Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DGW35 Captains thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Jimenez, Sterling, Son or Aguero...

3/4 the could be rotation risks or facing tough games and yet I am worried about Jimenez after Wolves' feeble effort last weekend. Any chance they're already putting the feet up?!

I've changed a dozen times already and, ATM, it's Son I'm backing but that may change...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Wolves can still potentially get into Europe with a 7th place finish if a prem team wins the champions league I think. No way should they be on the beach

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Rikand wrote: »
    Wolves can still potentially get into Europe with a 7th place finish if a prem team wins the champions league I think. No way should they be on the beach

They get in if City win the FA Cup

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭markc91

Benimar wrote: »
    They get in if City win the FA Cup

I think i read somewhere that that rule was done away with :o

markc91 wrote: »
    I think i read somewhere that that rule was done away with :o

The old rule was done away with. Under old rule Watford would qualify as cup runners up. Under new rule the spot reverts back to the league positions if Cup winners are already in Europe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Genuinely tempted to go with Duffy to catch the bounce coming from everyone's tolerance of him falling off a cliff.

This is how FPL works right?

Feel compelled to stick it on Aguero as he plays Spurs at home!

And I'm a sucker for the old days when he always scored 4 against them!

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭KrakityJones

Posted this already I thought, and it disappeared, not a good omen..

Currently on De Brunye - he's back on form, rested and City are going to be coming out swinging to get the lead on Liverpool. Could be the man for the job.

Am I mad?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Going to use my TC chip this week.
    Aguero
    Sterling
    Jimenez

I can't decide

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Floating between Aguero and Jiminez.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Tc Jimenez.

• Advertisement

Posted this already I thought, and it disappeared, not a good omen..

Currently on De Brunye - he's back on form, rested and City are going to be coming out swinging to get the lead on Liverpool. Could be the man for the job.

Am I mad?

DeBruyne is far off his form tbh.

Since his return from injury he rarely impressed.

I am against it, but its your call.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SkySter

wonski wrote: »

Three assists against Spurs in the CL and two against Palace and MOTM. He is definately tempting me. Especially as I dont have Sterling.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,641 ✭✭✭✭dahat

wonski wrote: »

Huh?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

dahat wrote:
    Huh?

He's ignoring the champions league game. He really shouldn't, it was one of the best centre mid performances I've ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭markc91

Deulofeu (C) as a differential anyone?

markc91 wrote: »
    Deulofeu (C) as a differential anyone?

I would if it wasn't for the yellow tag, or the slight injury doubt, we know that Watford are safe and have an Fa Cup final to plan for the manager wont be risking anyone in the coming weeks. He could well just bench him if not 100% for the huddersfield game.

If I was to guess I think he will get a run out in that game late on and start the 2nd one but be taken off early like he always is so you might only get 90 minutes total for him.

Ive gone back and forth on bringing in hughes or doucore into my team who both should play 90 mins Ive settles on doucoure as he rates out statistically better then hughes but not good enough to captain

I've in currently on Aguero as a safer play but also doesn't look like being highly captained

• Registered Users Posts: 6,712 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Not paying attention and missing price drops on both Vardy and King mean I am 0.1 off affording Jimi. I am now 100% certain that he is definitely going to score big now, for those who have him.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Missing Links

TC Jimi (contemplated Doherty).

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I've had the armband on Lacazette all week.

Somebody hold me....

SkySter wrote: »
    Three assists against Spurs in the CL and two against Palace and MOTM. He is definately tempting me. Especially as I dont have Sterling.

I would ignore the CL game tbh.

It was madness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,651 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Makes sense to TC Jimmi like. He really should start both games. At home for both games. Have a niggling feeling that Brighton will get a 1-0 win against them tho.

My other option is Mane next week. Main fear there is that he's rested or taken off early.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Makes sense to TC Jimmi like. He really should start both games. At home for both games. Have a niggling feeling that Brighton will get a 1-0 win against them tho.

My other option is Mane next week. Main fear there is that he's rested or taken off early.

Extremely unlikely. If the Liverpool boys were fatigued they’d of been coming off against Porto.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭skippy15

Aguero and Jimi TC
    Chopping and changing had it on Jimi all day but swapped back to Aguero
    Think he plays at least 120 mins if not all games, can see City going nuts and bookies kinda agree. Just feel Aguero's cap is a lot higher than Jimi and he doesn't scare me same way Aguero does regardless of fixture

• Registered Users Posts: 4,651 ✭✭✭sheroman01

sheroman01 wrote: »

Okay I've totally thrown out all plans and decided to go with TC Sterling who I just brought in. He should play 120mins minimum and his potential points are higher than Jimmi I think.

That been said I'm stil very very very nervous about it! ....

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Nats9314

Currently on Laca....but could easily change to Jimi Aguero or sterling...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,598 ✭✭✭Cartman78

My armband is still tentatively resting on KDB....its a tough one as a Liverpool fan tbh.

City have to go for the league big time now and KDB seems to be the fulcrum of everything.

Jiminez is my other main candidate

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 473 ✭✭Pissartist

Redmond for me

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I'm really not sure what to do...
    Have Jimenez, Sterling, Son, KDB and Aguero.

On KDB now, but any of the above are worth a punt really...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

mik_da_man wrote: »
    I'm really not sure what to do...
    Have Jimenez, Sterling, Son, KDB and Aguero.

On KDB now, but any of the above are worth a punt really...

This call could make it break a season now

• Advertisement

Gone Jimenez TC.

Advertisement