Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Mobile SIM only €14.99 per month

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

bromley52 wrote: »
    30GB

Dont think you get the full data allowance while roaming, i think its around 10gb or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭bromley52

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Dont think you get the full data allowance while roaming, i think its around 10gb or something like that.

With eir mobile connect 30 you do get the full allowance of 30GB.
    Use this tool

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭the.red.baron

Why do they needlessly make it so complex

Classic Eircom

Offer closing tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭banchang

Offer closing tonight.

Do I have to request the callback on OBS site or can I proactively conact Eir or OBS to ensure I don't miss the deadline?

• Advertisement

banchang wrote: »
    Do I have to request the callback on OBS site or can I proactively conact Eir or OBS to ensure I don't miss the deadline?

Call 1800 303 719 and quote the one big switch offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,617 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

banchang wrote: »

Don't bother with the callback.
    I'm still waiting having requested a callback 4 weeks ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭banchang

Call 1800 303 719 and quote the one big switch offer.

Thanks - did this & was completed in 10 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭United road

I hate change! With VF so long, i just like when things work, anyway i was worried about heading to Eir based on people’s feedback here, so rang VF on Friday, asked they make me an offer or id have to go to eir, tbf to them they did, not as good as eir but i was happy.
    Went from €55 a mth at 5gb data to 25 a month with 20gb data, and moves to 35 after 6 mths, great savings for me, more data and keep phone upgrade

This means i stay (with them 15 plus years) and they rewarded loyalty
    Shows the value in shopping around and also using offers of competition against your existing suppliers

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭A Law

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Managed to sign-up to this 14.99 deal last month for 12 months (I'm an eir customer, was paying 30 for the same deal previously).

Bill came in today: 14.99 + once-off service charge of 14.xx

Only found out it was a 'once off' after I contacted web-chat (which in fairness I was through to in 1 min)

Bit odd, but i'll let this one slide, so long as the following bills stay at 14.99

I was also charged the 14.99 extra. My first bill was 26.04€ for 3 weeks. Contacted customer care and got a different response that we pay a month in advance. Does this mean them that we have to give notice 30 days before the year is up and we'll get the last month for free? Don't think I've come across this before with phone companies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭davork

I hate change! With VF so long, i just like when things work, anyway i was worried about heading to Eir based on people’s feedback here, so rang VF on Friday, asked they make me an offer or id have to go to eir, tbf to them they did, not as good as eir but i was happy.
    Went from €55 a mth at 5gb data to 25 a month with 20gb data, and moves to 35 after 6 mths, great savings for me, more data and keep phone upgrade

Shows the value in shopping around and also using offers of competition against your existing suppliers

Hearing that I think VF Ireland have finally woken up - we were with them from 1991(!) to 2017(!!) and left after they became unmanerly (to put it mildly) - never got a decent offer from them - but herself was paranoid - went from them to 48 months and then to an earlier eir offer then the One Big Switch one (which I suspect has been screwed up by Eir... another story)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Not being a dick but Vodafone just gave you the offer that is available to the general public. It's a grand offer but they didn't do you any huge favour and they definitely didn't reward you.

Not being a dick but Vodafone just gave you the offer that is available to the general public. It's a grand offer but they didn't do you any huge favour and they definitely didn't reward you.

Fair point, not sure that offer is available to existing customers, guy said it wasnt but would offer it to me, so thats why i felt i had been rewarded,
    You are probably right, but im certainly happier than before i rang them and i stay with VF as i never wanted to leave.
    Not got any issues with Eir myself but the comments on here concern me and so delighted to stay with what i know, never had 1 days problem with VF

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Fair point, not sure that offer is available to existing customers, guy said it wasnt but would offer it to me, so thats why i felt i had been rewarded,
    You are probably right, but im certainly happier than before i rang them and i stay with VF as i never wanted to leave.
    Not got any issues with Eir myself but the comments on here concern me and so delighted to stay with what i know, never had 1 days problem with VF

Ive been with VF the last 5 years and my contract is ending in two weeks,i decided to cancel and go with this offer because im getting twice the data for half the price,VF rang me and tried to persuade me to stay with another offer but i just said if you can match the Eir offer ill stay,they obviously couldn't so im switching,and like you i never had any problems with VF but it is too expensive for what you are getting.

Ive been with VF the last 5 years and my contract is ending in two weeks,i decided to cancel and go with this offer because im getting twice the data for half the price,VF rang me and tried to persuade me to stay with another offer but i just said if you can match the Eir offer ill stay,they obviously couldn't so im switching,and like you i never had any problems with VF but it is too expensive for what you are getting.

I agree, what you did is what most would do!
    I guess i thought the saving is good enough for me, and i did say i hate change! So the hassle of moving, porting phones and the customer service, said id pay higher premium for all that avoidance

I know lots will think im mad
    But im in better position now than i was in terms of monthly bills and as i said, original point remains - i used Eir offer to get improved deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

How long is the port taking for just people?

I've tried porting my number at around 2 but the phone is only using the new eir number, not my own old number.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

How long is the port taking for just people?

I've tried porting my number at around 2 but the phone is only using the new eir number, not my own old number.

I done mine over the phone and it ported about 2 minutes after the call finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭reni10

Anyone still able to get this deal or has it now ended?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

reni10 wrote: »
    Anyone still able to get this deal or has it now ended?

Available till the end of June i think,its still on their site

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭reni10

Where is it on their site?

• Advertisement

The OBS offer is over. The offers on Eirs website now is the same but it's only for 6 months, then full price thereafter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭jeffk

Looks like wont be leaving Vodafone any time soon so.

Only still with them cause they gave me 20Gb data for birthday in May, but then wont bump my 15Gb a month to match new student deals

• Registered Users Posts: 10,617 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

The offers on Eirs website now is the same but it's only for 6 months, then full price thereafter.

1 months notice so could move after 6 months?

okidoki987 wrote: »
    1 months notice so could move after 6 months?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭chris1970

Offer might suit some but it didn’t suit me, coverage weak in galway city west, 45 seconds to connect calls, jumping from 4g to h,h to g , very weak network, especially in north county galway, signed up for 19,99 lasted two weeks, calls going straight to mailbox, had enough, got billed 34.99 when I went back to Vodafone , took 3 day to port from Vodafone, 3 days to port back! Wouldn’t recommend.eir extra were nice ,4g speed of max 5.gb , only moved to get better deal from Vodafone, got s10+ deal from CPW , who were very good to deal with, as I said would suit some but not a self employed person like myself .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

I am using a samsung A5...can anyone be so kind as to explain how to setup mobile data? tried webchat but they are clueless

I am using a samsung A5...can anyone be so kind as to explain how to setup mobile data? tried webchat but they are clueless

Go to settings and then mobile data, ensure its enabled along with data roaming.

In settings- mobile network - Access point names and check you have one in there for eir/meteor.

i have 2 under access point names ...meteor data and meteor MMS...is that correct?

i have 2 under access point names ...meteor data and meteor MMS...is that correct?

Yes, and meteor data is selected?

• Advertisement

yes...is that correct?

Advertisement