Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Queries take.two. **! Mod-note in post#1288

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

MOD: Thread moved to Travel Forum where better responses will be available. Please read the charter before posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭chinwag

Processing of online passport applications will resume next week

https://www.thejournal.ie/passport-office-applications-5114161-Jun2020/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭sillysocks

The journal.ie are reporting that online applications are due to resume processing from nextMonday.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭yenom

Dodge wrote: »
    Most staff in balbriggan were redeployed to the Department of Social Protection to work on the pandemic unemployment payment.

The advice is to apply online if you can, and not bother with other methods if you can’t

All staff in Cork were doing welfare work too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Donie75

I applied for a straightforward passport renewal through the online system on Tuesday at 3:15pm and it arrived in the post at 9am this morning. To say I am impressed with the quick turnaround is an understatement. Took a few goes to get the photo to accept but I think the background colour/shade has to be of uniform colour and have no shadows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭fdevine

Contrary to the reports in the media yesterday, online applications & renewals are being processed

I applied for a renewal on 18th May & received my passport on 29th

If the application is complicated by a requirement for further documents to be submitted the application will likely be delayed.

Having the DIY photo approved was the biggest hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

A clear illustration here of why never to believe what you read in the papers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Donie75

I applied for a straightforward passport renewal through the online system on Tuesday at 3:15pm and it arrived in the post at 9am this morning. To say I am impressed with the quick turnaround is an understatement. Took a few goes to get the photo to accept but I think the background colour/shade has to be of uniform colour and have no shadows.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭chinwag

Donie75 wrote: »
    Took a few goes to get the photo to accept but I think the background colour/shade has to be of uniform colour and have no shadows.
    Did you do it all using your phone?

Looks like you did.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I did it back in February (pre Covid) and from hitting submit to passport being posted through my letterbox took 23 hours and 45 minutes. Granted now it might take a little longer, but still...

Stunning service they have now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

For simple renewals its consistently 1 business day turnaround.

Recent renewal, complete online at 2020 Sunday, arrived Tuesday 0830.

So respect to the DFA and An Post for probably providing the most efficent passport service in the world, a huge step from the mess and delays in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭sillysocks

A current update if anyone is wondering. I applied last Friday night online (using my phone to apply and for photos which was very simple!) and the passport arrived today (Thursday). 4 working days so doesn’t seem to be any knock on delays. Great service!

Now if I could just go on holidays :(

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭edwardkiley

Hi
    I was just wondering if anyone else is experiencing bad delays.
    I got a confirmation email on the 6th of may from the dfa for a standard passport renewal

Still nothing received yet.
    when I go to tracking it says the estimated issue date is the 19/05/2020 and my application is being processed.
    Does anyone know if there is a problem here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

I applied on the 11th of April and only got it on Friday. I'd say yours will be with you shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,653 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Hi
    I was just wondering if anyone else is experiencing bad delays.
    I got a confirmation email on the 6th of may from the dfa for a standard passport renewal

Still nothing received yet.
    when I go to tracking it says the estimated issue date is the 19/05/2020 and my application is being processed.
    Does anyone know if there is a problem here?

I wouldn't think the usual estimated issue date will be accurate under the circumstances. Their site says below so would imagine they're processing applications by date submitted while office was closed. If you need it for travel soon you could contact them to check on it. If not may be another few weeks.

''The Passport Service has resumed the processing of online applications in line with Phase 2 of the Government Roadmap. Please bear with us as we process the many online applications that have been received while our offices have been closed. ''

I applied on the 11th of April and only got it on Friday. I'd say yours will be with you shortly.

encouraging to hear this.
    I was just concerned as other people here who applied only just recently have recieved quicker than me some how.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,291 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

encouraging to hear this.
    I was just concerned as other people here who applied only just recently have recieved quicker than me some how.

Did you apply online for your renewal?

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Dublin Mum

Sent my daughter’s renewal application the end of March. Needed to post the parental consent form so the tracker had constantly said “further documentation needed”. Since Tuesday estimated date was 22nd June, however was surprised to see on Friday it’s already been posted.

Dublin Mum wrote: »
    Sent my daughter’s renewal application the end of March. Needed to post the parental consent form so the tracker had constantly said “further documentation needed”. Since Tuesday estimated date was 22nd June, however was surprised to see on Friday it’s already been posted.

It's waiting for someone to look at the consent section. The adult ones go through faster as they don't need this.

salmocab wrote: »
    Did you apply online for your renewal?

ye

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Applied 29 May, was posted 19 June

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Gmaximum

I submitted an online application yesteday and it was posted today! There's hope.....

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭leonlafrite

For simple renewal it seems to be but we applied for 2 kids on June 8th and June 9th
    Estimated date 24/06/2020
    ... still no news... anyone else in this situation? The lack of real visibility on potential date is driving me mad ... will have to cancel ferries tickets soon ...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,653 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

For simple renewal it seems to be but we applied for 2 kids on June 8th and June 9th
    ... still no news... anyone else in this situation? The lack of real visibility on potential date is driving me mad ... will have to cancel ferries tickets soon ...

I'd say give them a shout. If you have a travel date they might be able to do something

Eod100 wrote: »
    I'd say give them a shout. If you have a travel date they might be able to do something

Hi Eod100 - I will wait till tomorrow and will reach out to them then - thank you

They are waiting for the consent form to come in, then for the post to be opened, then for the formed to be scanned on and then for someone to check it. I would contact them.

just checked - and both are at printing status now :-) soo happy...
    how long before they are posted usually at that stage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

Usually the next day.

Thank you - cannot wait :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 alinusyaxn

Thank you - cannot wait :-)

Did you get it today ? My kids is at printing stage from today and we are travelling soon, so I'd love to know how long your postage took as perhaps we need to reschedule the travel.

Advertisement