Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Microgeneration bill in Dail

Options
  • 17-04-2019 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭

I saw on twitter I think that the was a Microgeneration bill to be discussed in the Dail today anyone know anything about

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭niallers1

discostu1 wrote: »
    I saw on twitter I think that the was a Microgeneration bill to be discussed in the Dail today anyone know anything about

This is a Sinn Fein bill to compel electricty companies to pay for excess microgeneration production. At the moment, for most microgeneration the excess is given back to the grid for free and your neighbour pays the electricity company for using your excess.

The cynic in me says that FF/FG will not allow this through becuase it is coming from Sinn Fein. They will delay it and then come up with their own version so they can say they got the bill through.

Climate change can wait this is political!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

I dont know if is political or lobby from big industry player(s) !!?

Advertisement