Advertisement
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Traffic lights - Briarhill

• 15-04-2019 7:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭ NTC

Just checking if anyone has passed the area yet. Are they still out of order? Could be mayhem up there this morning.

I was up there yesterday evening and they were out.

Anyone know the issue?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭ NTC

Just saw this on AARoadwatch
    GALWAY:

Traffic lights remain out of action at the Briarhill jct until further notice.

It's slow into Parkmore from both sides.

No major delays for Galway City traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,483 ✭✭✭ Ordinary man

Heading out of galway reduced to 1 lane but little trafic, heading in to galway was nearly backed up to the far roundabout

• Registered Users Posts: 15,695 ✭✭✭✭ zell12

Heading out of galway reduced to 1 lane but little trafic, heading in to galway was nearly backed up to the far roundabout
    Same as every weekday morning then

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭ witnessrenegade

Went through yesterday, was a complete joke, hopefully fixed soon

• Registered Users Posts: 10,757 ✭✭✭✭ flazio

In my opinion, they should have closed the Parkmore and Doughiska sides temporarily.
    Parkmore divert through Carnmore and Tuam Road. Ballybrit through Doughiska down at the Roscam side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭ DaCor

Went through at 8:45am, no issues, traffic moving well with the lads directing

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭ muppetkiller

Was still a complete mess at lunch. Some drivers flying through without a care in the world...idiots

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭ Ashleigh1986

Sums up galway .
    Lights out all over weekend because of a traffic accident .
    Monday morning rush hour still not fixed.
    Gardai not there at 7.30 am when traffic starts building up .
    It's a joke of a city regarding management of traffic problems/ sporting events / music events etc.
    It operates Monday to Friday 9 to 5 if anything happens outside those hours , it just has to wait until the morning to get sorted .
    A village trying to operate as a city !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ChewyLouie

Was still a complete mess at lunch. Some drivers flying through without a care in the world...idiots

Worth mentioning there were no Gardai giving directions at lunch time - every car for themselves!

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭ NTC

I hope there are going to be there at 5pm! Could be a nightmare getting out of parkmore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭ what_traffic

Lights out all over weekend because of a traffic accident.
    Was a traffic collision.
    Presume it was a driver of a motor vehicle that was responsible for this?

https://galwaybayfm.ie/galway-bay-fm-news-desk/council-hopes-to-repair-briarhill-traffic-lights-by-this-evening/
    "
    The lights at Briarhill were damaged in a collision early on Saturday and have been out of order since.
    "

Seems like poor design that there has no redundancy built into this traffic
    controlled junction.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭ Ashleigh1986

Why would you put a control box in an area that could be hit by a vecihcle involved in an accident ?
    My god give me street smarts over some of these highly educated engineers !!!

Advertisement