Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tame Impala - 3 Arena 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Would anyone hazard a guess as to what time Tame Impala will take to the stage tomorrow night?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Le Bruise wrote: »
    Would anyone hazard a guess as to what time Tame Impala will take to the stage tomorrow night?

I assume that it would be around 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 choclate

beecee wrote: »

Are Mosa Wild actually on stage beforehand? Or do they come on stage with Tame Impala?
    If they are on beforehand, anyone have an idea of when they will start?
    It's been a long time since I have been to a concert so very out of touch! Getting very excited about going to Tame Impala :-).

• Registered Users Posts: 24 choclate

beecee wrote: »

Are Mosa Wild actually on stage beforehand? Or do they come on stage with Tame Impala?
    It's been a long time since I have been to a concert so very out of touch! Getting very excited about going to Tame Impala :-).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Le Bruise wrote: »

Saw this on reddit, from their UK gig last night, unsure how reliable it is - Mosa Wild 19:30-20:15 Tame Impala 20:45-23:00

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Noelmcgov28

choclate wrote: »

Mosa Wild will be on stage at 7:30-7:45.

Tame Impala will most likely start playing at 8:30 or 9 o clock or roughly in between.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Any idea of stage times?

Any idea of stage times?

Not a word yet from MCD or 3 arena. They are taking their time.

Any idea of stage times?

:: ð—§ð—”ð— ð—˜ ð—œð— ð—£ð—”ð—Ÿð—” ð—§ð—¢ð—¡ð—œð—šð—›ð—§ ::

18:30 - Doors Open
    19:45 - @MosaWild
    21:00 - @TameImpala

*All times subject to change. https://t.co/qDzWZD5wE3

Found this on twitter from the MCD Account

If there's any last min spare tickets for tonight let me know, just looking for the one :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭shamtastic

Great gig, really stunning visuals that complemented the music perfectly. Sound was clear even at the very back row of the balcony where I was! I love how the drums cut through live, it really improves many of the songs. Also a really good crowd, great atmosphere and everyone on their feet upstairs which rarely happens from my experience in same venue.

An awesome gig. Sound was spot on with the music and visuals/lights working perfectly together. As suggested above, the crowd were really up for it, which is great to see for a mid week gig! Would see them again in heartbeat!

Great gig. Sound was great the crowd were really into it. Kevin Parker comes across as a really down to earth guy. He said he'll be back soon. I hope he keeps his promise. Hope everyone else had a good time too 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭ongarite

Great gig, good crowd.
    Sound was top notch, no complaints from me in the seating balcony.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I enjoyed that. Got myself miffed that they didn't play a particular song and then realised I was thinking of Jagwar Ma

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Thoroughly enjoyed that. Elephant wouldn’t be my favourite single but the lights/visuals for it were outstanding

Funny thing I completely forgot "feels like we only go backwards" until he played it and it sent me crazy lol. I love how he involved the people in the seating area. He made sure they were noticed and it was a beautiful site watching from the standing area.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,665 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Great show. Best lights and lasers I have seen. Would put Pink Floyd to shame

• Registered Users Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Great gig. Loved it. Nice surprise hearing them play Led Zeppelin too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 359 ✭✭NeonWolf

If you went to a better gig than that this year you’re a liar .

****ing incredible.

Can’t believe they played led zeppelin too .

Only criticism is they should have played one or two more up tempo earlier songs . A wee bit slow in places.

Solitude is bliss, half full glass of wine and keep on lying would have really topped it off .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

How long did they play for? Setlist doesn't look that long.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Last night gig is up there with chic at the electric arena a few years ago for me
    Usually not a 3 arena fan but last night was incredible. Maybe it’s because I love every single song by them but it was brilliant last night. I was surrounded by total sounders too, think everyone there last night were total fans, no one had their phones out recording or chatting....he said he would be back alright, if he’s at ep I couldn’t care less if they announced a three day residency for picture this tbh!!!!

Visuals were amazing too

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

That was a fun gig. Not usually a fan of the 3 arena but with the top areas closed off it felt more intimate. They played all that you would expect. Would love to hear more from innerspekaer but that’s just a preference as it’s my favourite album of theirs. Elephant was truly epic. Great atmosphere and crowd which really made it. Come back soon Kevin

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Great gig, sound was perfect throughout and the lights and visuals were class

That's up there as one of my favorite gigs. Incredible. Agree with all previous comment; they sounded great, visuals were something else, never been to a gig with as good visuals as that. I loved the stop/starting of songs too, the shake up of elephant was class. Why Won't You Make Up Your Mind was a personal favorite, sounded so good live. 16 songs, which includes an interlude song and a cover was the only slight disappointment but obviously takes nothing away from the gig. I was standing near the back at first, the crowd there were only interesting in chatting and dancing, fair enough but it baffles me that people pay 70 odd quid to do that! The merch was cool too, €25 for a tshirt wasn't too bad actually. Kevin said he'll see us soon,hopefully, especially with a new album on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭hankless

Unreal gig. The audio visuals and the lasers are a show in themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

Their visuals for Elephant at Coachella were insane. I wonder were they the same for this gig? Was Kevin's face on the big screen with lasers coming out from his eyes?

Delighted to hear the gig was great. I couldn't make it up yesterday but caught them at Coachella. Pity they aren't lined up for EP.

keithkk16 wrote: »
    How long did they play for? Setlist doesn't look that long.

They came on around 9pm and played till around 10.30pm. All killer no filler as the young folk might say (back in the 90's).

Their visuals for Elephant at Coachella were insane. I wonder were they the same for this gig? Was Kevin's face on the big screen with lasers coming out from his eyes?

That's exactly what the visuals were. As Cornelius Crow mentioned above, Elephant wouldn't be my favourite song of theirs at all...but it was awesome live!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭hankless

...Pity they aren't lined up for EP.

I'd much rather see this as the arena tour, as a stand-alone in a purpose built arena, than in a field.

The lasers last night wouldn't have the same impact outdoors. Their last (and only) EP show was good because it was in the big tent, but they'd be main-stage material next time they play there, and it's roulette with the weather if the sound quality is spot on. At least indoors you're guaranteed the best of everything.

Advertisement