Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The balaclava slips

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I highly doubt Adams runs his own Twitter account.

Nothing doing here.

He definitely does or did at least, there is no one else out there posting tweets like his

I don't. Is this usual behaviour nowadays? It should be a site ban to have multiple accounts imo.

Just do an ip ban on the earlier alluded to scatological poster, who has graced this very thread with at least one of his usernames so far, and half the usernames on this website are gone. It has got much worse in recent months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Force Carrier

Gerry Adams has never been a member of Twitter

Gerry Adams has never heard of Twitter

Gerry Adams has no connection to Twitter

But Gerry Adams understands why twitter has come about.
    We need to change the environment that gives rise to Twitter and the
    need for Twitter. Responsible people on the other side need to take leadership
    and change the environment and situation that has given rise to Twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,307 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Just do an ip ban on the earlier alluded to scatological poster, who has graced this very thread with at least one of his usernames so far, and half the usernames on this website are gone. It has got much worse in recent months.

How do you do that ?

And if its so widespread , why aren't the Mods doing something about it.??

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Force Carrier

greenspurs wrote: »
    How do you do that ?

And if its so widespread , why aren't the Mods doing something about it.??

This is probably not a growing site. Lack of appetite to ban users if there was a harmless type of multi-accounts that doesn't cause trouble. Trolling re regs would be different. But then they are probably using vpns with changing ip addresses and dns servers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Colonel Claptrap

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Slow news day. 70 year old pensioner makes mistake on twitter (if it was him).

In other news, rain is wet.

Made a mistake or initentionally tried to mislead?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,054 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

The IRA embraced peace? Yea ****ing right Gerry.

Are you Gerry, going to give the victims of the Birmingham bombings their day in court and hand over key evidence that could help with a conviction?
    Well ya ****!

The man is a pathological liar and narcissist.
    I hope he dies screaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Edgware wrote: »
    Well he has a bit of form on that front. When he used say that "I spoke to the IRA" he meant he was talking to the bathroom mirror

Maybe it was just IRA Gerry replying to SF Gerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,601 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Some interesting thread derailment being attempted there, can’t imagine it’ll do much to distract from the “Dear Leader’s” embarrassing faux pas though.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Slow news day. 70 year old pensioner makes mistake on twitter (if it was him).

In other news, rain is wet.

Don't insult the faculties of all over 70's. He messed up, pure and simple.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Some interesting thread derailment being attempted there, can’t imagine it’ll do much to distract from the “Dear Leader’s” embarrassing faux pas though.

Not as big a faux pas as Mary Lou McDonald strutting in behind that England out of Ireland banner though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Not much happening here except people having a bit of a laugh at Gerry’s expense.

Surely you don’t take this mistake all that seriously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Not as big a faux pas as Mary Lou McDonald strutting in behind that England out of Ireland banner though.

Yes that was a disaster for an Irish republican group who believe England should get out of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

"Those involved are not the IRA."
    But Gerry Adams was never in the IRA, so would not know. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Yes that was a disaster for an Irish republican group who believe England should get out of Ireland.

Yep. I fully supported the armed struggle but that banner was a step too far.

A pro choice campaigner aligning herself with an ardent anti abortion organisation.

She’s not the brightest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

Odhinn wrote: »
    Yep. I fully supported the armed struggle but that banner was a step too far.

To be fair Irish Americans are not known to be the brightest.

timthumbni wrote: »
    To be fair Irish Americans are not known to be the brightest.

Not that you have a chip on your shoulder about Irish Americans, republicans, irish nationalists, SF and so on.

Odhinn wrote: »
    Not that you have a chip on your shoulder about Irish Americans, republicans, irish nationalists, SF and so on.

Ditto. And by the antics by Irish republicans in Londonderry last night maybe I’ve a point pal.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I for one fully believed that the whole world had headed to hell in a handcart that fateful day I saw the leader of an Irish republican political party,(and them with a fundamental main policy of a United Ireland) and that wretched banner in the same photo.

On my knees howling I was.

A real "where were you the day that story broke?" moment and no mistake.

• Advertisement

Ditto. And by the antics by Irish republicans in Londonderry last night maybe I’ve a point pal.

It's Derry and no, I'm not your pal.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,302 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Not surprised at this. SF well known for their Twitter antics.

The only question left is does he reply to himself on boards?

Or does he just thank his other accounts when they post something he agrees with?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

You are pronouncing it incorrectly. The "London" is silent.

do ye doubt for a second that the same person/people operating multiple twitter accounts on behalf of SF arent here on boards all day every day doing the same thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

blanch152 wrote: »

Or does he just thank his other accounts when they post something he agrees with?

Shinnerbots infiltrated boards at one point. They are still here, hiding in the long grass, but not as prominent thank god.

blanch152 wrote: »

You think The Bearded One is amongst us?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

myshirt wrote: »
    Shinnerbots infiltrated boards at one point. They are still here, hiding in the long grass, but not as prominent thank god.

They haven't gone away, you know

myshirt wrote: »
    You are pronouncing it incorrectly. The "London" is silent.

You are such a card... and a original one at that...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

do ye doubt for a second that the same person/people operating multiple twitter accounts on behalf of SF arent here on boards all day every day doing the same thing?

Is that not the very definition of the well known and very real phenomenon the Shinnerbot"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Pythagorean

And then the said Mary Lou " Chucky" condemns the violence in Derry while the Sinn Fein shop continues to sell T shirts emblazoned with " tiochfaidh ar La", and Armalite rifle images.

Advertisement