Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Stop, Sip, Sleep".... they have this all wrong

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Bob Harris wrote: »
    Cos Ireland is littered with cheap roadside hotels and friends who conveniently live close by to wherever you're driving.

Maybe they should advise us all to have a blanket and travel pillow in the car and use same when tired. Pull over and nap

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Neames

I've always thought it was a stupid campaign though. People now laugh at the drink driving campaign that said "Just two will do" and I see this as similar. Surely if you are jaded tired then they should be advising you just to pull up at a cheap hotel and get a good night's sleep, or stay with a friend, or anything other than being on the road.

4 and no more....that was another one.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

A lot of the problem today is cars are to dam comfortable ....what you need to drive is a Austin allegro....you'll never fall asleep ......pushing that

• Registered Users Posts: 18,119 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I've always thought it was a stupid campaign though. People now laugh at the drink driving campaign that said "Just two will do" and I see this as similar. Surely if you are jaded tired then they should be advising you just to pull up at a cheap hotel and get a good night's sleep, or stay with a friend, or anything other than being on the road.

They aren't exactly talking about 16 hour drives on the US interstate...

In a small country where most journeys are going to be less than a few hours what on earth would be the point in trying to encourage people to pull into a hotel instead? Take an overnight stay when they think they are already almost home? It would be a total waste of effort, nobody with an hour to drive is going to do that, they will try to plough on for the last hour of the journey instead.

Far better to focus on achievable aims, like getting people to pull in and sort themselves out.

Advertisement