Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huawei Watch 2 Sport Smartwatch - Black £139.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Get the 4G version you should pick it up for around the same money. It's handy if you want to leave your mobile at home but still have a phone
    Thread on it over in the android forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Which thread is that drunkmonkey, would you post a link? I need to replace my ms band 2.
    Get the 4G version you should pick it up for around the same money. It's handy if you want to leave your mobile at home but still have a phone

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Some of the reviews on Amazon for the watch don't seem great.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭matzen

If you don't mind lag, it's a great smartwatch. I had it - hated the lag, so returned it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,637 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Which thread is that drunkmonkey, would you post a link? I need to replace my ms band 2.

might be my thread about wanting a smartwatch without needing a phone

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057936045

I love it, and it's great for:

- Going out on the town at night without needing my phone
    - Buying drinks / food without my phone
    - Keeping in contact with others via Whatsapp / Skype etc without phone
    - Playing spotify without phone
    - Controlling Alexa without phone

problem is battery life and also getting your SIM card in/out is tricky so it's pretty much a phone replacement (I don't need my camera when I go out)

It's a bit laggy alright, but I'm sticking with phone-less 4G watches going forward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭VUDuo2

I got one of these for my 12yr son (dont want him having full access to smart phone stuff yet), thought I'd try a 48.ie sim but it's not compatible - would you / anyone else know / recommend Sims that are compatible??

VUDuo2 wrote: »
    I got one of these for my 12yr son (dont want him having full access to smart phone stuff yet), thought I'd try a 48.ie sim but it's not compatible - would you / anyone else know / recommend Sims that are compatible??

I think it just needs a nano-SIM... 48 should be able to provide one?

mrcheez wrote: »
    I think it just needs a nano-SIM... 48 should be able to provide one?

Yeah, I spent a tenner put it in and it didn't work - should have contacted them 1st - they said their sims aren't compatible with the watch.
    I put the 48 sim into my own phone and it worked.

In the meantime, I put in my own eir sim and it works -
    cant stand dealing with eir, so now just looking to see if any other provider's sims are compatible with it... if I cant find an alternative then I'll go with eir

I'm with Three and it works fine. I'm on prepay.

mrcheez wrote: »
    I'm with Three and it works fine. I'm on prepay.

Thanks a million mrcheez !!

• Advertisement

So I tried a Virgin sim, they are not compatible (as they piggyback on another provider)

3 are compatible ( thanks mrcheez)

But went with Eir - works brilliantly -
    A lot of features: fitness stuff, google assistant, google music, etc etc

But for us parents we can contact my son via text/phone.

He loves it - 007 he thinks he is !!

There's a lot of room to improve, although this one is working well for me too, but I'm looking forward to where they take this in the next generation.

Advertisement