Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: HBO's Deadwood

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

Holly WW wrote: »
    Why is Ewan voting 4? I'll have to read back, not sure how I feel about that change to the line up
    Holly WW wrote: »
    What's the hmm for?

I think it's ridiculous changing the order, reasoning being wolves have to stick or twist, in that if there is a wolf in the first 3 they'd have to allow Gertie to win again or highlight the wolf.
    Brendan WW wrote: »
    Sorry what? How does this prove you're NRV?

Why are you changing the order so late?
    Steve WW wrote: »
    Can we even trust Ewan to vote 4 even if he says he will? Bit late in the game now Ewan to be saying your not voting. If we get someone else in his place how much will that mess things up?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Ewan WW wrote: »

This is interesting.

I suggested a strategy earlier to try to upset wolves. Part of that was voting at 5.25. I thought it might really screw up any strategy the wolves might have. If the wolves had their votes already decided and in for prize vote 4, the change in names might of thrown them. Holly and Steve’s reactions are worth noting but I’m not sure I can see the wolves getting so animated if their plan was going pear shaped. The village was going to win the prize , so the only question was who. If they were wolves panicking then it seems very sloppy play for such little gains.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

And you still never answered those questions

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Guys, I hate to be annoying (not really) but I really wanna watch this match tonight at 8pm so I'm gonna need to put in my order shortly.

Am I going with Ewan?

You have Duffy captain too ? ;)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Desmond WW wrote: »
    This is interesting.

I suggested a strategy earlier to try to upset wolves. Part of that was voting at 5.25. I thought it might really screw up any strategy the wolves might have. If the wolves had their votes already decided and in for prize vote 4, the change in names might of thrown them. Holly and Steve’s reactions are worth noting but I’m not sure I can see the wolves getting so animated if their plan was going pear shaped. The village was going to win the prize , so the only question was who. If they were wolves panicking then it seems very sloppy play for such little gains.

I like the 5.25 idea in theory, but in reality it's difficult to pull off with player availability. If one person has an emergency or internet dies or whatever, then you leave an opening for the wolves to slip in.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

That’s the thing. Ewan and Brendan were both pretty much nailed on targets for the village. Why would the wolves protect or clear either?

Either to make 1-3 look dodgy AF or to protect one from that list? It can’t be two wolves so there are two villagers in that list.

In fact, does that also apply to the 2nd vote?

Game 2:

#1 Brendan
    #2 Conor
    #3 Vernon (good)
    #4 ewan
    #5 Desmond

So one of Conor or Ewan is bad

Game 4

1. Phil
    2. Steve
    3. Holly
    4. Brendan
    5. Des

There can’t be 2 wolves in that list 1-3. This makes 2 of Phil, Steve and holly good?

If we kill ewan and he’s good then Conor is bad? Does that sound right?

This would be spot on I think. We’re assuming that we’re interpreting all the GR results correctly but we kind of have to do that. Basically from Bren, ewan and Conor there at least a wolf with Conor least likely (he’s not clear but the wolves would have needed a hugely risky play on GR1 if he was)

Again assuming that we’ve now won the last GR and that evas death was a bullet the wolves got in gr1 (and we should be able to verify Brendan’s prize at lynch (maybe?)) then the wolves can’t have gotten a prize so bren is clear

There’s always a risk that it’s a sort of null announcement that gold has been found, but that’s inconsistent with GR2. Would be nice to verify the prizes so lynch results will be interesting

Always a chance of something bonkers in the mix but I don’t see it tbh

I like the 5.25 idea in theory, but in reality it's difficult to pull off with player availability. If one person has an emergency or internet dies or whatever, then you leave an opening for the wolves to slip in.

Yeh that’s gonna be tough to swing and with the United game about to start I’m not sure I can come up with any good ways to make it work anytime soon!

Yeh that’s gonna be tough to swing and with the United game about to start I’m not sure I can come up with any good ways to make it work anytime soon!

Yeah, you confident (for the United game I mean)?

I have a sneaky feeling ye'll grab an early goal and make things interesting.

Ewans action in GR4 is strange though. It’s an awful play for a wolf

Mary WW wrote: »
    This would be spot on I think. We’re assuming that we’re interpreting all the GR results correctly but we kind of have to do that. Basically from Bren, ewan and Conor there at least a wolf with Conor least likely (he’s not clear but the wolves would have needed a hugely risky play on GR1 if he was)

Again assuming that we’ve now won the last GR and that evas death was a bullet the wolves got in gr1 (and we should be able to verify Brendan’s prize at lynch (maybe?)) then the wolves can’t have gotten a prize so bren is clear

There’s always a risk that it’s a sort of null announcement that gold has been found, but that’s inconsistent with GR2. Would be nice to verify the prizes so lynch results will be interesting

The bonkers scenario is always possible. If ewan is bad do you think that adds to Conor being good or not necessarily in his plus/minus column?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

Do you mean null announcement as in mods saying gold is found but nobody has actually won?

The bonkers scenario is always possible. If ewan is bad do you think that adds to Conor being good or not necessarily in his plus/minus column?

I think it would probably make Conor more likely to be good since there’s no reason for a wolf to volunteer into GR2 if they already have a wolf in place.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

My initial read was that we changed to a play designed to clear Ewan, and Ewan hesitated, which made me think he's a wolf who panicked.

Yeah, you confident (for the United game I mean)?

I have a sneaky feeling ye'll grab an early goal and make things interesting.

Not confident at all. What this team has is an ability to raise their game when nobody thinks they will do well. They’ve won away to Juve, psg , Chelsea and Arsenal in cups. But I think first goal is key. Barca could absolutely destroy us if they are on song. United have ridden their luck a lot!!!

Tegan WW wrote: »
    Do you mean null announcement as in mods saying gold is found but nobody has actually won?

Yeah exactly. Hence why I say it’s better to see the prizes.

Don’t know how that would reconcile with the outcome of GR2 though.

Yes a wolf would jump to take a top vote number

I'm leaning wolf for Conor and Mary

Phil WW wrote: »
    My initial read was that we changed to a play designed to clear Ewan, and Ewan hesitated, which made me think he's a wolf who panicked.

Yeah now that I've had a dose of cop the fcuk on and calmed down a bit that's how it reads to me. The hesitation over voting is weird, admittedly.

But surely a villager just votes in that slot as they have nothing to hide?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

I’m not going to get to catch up on thread before the lynch tonight. Anyone care to fill me in on who was wolfie today :D

Yeah exactly. Hence why I say it’s better to see the prizes.

Don’t know how that would reconcile with the outcome of GR2 though.

Yeah they announced that no gold was found so that seems unlikely.

Angus WW wrote: »
    I’m not going to get to catch up on thread before the lynch tonight. Anyone care to fill me in on who was wolfie today :D

Well I would, but Phil thought I was a wolf for doing it yesterday :(

No issues with that now though :pac:

• Advertisement

Yes a wolf would jump to take a top vote number

I'm leaning wolf for Conor and Mary

For what its worth, if you flip good, that's where I'd be leaning too.
    Angus WW wrote: »

The low posters ;)

Yeah now that I've had a dose of cop the fcuk on and calmed down a bit that's how it reads to me. The hesitation over voting is weird, admittedly.

But surely a villager just votes in that slot as they have nothing to hide?

If ewan is bad then maybe there is definitely another baddy in the 1-3?

By that I mean the wolves weren’t trying to make these three look dodgy AF , they were protecting somebody.

But again ewan effectively clearing you and prob making himself a guaranteed lynch? That’s a crazy odd wolf play!

Well I would, but Phil thought I was a wolf for doing it yesterday :(

No issues with that now though :pac:

There's something about you that I always find wolfy though :pac:

By that I mean the wolves weren’t trying to make these three look dodgy AF , they were protecting somebody.

But again ewan effectively clearing you and prob making himself a guaranteed lynch? That’s a crazy odd wolf play!

Yes I'm too stupid to be a wolf

It was clear frustration why I didn't vote 4

That's my thoughts at the moment. Ewan's hesitation was cos he had already voted in the 1-3 slots to block someone and knew that 4 was wide open.

Phil WW wrote: »
    There's something about you that I always find wolfy though :pac:

giphy.gif

Anyway, I've put my vote in for Ewan, but unlike some, I can multitask and should be on all evening....

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

I’m back!

So are we going with Ewan then? Definitely suspect during GR but as Des said it could be a panicked villager and then its Vern 2.0.

I was thinking too if we believe there’s a possibility a wolf was missing today. Was there anyone missing on thread for a full day or around goldrush? Don’t want to target anyone as that was me yesterday but could be something to look into

Most likely scenario, admittedly.

Only other thing I can think of is that there were two wolves in the top 5, they blocked the numbers below that.

Would mean Des being a wolf is possible.

• Advertisement

Steve WW wrote: »
    I’m back!

So are we going with Ewan then? Definitely suspect during GR but as Des said it could be a panicked villager and then its Vern 2.0.

I was thinking too if we believe there’s a possibility a wolf was missing today. Was there anyone missing on thread for a full day or around goldrush? Don’t want to target anyone as that was me yesterday but could be something to look into

I wasn't around for most of the day but it's a fair point.

Advertisement