Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone else starting to become a bit excited?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Tango One

Trustswap at 540%

What is trustswap? Is uniswap the place to buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,250 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Tango One wrote: »
    What is trustswap? Is uniswap the place to buy.

https://trustswap.org/

Not even a white paper yet, interesting idea, but that's all it is for now

Didn't stop me trading it thou, closed out at 345% myself, would have been at 560% now.

Exchanges should be listed here

https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/swap-token#markets

Lend is on another run, is there a difference between ethlend and aave lend, was there some sort of token swap at some point or just a rebrand

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

the Zeus FUD has been linked to NEXO

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    the Zeus FUD has been linked to NEXO

Is that the shorting speculation? Seen something on twitter earlier its all looking super suspect now. Seems to have put the brakes on links charge thats for sure interesting to see what happens tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Just seen this on reddit does anyone use telegram?

"Antoni, Nexo Co-Founder posted via Telegram;

Hi there, I would like to address the fake news (aka "FUD" in crypto terms) that is seemingly making people jump into unreasonable conclusions.

The LINK fud report, which by the way I and the team also received on Friday and brought to the Sergey’s attention asap, is basically a cheap attempt at Chainlink’s and Nexo’s joint efforts and good work."

Full post is here:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Nexo/comments/htx8ng/comment/fyjkh80

Tl:dr Nexo claiming false flag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

jimmii wrote: »
    Just seen this on reddit does anyone use telegram?

Yes, telegram is very popular for support groups. Crypto.com support is on there also my IPTV provider support and status update channels

Yes, telegram is very popular for support groups. Crypto.com support is on there also my IPTV provider support and status update channels

Yeah I know telegram is pretty big was more asking if anyone could verify that was posted by Nexo!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭maninasia

Tango One wrote: »
    Lend is on another run, is there a difference between ethlend and aave lend, was there some sort of token swap at some point or just a rebrand

Just a rebrand, no swap.
    Lend is the governance token .

Lend and SNX still going great,

Thanks maninasia for pointing me in that direction.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Tezos is the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

Revolut had partnered with Paxos in recent days to bring a crypto offering to their US customer base.

So long as Paypal have a more reasonable crypto offering than Revolut, this is huge. I hate Paypal - but there's nothing not to like about their 300 million plus active users being exposed to crypto....and having direct access to it through a platform they trust and without having to undergo further KYC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

Revolut had partnered with Paxos in recent days to bring a crypto offering to their US customer base.

So long as Paypal have a more reasonable crypto offering than Revolut, this is huge. I hate Paypal - but there's nothing not to like about their 300 million plus active users being exposed to crypto....and having direct access to it through a platform they trust and without having to undergo further KYC.

It might provide opportunities in Defi to lend Paxos also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Arrival

As long as they allow people to physically buy tokens and transfer to their own private wallets and not more derivative bull**** like Revoluts

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Arrival wrote: »
    As long as they allow people to physically buy tokens and transfer to their own private wallets and not more derivative bull**** like Revoluts

I (genuinely) don’t know if I care TBH.

Of course I get what you mean and most of us here wouldn’t use this type of service. But if it brings new people into the space*, why not?

* and of course turns everyone on this thread into a member of the Irish Lambo owners’ association ;-)

Bob24 wrote: »
    I (genuinely) don’t know if I care TBH.

Of course I get what you mean and most of us here wouldn’t use this type of service. But if it brings new people into the space*, why not?

* and of course turns everyone on this thread into a member of the Irish Lambo owners’ association ;-)

Because those new people won't be contributing directly to the value if they're not able to physically buy the tokens as derivatives have no influence on the value since you're basically just buying an IOU linked to their value. Only actual exchanges should be used

Because those new people won't be contributing directly to the value if they're not able to physically buy the tokens as derivatives have no influence on the value since you're basically just buying an IOU linked to their value. Only actual exchanges should be used

Revolut's offering is a joke. However, Square Crypto / CashApp is the marker that has been thrown down in the 'States - so hopefully Paypal feel the need to match that offering - allowing the actual trading of crypto.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

So are there any cards currently available that actually allow you to transfer crypto ie. BTC or ETH from your own private wallet and make purchases at a converted fiat rate at that time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

ZeroThreat wrote: »
    So are there any cards currently available that actually allow you to transfer crypto ie. BTC or ETH from your own private wallet and make purchases at a converted fiat rate at that time?

Revolut, If you have crypto in your Revolut wallet, not private wallet. Does the exchange to fiat as you spend.

Visa only allows Fiat which is what Crypto.com say about their MCO card

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Stacked another load of sats there just now. Still expecting a massive breakout within 3 days, $500+. Gut says down (as it's crypto), but ya never know.

I know you don’t directly own the crypto with Revolut and can’t transfer it out, but as far as I know Revolut are working with Bitstamp and there is actual crypto being held by them to back what users are purchasing. See here: https://cryptonews.com/news/revolut-brings-crypto-without-private-keys-to-10m-users-6201.htm

And I’d say it would be hard to build a properly hedged Bitcoin derivative without holding at least some bitcoins and/or other cryptos, as Bitcoin’s correlation with other asset classes is a hit and miss.

Bob24 wrote: »
    I know you don’t directly own the crypto with Revolut and can’t transfer it out, but as far as I know Revolut are working with Bitstamp and there is actual crypto being held by them to back what users are purchasing. See here: https://cryptonews.com/news/revolut-brings-crypto-without-private-keys-to-10m-users-6201.htm

And I’d say it would be hard to build a properly hedged Bitcoin derivative without holding at least some bitcoins and/or other cryptos, as Bitcoin’s correlation with other asset classes is a hit and miss.

That's not so bad then, I hadn't seen that news. It'll just be better if/when they actually allow people to withdraw since that'd remove all doubt for anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Blowheads

Stacked another load of sats there just now. Still expecting a massive breakout within 3 days, $500+. Gut says down (as it's crypto), but ya never know.

What did you buy?

Blowheads wrote: »
    What did you buy?

I think InstaSte is going to be a bit put out by that question! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭el diablo

What did you buy?

He's a BTC maximalist.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 65,130 ✭✭✭✭unkel

el diablo wrote: »
    He's a BTC maximalist.

And the only way that BTC is ever going to hit new ATHs well above the ones from a few years ago, is if there will be more InstaStes. A lot more InstaStes. Millions and millions of them worldwide.

Which is well possible. If an entire generation of people will primarily put their money in BTC as their pension fund instead of traditional ones (which are now more than ever before prone to abuse from the establishment, like plain stealing of your pension like what happened in Ireland during the last recession or massive quantitative easing - the only way to pay for this current recession)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

How does Revolut compare to others for charges?

Green&Red wrote: »
    How does Revolut compare to others for charges?

They are acting as a closed broker (not as an exchange) with no possibility to withdraw any crypto (you can only sell your holdings back on their platform), which is different from most crypto services and not necessarily something more experienced people with crypto would be very interested in. So I guess you’d have to clarify what you mean by “others”, but in terms of fees it looks like the main concern is rather high spreads meaning it is fine to buy and hold, but not great if you are planning to trade a lot.

But really the most important thing if you use it is to make sure you understand you are getting into a closed platform from which you can’t withdraw any crypto. It might be fine for your needs (let’s say you are just planning to speculate on the price for a few months and then liquidate your position), but it it is rather restrictive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

What did you buy?

giphy.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement