Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster vs Zebre, Sat 23rd March 7:45pm; Live on ES1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,778 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Jaysus that was a monster hit on Sweetnam. They Zebre ruck over and steal the ball. Second or third time they've successful stolen Munster ball on the deck.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,184 ✭✭✭✭Buer

I see JJH declined my advice...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Toland refusing to criticise players, Haley’s knock on was inexcusable and now JJ with an awful grubber.

He’s sitting there assuming a Munster bounce back is coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

If JJ has to start next week, we're screwed.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Bill Johnston is the winner so far. JJ has done little to justify his extension.

• Advertisement

Zebre a mile offside in defence a few times.

Zebre are starting to give away a lot of penalties.

I think JJH trying to bounce the ball to himself as he waited to kick to touch and spilling it sums up his showing thus far.

Jesus, JJ missed that grubber it was technically a knock on.

Munster make good yardage off a 22 lineout. Generate quick ball and they go wide to the backs. JJ gets it, shapes to kick and misses the ball.

• Advertisement

Zebre messing at rucks, deliberately slowing it down the whole time. Playing the ref well.

Munster play loose, go wide to the touchline, winger gets pushed out further and offloads to nobody. Zebre intercept it and win 70 metres from what could've been a try conceded.

Munster aren't playing poorly, but they're making bad decisions in Zebre's 22.

Clear Munster penalty.

Good turnover steal from Zebre from what was a promising Munster attack.

Toland is wrong that the Zebre player wasn't supporting his own weight. He went down to his elbows, but by then he had already been latched on to the ball for a second or two. Enough time for a penalty to go his way.

Clegg wrote: »
    Good turnover steal from Zebre from what was a promising Munster attack.

Toland is wrong that the Zebre player wasn't supporting his own weight. He went down to his elbows, but by then he had already been latched on to the ball for a second or two. Enough time for a penalty to go his way.

Erra Toland is watching a different game entirely. He couldn’t see why Stander was pinged just there. He’s basically sat there delighted Zebre have a head start to be chased down.

Munster seem to be coming up hard outside to cut off the midfield attack but Zebre have repeatedly just checked back inside. The inside defence isn't working across quickly enough to shut that door. Or the carrier just pulls it back and Munster look iffy when it goes wide and there is loads of space.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,845 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I think all provinces will agree Toland is a dreadful analyst.

I love Alby but that's absolute bull**** from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭eigrod

Zebre did the very same thing in previous penalty but he didn’t reverse that???????

That's just braindead from Alby

• Advertisement

Munster win a turnover penalty but Mathewson runs in after its awarded, pushes over a Zebre player to get the ball and the referee reverses it.

Zebre missed the pen. But that's two very lockable pens they've missed. They could be 18-0 up. Munsters discipline is letting them down.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,845 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Something is giving Alby the mist.

I wonder what that might be?

Canna makes those kicks and the game is over IMO.

Canna makes those kicks and the game is over IMO.
    Against a good team, sure. Munster could score 30 points in the last quarter here though.

Perfect opportunity to score a try at a critical moment. Score here and I'd fancy a comfortable BP for Munster still.

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Something is giving Alby the mist.

I wonder what that might be?

What?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

eigrod wrote: »
    Zebre did the very same thing in previous penalty but he didn’t reverse that???????

No they didn't. He was very clearly trying to get the ball on the previous penalty. The two of them were already tangled up and he was trying to stand up.

This one was just a brain-dead rush of blood

Zebre should have a bigger lead but for bad kicking

Whew. Huge score.

Pro commentator Liam Toland -
    "This is the I dont know, maybe the 6th entry to the 22?

Left his pen at home

• Advertisement

Pro commentator Liam Toland -
    "This is the I dont know, maybe the 6th entry to the 22?

Left his pen at home

Hey. He needs that pen and paper for useless ramblings about JJ not actually collecting game relevant data.

Advertisement