Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car parts stolen (catalytic converter)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,854 ✭✭✭enricoh

• Registered Users Posts: 2 elaine carruthers

Hi this happened to me this evening in Blanchardstown Shopping Centre carpark at TGI Fridays. Apparently it is a hot spot for it. I drive a Toyota Vitz and was told by the guards that they are targeting this model. I doubt there is CCTV there but I hope it doesn't happen to anybody else as it is horrible to discover. You know the second you turn your key in the ignition. The noise is so loud. I also noticed black piece on the ground as I reversed my car.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,750 ✭✭✭✭listermint

https://www.instagram....?igshid=kwhg7l5lhag4

Give you an idea of how fast it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

cats off the bigger cars can fetch up to 400 euro depending on who's buying, the reason so many Prius are being hit is because they're simple to take out, they're smaller so not worth as much but you can take them out a lot easier so they're in and gone in less than a few minutes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I thought it was because Toyotas use a different Medal in the cat that's worth more than otherwise cats.

• Advertisement
Advertisement