Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New electric car rental service launching in Ireland

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Just PMd you it there

Pete, could you PM me too please.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Petetheroadie

n97 mini wrote: »
    Pete, could you PM me too please.

Sure, PM'd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭H.E. Pennypacker

Sure, PM'd.

Pete, would you mind sending it to me too please?

Pete, would you mind sending it to me too please?

Yep, done

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭spuddy

Used the service, spent 24 hours with a Model S, what a car!

Service:
    No complaints, uploaded docs, approval came through quickly. On picking up the Model S, the app did the job, no human interaction, very efficient. Locking / Unlocking while out and about was no issue, although you have to be physically close to the car for it to work. Car was immaculate inside and out. Only hassle was getting out of that carpark, go slowly, very, very slowly.

Car: my first time driving a Tesla (I have an i3)
    Pros: Performance is out of this world, will put a smile on your face like few others! Pretty on the eye, and still turns heads. 17" screen really has to be seen to be believed, fantastic to use, and look at, rear camera has great resolution. Seats have nearly too much adjustment, lots of support. Auto-pilot does indeed work and is both amazing and frightening in equal measure, you do really feel like you're in the future.

Cons: it's big (and you'll feel it from the word go in that carpark). While the car is planted and handles well through the bends, the steering lacks feel when centered, and I found it overly light in most situations for type / size of car. Interior quality is good, though doesn't quite hit the mark for something which costs 80k (despite that lovely big screen). Chrome 'highlights' around mirrors look well but constantly reflect off street lights when driving at night. All of the above are minor niggles on an otherwise impressive package though.

If you haven't guessed already, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

@Petetheroadie, thanks again for the referral code, worked a treat. As a member of the club, I can also provide them, but to be fair, as Petetheroadie was in there first, contact me only if you can't get him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

I'd be very interested in referral code if any are still going

I'd be very interested in referral code if any are still going

Pm me your phone number and I'll send you an invite through the UFODrive app to get the discount

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭_dof_

Don't think that's working. I sent referrals to 2 people in the app and neither got anything, I asked in the chat in the app and was told the referral system isn't working. This was a couple of weeks ago though, so maybe it's fixed now.

_dof_ wrote: »
    Don't think that's working. I sent referrals to 2 people in the app and neither got anything, I asked in the chat in the app and was told the referral system isn't working. This was a couple of weeks ago though, so maybe it's fixed now.

That's sorted now. It's working fine for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭Miscreant

Looks like the mileage allowance has dropped again. It was 600km recently, but you only get 500km for a 3 day rental now so it has been halved from the 1050 (350km per day) it used to be in May when I rented..... Bit more restrictive now but you can pay for more of an allowance so at least you get the option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭mike_2009

Yep,
    They've dropped the milleage as follows:
    1 Day - 200 KMs
    2 Days - 350 KMs
    3 Days - 500 KMs
    4 Days - 650 KMs
    5 Days - 800 KMs
    I've done two trips of about 550KM - one over 1 day and one over two days, I must have shocked them as one car only had 800km on it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭Miscreant

mike_2009 wrote: »
    Yep,
    They've dropped the milleage as follows:
    1 Day - 200 miles
    2 Days - 350 miles
    3 Days - 500 miles
    4 Days - 650 miles
    5 Days - 800 miles
    I've done two trips of about 550KM - one over 1 day and one over two days, I must have shocked them as one car only had 800km on it!!

I'm guessing the Miles above actually means Kilometres :)
    I could get to Galway on 200 miles but not 200km. My rental trip was 220kms on the first day as I was going wayyyyyy out to Connemara. I dropped back the car with 600km on the clock from a 3 day trip in May so I would have to pay for the extra 100km if renting today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭lau1247

Pm me your phone number and I'll send you an invite through the UFODrive app to get the discount

Pete, can you PM me an invite also. Thanks.

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

lau1247 wrote: »
    Pete, can you PM me an invite also. Thanks.

Done 👠let me know how you get on

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Enrico Palazzo

Pete, could I get an invite from you?

Pete, could I get an invite from you?

Sure, send me a PM with your phone number and I'll send you an invite through the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭DriveSkill

Has there been a significant jump in prices for the Model3 ? All the weekends now seem to be €168+ per day even weeks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,031 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

DriveSkill wrote: »
    Has there been a significant jump in prices for the Model3 ? All the weekends now seem to be €168+ per day even weeks in advance.

Yes. It was €99/day when I booked back in August-ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭BigAl81

Hi there,

I don't suppose anyone has a discount code for these guys by any chance :)

Thanks,
    Al.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

How viable is it renting out these cars that can do large mileage for virtually nothing fuel cost wise ? How much will each car lose in depreciation for every thousand km done ? Would they not be better off with one hundred km free and then charge extra per km ?

People would still rent them for the day and drive a lot , but not go as far as they do ...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

Idbatterim wrote: »
    How viable is it renting out these cars that can do large mileage for virtually nothing fuel cost wise ? How much will each cat lose in depreciation for every thousand km done ? Would they not be better off with one hundred km free and then charge extra per km ?

People would still rent them for the day and drive a lot , but not go as far as they do ...

That's pretty much what they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭CFC007

Sent you a PM
    BigAl81 wrote: »
    Hi there,

I don't suppose anyone has a discount code for these guys by any chance :)

Thanks,
    Al.

Advertisement