Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Queries take.two. **! Mod-note in post#1288

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Prospector1989

Seems to be luck of the draw. Some people getting in advance of dates, our little ones estimated date is tomorrow. Been at the same stage as yours since late March.

The progress bar on ours is more or less full, assuming it will be tomorrow, which leads me to believe it's just a countdown to the estimated date. Fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭sibersha

We are in a nearly identical situation to yourself, our estimated date is 3rd of May and we are due to fly on the 7th.

As previous poster said, it is very much luck of the draw, some are getting theirs later and some earlier.

You can contact them and they will note your travel dates, which may speed up the process but I'm not sure how much difference it makes. Some have contacted their local TDs which I think I will do if the passport is not here by the end of the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 kbrown795

Help!!

I leave for a very important trip on Saturday. My infant's passport was estimated 13th April 2022 but there is still no sign of it.

I have rang and got through twice and they made note of my travel date but there is still no sign of the paspsort.

It has just been siting at processing stage.

Do all witnesses get contacted? Ours hasnt been yet.

Has anyone else been in the same boat? Anyone get theirs last minute? Any advice?

Talking to someone on the chat there (our tracker is showing today as the date). Advised to contact on 27th and ask to expedite as:

"On the system your estimated issue date is on the 26/4, and I can see the tracker is showing 21/04, however, the date on the system is the correct one. That was why I said you should check back on the 27/04"

We're flying on the 29th. Fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭LapsypaCork

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭markc1184

Our young lads application has gone from 21/4 to 10/5 after having to send in a new birth cert. Hopefully it gets sorted this time.

Following on from this. I got on to someone this morning (I'm like a dog with a bone). And they have "created an escalation" on the application. Very helpful person. Fingers crossed this gets things moving.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 bindyboo

That sounds positive, it's great when you get someone helpful. Please keep us posted! I need some hopeful stories!!

Did anyone receive their child's birth cert back before the passport?

One of our applications is in processing stage and we've just received the birth cert in the post (with a coffee mug stain on it) but no communication for passport office...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

We just got our sons birthcert back yesterday, first time passport.

Applied late January, on april 12th got an email for a new photo, sent it in. The estimated due date was changed from 22april to 28th of April.

No sign of actual passport yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Cookiee

Not a child, but yes my partner (first time adult passport) received his brithcert and other supporting documents back BEFORE the passport came, he received docs back in middle of February and then passport actually came late March (also got no communication from them as to why they sent documents back first, no cover letter or anything just sent them back)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 rwalshie

Just to share my experience - first time application for child's passport with estimated due date of 25/04 has been dispatched this evening. Supporting documents received 8th March. Tried everything to push it through faster as we were due to fly today and travel dates not taken into account at all. Really gutted as holiday was to celebrate a big birthday and plans now ruined. 😕

• Registered Users Posts: 2 kbrown795

Is there no way you could even book another flight out? And keep your existing flights back and accommodation?

They received my docs in Feb and I also tried everything to get mine pushed along. It's is not over a week and 1/2after the estimated date and we fight tomorrow....Guess that isn't happening either :-(

Sorry to hear about your experiences guys. We still have a sliver of hope with our flights on Friday, if it looks like it might be a day or two late we'll see about rescheduling the flights but hard to know.

Were you guys able to get your application escalated?

We were to fly from Shannon and limited days of the week for flights plus with 2 smallies we couldn't be going on a 7am flight so restricted that way.

Wouldn't escalate as it hadn't passed the estimated due date so there might be a slight chance if it was passed it that they might escalate.

Waiting and hoping for an update today. Got talking to someone again who was helpful but couldn't give any details of when it might be issued. Said she's noted the urgency on the application again. Good luck anyone else in a similar scenario!

Also, having read in here about people contacting their TDs, I took a chance and contacted one of my local TDs, responded straight away with a form for me to fill out so that they could submit a query on my behalf. Nothing ventured.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭MissElle

First time baby’s passport was dispatched last night - pleasantly surprised as tracker had been stuck in processing for 6 weeks. We hadn’t booked any flights but I really feel for people who just missed out! I hadn’t tried to contact them either, was going to on Thursday if no update

Timeline: Submitted on 7th Feb - documents received 16th Feb - application processing on 14th March - shipped 24th April and estimated arrival date was 26th April.

Do the simple renewals still have a really quick turnaround does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,055 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

• Advertisement

No updates on ours yet. Still in daily contact with them. Flights on Friday morning. What I'm getting off them is that our application has been escalated and is in the priority queue. This queue is ordered by date of travel. I've been told it should be being worked on or close to it. Next stage is printing and despatch.

I asked about picking it up from the passport office and was told they're not allowing that. Was advised if you have the tracking number you can arrange collection with An Post (and I have confirmed this with An Post).

Have everything crossed for you, it is so stressful. But it is positive that you can arrange collection with An Post, that saves a day waiting. Hoping to get onto priority list but i am still at the 'processing - verifying docs' - did you stay at this stage for long?

Thanks bindyboo. Yes very stressful.

For the first month, our application wasn't showing up on the tracker (but I had confirmed it had been received). Once it went 'live' it was in "Processing application - Your application is being processed". This hasn't changed for the last 5 weeks. Apparently they're reluctant (or unable) to escalate the application until the estimated date has passed.

Luck of the draw when you contact them if the person is in any way helpful as well. I'm on to them that often I've had a bit of luck.

Best of luck with yours!

So we sent our two Daughters off at the same time, our eldest's application has just gone printing (estimated due date was the 28th April) so we are just waiting on our youngest's now, her estimated date is the 3r'd of May, we are due to fly on the 7th of May. So hopefully that one goes printing early too.

Fingers crossed sibersha. Shows the lack of consistency as well, yours gone to printing with due date of Thursday. Ours was due last Thursday (or today according to their internal system). And still not printing.

My issue is that I'm flying before the estimated due date so hopefully just shear persistence will get it moved. I have done the TD thing too, not sure if that helps. I was well within the 35 days applying ( 30 now if you count the announcement that the turn around will be quicker....)

I do think persistence helps. Keep at them.

Today is working day 40 for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Rightplace2016

Hi all. I know most people here looking for first time application. But for those with children's renewal, it's down as 15 working days and that was estimated tracker states. However we applied on 12th April and it's printing now with estimated date of 10 may. Not bad considering easter in middle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

Submitted a child renewal and a first passport on jan27th

Supporting docs received early Feb.

Got the renewal early April.

Baby's first passport gone to print this evening. His tracker had been pushed back from April 22nd to April 28th on the 12th of april when I got an email rejecting his photo, resubmitted the photo an hour later.

Delighted his new photo has been accepted, great craic trying to get it right( he is five months old, was 2 months old when we took the first photo).

I'll need a new hobby now, been checking the passport tracker, this thread and the passport offices Twitter daily........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭samo

Exactly the same here for child as renewal, (same dates!) I had thought it would be a bit quicker with the 15 days turnaround and travelling end of May, so hoping works out ok.

Advertisement