Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 All Ireland Senior Football Championship *Mod note: Post #1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

They should just ban the Pale from the GAA. Sure most of them aren't Gaels they're descended from the Normans and Brits. Ruining our games. More at home with Shamrock Rovers in their pub soccer league.

Would you go away and shîte.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

jr86 wrote: »
    Haha, I'd love some of what you're having :)

the only team mentioned that dublin played last year was donegal at home and won by a whopping 5 points , other then that they have struggled against mayo and kerry in championship , they will meet one of the 3 in the semi finals this year not a badly managed galway team that look average at best under walsh in last years semi

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Connaught champions annihilated by 18 points. Not good for the association. Dublin will hammer whoever they get in the semi final.

I wonder will Tyrone also rest players next week? If you thought today's match was drab wait until you see the next.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭C__MC

If we put the dynamics of Dublin advantage away for a bit

Could Kerry and Tyrone hurt Dublin?
    Dublin defence looks patch so far this year?
    Will gavin risk an open game with Kerry if they meet?
    How will.they deal with mc Shane next week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

the only team mentioned that dublin played last year was donegal at home and won by a whopping 5 points , other then that they have struggled against mayo and kerry in championship , they will meet one of the 3 in the semi finals this year not a badly managed galway team that look average at best under walsh in last years semi

Haha as a Mayo man Dublin would beat us by about 15-20 points this year

A lot has changed since 2017

They won't be touched, I honestly cannot believe people actually think this is a contest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,237 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

C__MC wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to Tyrone and Dublin in omagh
    Tyrones running game can hurt the dubs who's defence looks suspect so far this year.

Can’t wait. Looking forward to seeing the boys face stiff opposition away from home.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭threeball

If things don't change at the top fairly soon it's time for a break away from the GAA. The powers that be have shown they only care about money.
    They couldn't give a sh1te about the club's.
    They couldn't give a sh1te about the players.
    They couldn't give a sh1te about fair competition or level playing fields.
    They couldn't give a sh1te about atmosphere or spectacle.
    They couldn't give a sh1te about the fans.

It's time to leave them to it and go back to what the GAA was meant to be. Not a load of fat lads in suits creaming off big wages.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Haha, I'd love some of what you're having :)

Agree this Dublin team is not that far ahead of the rest. A better team will make use of the space afforded to them

• Registered Users Posts: 5,665 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Was looking forward to heading to the games tomorrow as a neutral but the earlier Open tee times are making me reconsider. Would they be showing the golf at the bars?

RoyalCelt wrote: »
    Connaught champions annihilated by 18 points. Not good for the association. Dublin will hammer whoever they get in the semi final.

I wonder will Tyrone also rest players next week? If you thought today's match was drab wait until you see the next.

not a hope #, all this shows is how pointless the provincial championships are and why the championship needs to be changed completely , last week roscommon were beaten at home handly by tyrone , a side knocked out in the first round of the ulster championship

its time for a major overhaul in the structures in gaelic football and realistically the only way at the moment until teams improve would be to copy the ladies football module of junior , intermediate and senior championships

roscommon are a top 10 side and are no where near the top 5 teams , blaming dublin is ludacris they got the same hidens last year in the super 8s , the top 5 teams are miles miles ahead of the rest of the pack its just a pity we will have to wait so long in to the championship to see the best teams play each other

• Advertisement

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Agree this Dublin team is not that far ahead of the rest. A better team will make use of the space afforded to them

But "50/50" is fantasy stuff, imagine a bookie giving evens on Dublin winning a semi, we'd all become extremely rich men :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭vetinari

I said it last week, why the **** did Cork not rest players against Dublin?
    It was shocking mismanagement.
    They might have fared better in the second half today if they had.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

What a fantastic evening watching the greatest team of all time, and simultaneously seeing Shane go low. Off to bed now, work tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭threeball

RoyalCelt wrote: »

not a hope #, all this shows is how pointless the provincial championships are and why the championship needs to be changed completely , last week roscommon were beaten at home handly by tyrone , a side knocked out in the first round of the ulster championship

its time for a major overhaul in the structures in gaelic football and realistically the only way at the moment until teams improve would be to copy the ladies football module of junior , intermediate and senior championships

roscommon are a top 10 side and are no where near the top 5 teams , blaming dublin is ludacris they got the same hidens last year in the super 8s , the top 5 teams are miles miles ahead of the rest of the pack its just a pity we will have to wait so long in to the championship to see the best teams play each other

Please name these top five because I fail to see them. There's a top 1 and 3 also rans with a big gap to make up. The rest are miles behind them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Downlinz

I know it might seem that way when victories by 16 points have become the norm but a game won by 5 points isn't exactly close. Neither should their rivalry with Kerry or Mayo be described as a struggle when they have a 4 and 5 match winning streak against them in the championship and haven't lost to either in 7 years.
    Some people are reaching the point of inventing competition and threats for the Dubs now to keep themselves interested. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭vetinari

top 3 or 4 teams in the country v dublin and its 50/50 , everyone else its a turkey shoot ,

50/50 ???? You must be trolling.
    At best the second best team is about 30 / 70 against Dublin and that's generous. Dublin are way way out in front.

vetinari wrote: »

If the super 8s continue, then I can see teams starting to tactically field scratch sides in certain matches.

I'm hoping sense prevails and they get scrapped though

Haha as a Mayo man Dublin would beat us by about 15-20 points this year

A lot has changed since 2017

They won't be touched, I honestly cannot believe people actually think this is a contest

quick question you think that roscommon are on the same level as kerry , donegal , tyrone or even mayo

granted they beat them at the start of the year , the jury is still out but it is only now you would expect to see the best of mayo

mayo are one of the few teams in the country conditioned to go toe to toe with the dubs they would offer a huge threat to them , better then any division 2 or 3 team would and at the moment they would be the weaker of the 3 teams in group A that i mentioned

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Lads a genuine question - does anyone think the 'Croke Park' round is a better idea than a neutral venue round?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

If the super 8s continue, then I can see teams starting to tactically field scratch sides in certain matches.

I'm hoping sense prevails and they get scrapped though

A bit like some teams fielding weaker teams in the round robin hurling.

If the attendances keep going down, you'd think they wouldn't be worth having so many matches? :confused:

• Advertisement

Downlinz wrote: »
    I know it might seem that way when victories by 16 points have become the norm but a game won by 5 points isn't exactly close. Neither should their rivalry with Kerry or Mayo be described as a struggle when they have a 4 and 5 match winning streak against them in the championship and haven't lost to either in 7 years.
    Some people are reaching the point of inventing competition and threats for the Dubs now to keep themselves interested. :D

So true

I'm baffled at the lengths people will go to to convince themselves that this is actually a competitive championship

In the real world, Dublin are comfortably the best team in Ireland. And fair fks to them

The super eights is ****e
    Lets be honest
    Give me back the old format any day of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Forget 5 in a row Dublin will probably go on to do the 10 in a row in 2024. And remember the surprise win that donegal got over them without that they would be on 7 or 8 in a row already. It’s an unfair competition now it’s basically 1 county vs the rest.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Fan of Netflix

ArielAtom wrote: »
    What a fantastic evening watching the greatest team of all time, and simultaneously seeing Shane go low. Off to bed now, work tomorrow.
    Lol this Dub wasn't even watching, he had the British golf on. Typical.

50/50 ???? You must be trolling.
    At best the second best team is about 30 / 70 against Dublin and that's generous. Dublin are way way out in front.

you are basing dublins performances on what , against division 3 and 4 teams , roscommon were the worst team in division 1 this year and have struggled in croke park for years now , how come this talk didnt exist when mayo beat them by 22 points , or tyrone last year by 18

i am afraid every one is seriously missing the point here

• Registered Users Posts: 18,144 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

quick question you think that roscommon are on the same level as kerry , donegal , tyrone or even mayo

granted they beat them at the start of the year , the jury is still out but it is only now you would expect to see the best of mayo

mayo are one of the few teams in the country conditioned to go toe to toe with the dubs they would offer a huge threat to them , better then any division 2 or 3 team would and at the moment they would be the weaker of the 3 teams in group A that i mentioned

Mayo got smashed last week by kerry. Let's get real here, Dubs would beat Mayo by at least 10 points this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,157 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

What kind of message does that send to the players? Going out in your first game conceding defeat before you step on the field. They gave it a good shot last weekend and today and these are the games that will develop these players.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Roscommon haven’t been to a semi final since 1991. Had the format not been changed back in the late 90s or whenever it was they would have been to 3 or 4 semi finals in this time. Don’t think any other county has performed so badly as provencial winners.

Like come on
    Youd see more of an atmosphere at an under eight match then what was in croker tonight
    This is meant to be the pinnacle of our season

Imagine this cork and roscommon have to train for two more weeks and then play a meaningless game.

The shortening of the inter county season de values thr championship. Like Kerry could be playing Dublin in a semi, we will get a one week build up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

Lol this Dub wasn't even watching, he had the British golf on. Typical.

Obviously you’re limited comprehension of the English comes to the fore in that post😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 but it’s great that you got some comfort from it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement