Oxter

erica74 wrote: »
    Thats why it needs a bigger morgue.

And the rest. 2 floors of that new building out the front will be for palliative care. Surely they understand the link between palliative care and a morgue which is not up to standards and not big enough for the current demand.[/quote]

The latest hse proposal is to adapt the heating boiler to burn bodies, eliminate the morgue and give the relarives a jar of ashes, saving everyone money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The latest hse proposal is to adapt the heating boiler to burn bodies, eliminate the morgue and give the relarives a jar of ashes, saving everyone money.

Don't be a moron Oxter

So then the scandal that isn't has prompted the arrival of big walk in fridge today and the signing off on a replacement mortuary due

https://www.wlrfm.com/2019/05/09/90336/
    Minister for Health Simon Harris

I thank the consultants in Waterford, as I did during the week, for bringing forward their concerns and for doing so in the appropriate manner and engaging with hospital management. There is no doubt there is a need for a new mortuary in Waterford. That need is well accepted and has been well accepted for a long number of years, and it is about time we moved on it.

I want to say three things in regard to this matter, and I thank colleagues from the south east for raising it. First, on Friday, the temporary additional refrigeration facilities for the mortuary will arrive at the hospital in Waterford. My understanding, from memory, is that this will increase the refrigeration facilities from six to 13 and, I believe, will end the situation of bodies on trolleys in corridors. It is important we have dignity in regard to death.

Second, I spoke again to hospital management today and I have given the absolute go-ahead for the tender to issue in regard to the permanent build for the mortuary. I understand that will take a number of weeks in terms of processes, European rules and the like, but the go-ahead is in place and that new mortuary will be funded in the capital plan which I will publish shortly.

Third, Deputy Cullinane is correct in that I believe there is a need for a review. There is a need for questions to be answered in regard to how the mortuary operates and how we make sure best practice is in place. I want to take a couple of days to get this right. I want to take a couple of days in regard to the terms of reference and who should carry out that review. I am happy to hear from colleagues in the south east and anyone who wants can send me submissions on the matter.

Don't be a moron Oxter

So then the scandal that isn't has prompted the arrival of big walk in fridge today and the signing off on a replacement mortuary due

https://www.wlrfm.com/2019/05/09/90336/

Are you a Spin Doctor?

Nope but I have one of their albums.

Waterford Regional Hospital changed its nane 5 years ago and now needs to expand its mortuary.

Buzz words like "centre of excellence" and "best practise" used.

Mobile fridges are normally used as morgues in disaster zones. What other scandals are the hse covering up?

The only doctors the hse pays properly are the Spin Doctors, and plenty of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

It's a mortuary not a morgue.

vriesmays wrote: »
    It's a mortuary not a morgue.

Thanks for your pedantic comment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Oxter wrote: »
    Waterford Regional Hospital changed its nane 5 years ago and now needs to expand its mortuary.

Buzz words like "centre of excellence" and "best practise" used.

Mobile fridges are normally used as morgues in disaster zones. What other scandals are the hse covering up?

The only doctors the hse pays properly are the Spin Doctors, and plenty of them.

Goebels would be proud of their propaganda.

Goebels would be proud of their propaganda.

The hse had him cloned, successfully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Dum_Dum

What's the progress on this? Did the temporary solution arrive on Friday as promised?

Yes - 13 berths. The new mortuary work starts in the last quarter according to WLR news today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Dum_Dum

Yes - 13 berths. The new mortuary work starts in the last quarter according to WLR news today.

I'm glad. Can't wait until the works start in 2075.

Dum_Dum wrote: »
    I'm glad. Can't wait until the works start in 2075.

Whats the cost estimate?
    How often will it be revised upwards?

Have Harris and Varadker commented yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 bluess99

Was out in UHW this morning and saw ground works inside the entrance by the old Snowcream, is this finally work starting on the mortuary ????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭azimuth17

Yes. Mythen Construction of Wexford are doing the job.According to council website, planning was granted in December 2015 I believe.Takes a while to get things going......

Advertisement