Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SUSI entitlements while cohabiting

Options
  • 30-03-2019 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello, I will be heading into my final year of a Degree Programme in September this year. I have been receiving SUSI tuition fees while house sharing. In the past two months I needed to move out of my house due a lot of reasons and I am currently in temporary accomodation in my new partner's house. My partner's ex husband pays the mortgage so I cannot stay permanently at the address. Will I still be entitled to SUSI tuition fees for next year or will I be seen as cohabiting. I am on Back to Education Allowance at the moment and my partner is on no social welfare payment. My partner has two of her own children and earns €400 per month from minding children at home. Her ex husband pays the mortgage and €300 per month child maintenance for their two children. Will my partner's income affect my tuition fees from SUSI please? Many Thanks for your help in advance, Peter.

Advertisement