Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know anything about trades?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 conorb56

I would have to agree with the Electrical choice and the subsequent possibilities.

I am that soldier! I was **** in school so no College for me. Then I got an apprenticeship and stuck at it, took opportunities where they came, got a job overseas, worked on offshore platforms, even studied to become an Engineer.

I have to say I have had a great journey, met great people, and made a tonne of money, and there are those who came from trades who went even higher than that!

All due respect to the Carpentry trade, but unless you open your own business, I can't see it making much money, and also the older you get, you may not be keen on being on the tools.

Just a thought!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Just an update he is now 9 months into the apprenticeship and loving it. He is chasing and wiring houses on his own some days.

Advertisement