Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Galway Classic - Hell of the West

2»

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 20,685 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Macy0161 wrote: »
    Very tempted if I can get a pass!

My wife's birthday. I won't even try

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Any chance of a women's only race?

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭doiredoire

eeeee wrote: »
    Any chance of a women's only race?

We did look into running a women’s only race but ultimately decided against it as we felt we would not get sufficient numbers to make it viable.

To run this race takes over 120 people with 85 static marshals alone. We hope to run women’s only race in the future

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

doiredoire wrote: »
    We did look into running a women’s only race but ultimately decided against it as we felt we would not get sufficient numbers to make it viable.

To run this race takes over 120 people with 85 static marshals alone. We hope to run women’s only race in the future

Hi doiredoire, I understand the difficulties in running one, but the Women's Commission I think have a purse to support races, it's worth getting in touch with them now to see what they can offer you. There are huge numbers of women looking to race, after not a single road race for us last year (bar the nationals), and plenty of us that would travel to a women's only race! I have raced out that way before, always in a good sized bunch.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

doiredoire wrote: »

eeeee wrote: »
    Hi doiredoire, I understand the difficulties in running one, but the Women's Commission I think have a purse to support races, it's worth getting in touch with them now to see what they can offer you. There are huge numbers of women looking to race, after not a single road race for us last year (bar the nationals), and plenty of us that would travel to a women's only race! I have raced out that way before, always in a good sized bunch.

Possibly too late now but if you ran it straight after the A3 race, and ask the WC to cover Comms and maybe a follow ambulance, it would cover itself without increased marshals. One to think of for next year.

Advertisement