Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Octavia VRS .... What next

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

Lovley car, top of my list if I could find one with adaptive cruise .

Touring in blue with the M sport kit really look good

Exactly what I got bar the adaptive cruise. Rare option, I'd say the UK is your best bet. Mines missing a few toys compared to the superb alright but I can't say I'm missing any of them bar xenons but they are in hand to be sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Alfagtamini

Exactly what I got bar the adaptive cruise. Rare option, I'd say the UK is your best bet. Mines missing a few toys compared to the superb alright but I can't say I'm missing any of them bar xenons but they are in hand to be sorted.

Sounds very nice well wear !

I've put the Vrs up for sale privately. If it sells it opens up that options of bringing in something from the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭NuttyMcNutty

I have a vrs at the moment(second one), have to say this one is not as economical as the 2008 version. Anyway my previous car to this was the opel insignia, top of the range one. not sure if it has all you require but it was very quick and very economical and a good price for what you get. Worth a look.

I have a vrs at the moment(second one), have to say this one is not as economical as the 2008 version. Anyway my previous car to this was the opel insignia, top of the range one. not sure if it has all you require but it was very quick and very economical and a good price for what you get. Worth a look.

I'm averaging 48mpg on motorway runs. Not as good as I was expecting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

V60 d4 or d5?

• Advertisement

V60 d4 or d5?

V60/S60 r design would be perfect in D4/d5

Interior is a bit dated but I believe android auto can be retrofitted with a aftermarket system

• Registered Users Posts: 12,675 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Would an S90/V90 be in budget? D4 is 190ps and Adaptive Cruise and Lane Assist are standard on all models.
    Won't be anywhere near as dynamic to drive as others suggested so far, but for a purely motorway long commute I can't think of anything else that would do that job so well.

New Volvo's are loaded with all the tech, although android auto / car play is still an option, but there is built-in Spotify integration so there's not many features missing that android auto would give.

D5 AWD R-Design would be the business but probably out of budget unless they are really cheap in the UK.

Cheers for the suggestion.

Not really thought of the S90. Id need to take one for a spin as they seem quiet large.

Prices are reasonable too in the UK going by a quick autotrader search

• Registered Users Posts: 15,506 ✭✭✭✭vectra

I did exactly as you did OP.
    I had 3 vRS's ( 2 hatch and one combi )
    I went for a new Passat B8 with adaptive cruise
    Highline
    Business edition
    Sports pack added

I loved that car and to be honest I settled in to it almost immediately,
    It was a lovely drive to be honest.
    My vRS's were the 170 bhp models
    The passat was 150,
    To be honest there was little or no difference between performance, except for motorway driving when at 110 or so, the passat was a little sluggish to overtake compared to the vRS.
    But again, If you are into cruising along with adaptive on, it feels very relaxing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Duane Dibbley

Jaguar XE Prestige is a nice car

• Advertisement

vectra wrote: »
    I did exactly as you did OP.
    I had 3 vRS's ( 2 hatch and one combi )
    I went for a new Passat B8 with adaptive cruise
    Highline
    Business edition
    Sports pack added

I loved that car and to be honest I settled in to it almost immediately,
    It was a lovely drive to be honest.
    My vRS's were the 170 bhp models
    The passat was 150,
    To be honest there was little or no difference between performance, except for motorway driving when at 110 or so, the passat was a little sluggish to overtake compared to the vRS.
    But again, If you are into cruising along with adaptive on, it feels very relaxing.

That's very interesting, almost identical situation to me then.
    I have found a few Passat's exactly as you specced but with 185hp. So that could possibly tick all the boxes

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Merc c class...

Jag is another like mentioned couple posts back.

Merc c class...

Jag is another like mentioned couple posts back.

2 good mentions aswell there.

I think a trip around the dealers is needed:p

Anyone want to buy a vrs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,506 ✭✭✭✭vectra

I have found a few Passat's exactly as you specced but with 185hp. So that could possibly tick all the boxes

Also
    I found that Passat very economical on a long trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭adam88

The more I read this the more I miss my vrs. I bought it new and specced it out high. Like previous order said of his Passat I fitted into it so well and took to it straight away. Only sold it cause I was getting an unreal trade in value against a kodiaq. Have the jeep 5 weeks now and haven’t got that connection yet with it lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

Jaguar XE Prestige is a nice car

Anyone have one of these? What's the reliability like (2015/2016)? There seems to be a few around the dealers.

vectra wrote: »
    Also
    I found that Passat very economical on a long trip.

Thanks for that.

adam88 wrote: »
    The more I read this the more I miss my vrs. I bought it new and specced it out high. Like previous order said of his Passat I fitted into it so well and took to it straight away. Only sold it cause I was getting an unreal trade in value against a kodiaq. Have the jeep 5 weeks now and haven’t got that connection yet with it lol

Very nice VRS. My wife wanted to change her car for a kodiaq but we were told we would need to wait 16 weeks for a diesel or 1.5tsi DSg

Superb I had was the 190 and it pretty close performance wise to the vrs. Drove a few 150s and they don't quite have the same shove at speed which would annoy me - overtaking on N-Roads kind of stuff. Similar in characteristics to the older 170s in that regard but the newer 184s/190s definitely have the edge.

190 Passats are rare enough but if the right 150 popped up a remap would get it to about 180/190 way.

I did notice though that with those engines the economy and driveability took a bit of a nose dive as the emissions hullabaloo took hold. Had there of them consecutively and each one was noticably weedier even allowing for a bit of extra weight each time.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,139 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

PaulKK wrote: »
    Anyone have one of these? What's the reliability like (2015/2016)? There seems to be a few around the dealers.

XE doesn't feel like a premium car imo. The interior feels low quality in some cheap looking plastics and if you do manage to find one with a decent spec, the leather seats tend to feel cheap. You will nearly buy a bigger XF for similar money.

• Advertisement

bazz26 wrote: »
    XE doesn't feel like a premium car imo. The interior feels low quality in some cheap looking plastics and if you do manage to find one with a decent spec, the leather seats tend to feel cheap. You will nearly buy a bigger XF for similar money.

And then you Google the engine...seems initial ones at least were troublesome.

Superb I had was the 190 and it pretty close performance wise to the vrs. Drove a few 150s and they don't quite have the same shove at speed which would annoy me - overtaking on N-Roads kind of stuff. Similar in characteristics to the older 170s in that regard but the newer 184s/190s definitely have the edge.

190 Passats are rare enough but if the right 150 popped up a remap would get it to about 180/190 way.

Yeah I'd agree. I'm too used to having 184-210hp , 150hp would be too much of a step back.

I've found the perfect Passat with 184hp. Perfect spec
    Just need to sell my VRS.

I've also found a new 330d , S60 D4 .

I would just trade mine in to a Irish delayed but can't find one well specced automatic

• Registered Users Posts: 51,139 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

There was a 2.0Tdi 240bhp bi-turbo Passat too but they are rare as hen's teeth here.

There was a 2.0Tdi 240bhp bi-turbo Passat too but they are rare as hen's teeth here.

I didn't know that....

Found one, this would be perfect but just a bit too expensive.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201901103819978?atmobcid=soc3

I didn't know that....

Found one, this would be perfect but just a bit too expensive.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201901103819978?atmobcid=soc3

€8700 vrt on that :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

I was thinking that might be the case.

They look 'ok' in pictures but haven't sat in one.

Just to keep the thread updated.

I didn't mention that we also sold my wife's car a couple of weeks ago. She was set on getting an ateca/3008 .

Thankfully I was able to talk her around to a Passat.

So I went to the UK this morning and picked up a 2018 Passat in grey GT 2.0 TDI DSG 184hp.

It has the panoramic sunroof & digital dash.

Really nice car im very impressed. We might need to buy a second one :-)

Managed Birmingham to Limerick in less than half a tank of diesel.

Only annoying thing I didn't check before leaving the dealers is app connect has not been enabled.

Anybody got an idea of cost from a Irish VW dealer ?.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Just to keep the thread updated.

I didn't mention that we also sold my wife's car a couple of weeks ago. She was set on getting an ateca/3008 .

Thankfully I was able to talk her around to a Passat.

So I went to the UK this morning and picked up a 2018 Passat in grey GT 2.0 TDI DSG 184hp.

It has the panoramic sunroof & digital dash.

Really nice car im very impressed. We might need to buy a second one :-)

Managed Birmingham to Limerick in less than half a tank of diesel.

Only annoying thing I didn't check before leaving the dealers is app connect has not been enabled.

Anybody got an idea of cost from a Irish VW dealer ?.
    Around 200 beans

Advertisement