Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debt collection letter received

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,046 ✭✭✭✭neris

Ignore them and theyll eventually piss off. If you want to pay the money owed, pay it to the company you owe it to and dont give these parasites the satisfaction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Did you not get a receipt of payment ? Please answer this.

The only Inchicore I am aware of is in Dublin ?

I am struggling with your story to be honest.
    What's your particular interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭FledNanders

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Did you not get a receipt of payment ? Please answer this.

I am struggling with your story to be honest.

Can’t remember if I got a receipt. You get a lot of documentation handed to you when you hire a car.

My earlier point was that the address was very wrong on the correspondence. As above, the envelope had my name, some of my address, and Great Britain at the bottom (as opposed to Ireland).

I didn’t think the story was that complicated to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

IAMAMORON wrote:

He means the company in France mistook Ireland to be apart of Great Britain.

I mistake I have often encountered in the past but understandable as unless your well studied in world history, the average person probably doesn't know much about the history of most countries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

Did the letter come from a UK or Irish address?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Sign of the times by the looks of things. You avail of the service, you know how much it costs, you know how much you owe, you are contacted for payment and yet the first reaction is to ask randomers on the internet whether you should pay, and, the majority tell you not to.

Let’s hope there is such a thing as karma.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭FledNanders

Dav010 wrote: »
    Sign of the times by the looks of things. You avail of the service, you know how much it costs, you know how much you owe, you are contacted for payment and yet the first reaction is to ask randomers on the internet whether you should pay, and, the majority tell you not to.

Let’s hope there is such a thing as karma.

Isn’t one of the internet’s primary benefits to be able to ask many randomers about things you know little about?
    So, yes I guess it is a sign of the times.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Isn’t one of the internet’s primary benefits to be able to ask many randomers about things you know little about?
    So, yes I guess it is a sign of the times.

Yes it is a great source of information, but you already knew that you availed of a service which you haven’t paid for before you asked. What you are just asking if there is any consequence of not paying. Now you feel better after reading the majority of posts telling you not to pay. It wasn’t info you wanted, it was validation, a google search of debt collectors would show they have little leverage against a debtor.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Can’t remember if I got a receipt. You get a lot of documentation handed to you when you hire a car.

My earlier point was that the address was very wrong on the correspondence. As above, the envelope had my name, some of my address, and Great Britain at the bottom (as opposed to Ireland).

I didn’t think the story was that complicated to be honest

In all fairness the complexity of your story was not something I had a problem with.

If you can manage to locate your receipt you will have your proof of payment which will mean you do not have to pay the debt.

Given that Intrum don't have your proper address details they will fail to prove who you are, when push eventually comes to shove,they will have to drop it.

This entire item sounds extremely bizarre.

Advertisement