Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Queries take.two. **! Mod-note in post#1288

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭More Music

Have out of date passport - issued more than 15 years ago, so considered first time applicant.

How recent must the proof of address/name documents be? Everything is online so I don't have any recent original bills or original goverenment correspondance.

Anything recent can only be printed. Nothing on DFA to say what is acceptable date of documentation.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭LapsypaCork

It must be recent i.e within the last 6 months, must be original, as far as I’m aware, copies or printouts won’t be accepted

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Cookiee

We printed all our bills for proof of address since everything is online these days, it's not a problem (for first time passport)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Hi all. In a major quandary in regards to my passport. I looked at it yesterday, and it expired in June. Problem is, we've got a holiday booked for the 25th of this month!! How quickly should I be able to get a new passport? Even a passport card will do?? Needless to say, herself is livid!! MIL has paid for the holiday too. I have applied online for a passport book and card, but when I went to pay for them, the link wouldn't work?

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Book an appointment at the public counter in one of the offices. Bring your proof of travel. They should be able to accommodate you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Have you a link for the offices?

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Applying at the counter will take all the guessing out of it. You'll have peace of mind.

https://urgentpassportappointment.dfa.ie/location

• Registered Users Posts: 10,184 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

I know that the adult renewal service has become very efficient and speedy but this is ridiculous.

i applied online at just before noon yesterday; passport pops into letterbox before 9am this morning.

who ever designed and implemented the process needs to get a contract for broader e-government initiatives.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Theyoungfella

Really that quick? I noticed my passport was out since August thought it was January and am booking to travel January so noticed it was out. Applied last night at 730pm should I expect it this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,011 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

• Advertisement

That's uncharacteristically slow for a renewal at this time of year

Only went onto the tracker today at 7.05am saying estimate is 5th of December.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Darren 83

My daughter’s passport is out on the 17th of February 24 but are going to Disneyland on the 3rd for four days. Will it be ok or should I get it renewed?

It's fine. Just needs to be in date for France.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kalell81

First passport for my son is currently showing as issue date Thursday 4th Jan 2024. We are travelling on Monday 8th Jan. I believe I can request pickup rather than posting once it goes to print but does anyone have a sense of how accurate the estimates are at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 3,264 ✭✭✭wassie

I don't think they are accurate in the least. Here's my time frames based on recent experience.

• I submitted 2 online child passport renewals on Fri 01/12. Supporting docs posted same day.
    • Acknowledgement confirming receipt of supporting documents was published Tue 05/12 & Wed 06/12 respectively.
    • Tracking was not updated until following week, whereby the estimated issuance dates were 28/12 & 29/12 (i.e. 15 days as per published turnaround times)
    • Received passports in the mail last Thursday 14/12 & Friday 15/12 with no notifications.

Note that renewals are more straight forward than a first time passport. But the tracking estimates for both passports seemed to be auto-generated based on published turnaround frames (15 days on receipt of all information) rather than actual progression of the applications.

Hopefully you get a similar experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kalell81

Thanks for this. Hopefully they are ahead of timeliness on the new ones too in that case

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭jace_da_face

Applied for my online adult renewal on Dec 27 (late at night). Received my passport in the post this morning, 8 days later. In that time there were was a weekend and 2 bank holidays. What kind of sorcery is this?

Post edited by jace_da_face on

People on here have had renewals in less than 24 hours so I'm afraid you're a bit off the record 😉

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭jonny_b

Can I ask if this arrived before issue date? My son's first passport estimated issue date is tomorrow. Still shows as being processed online.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 mammy2two

Completed my online renewal on 24th Jan in afternoon Tracker says will be issued on the 8th February. We are flying on the 8th. Not sure if I should just wait it out or try to contact them? I forgot completely to renew it when ran out end of December and we are going to UK for unexpected funeral. Experience here makes me very hopeful that I’ll have it in time. Hate not having a passport in date. Note to self to always renew before other passport expires!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 magdalenakobito

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭jonny_b

Hi, yes the issue date was 31st Jan. It updated to printing later that day, it was stuck on being processed for over 3 weeks. It was delivered the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 CC_rules

Hi gang. I applied for a renewal passport Jan 6th. I live abroad. The passport was posted from Ireland to my country of residence on Jan 18th. Still no sign of it today, Feb 6th. Last tracked leaving center in Dublin on Jan 18th.

This is quite overdue now at this point. Will need the new passport by mid-March so I will need to think about getting a new copy issued very soon if I am to recieve it in time.

Can´t find this issue in the FAQ, and can´t find any email address to contact. Any pointer would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

It depends on the destination country. For Australia, it has taken over 25 days after it left Dublin. When contacted the passport office over webchat about it, it was mentioned to wait for 6 weeks before raise an issue.

Also, do update the current status and also your destination country, so that it might give a lead to people in the same boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭magoo84

It seems An Post delivered my new passport card to the wrong house. The passport office aren't arsed as they just washed their hands of it and referred me to An Post, when it was they who I paid the money to. An Post are looking into it, but not sure how quickly these things are resolved. Really not happy with an important document sitting in someone else's house, and am not sure what to do next. Any advice appreciated, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,264 ✭✭✭wassie

Do you know if the correct address details provided to An Post? If so then it probably is up to An Post to resolve.

If not, have a word with your local TD and ask if they can follow up. They will have access to contacts with the passports office that can look into this further and escalate the issue if required.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭magoo84

The address is correct because I ordered both a passport book and card, and I received the book. According to Peadár Tóibín of Aontú, An Post have lost over 500 passports since 2020, so it's more commonplace than you'd think:

https://iradio.ie/up-to-500-irish-passports-misplaced-during-delivery-since-2020/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

I renewed two kids passports and they received the supporting documents on 24th Jan. Got a notification on Saturday that one is on hold until we send in our marriage cert, the other one was delivered yesterday.

Not sure why they need the marriage cert for one and not the other.

Advertisement