Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milan San-Remo

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,046 ✭✭✭✭neris

Eamonnator wrote: »
    Told you so.

Think alan got it by a nose

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

neris wrote: »
    Think alan got it by a nose

chateau

28th place for Bennett, he was in the chasing group 27'' back with the other sprinters. Nico was also in that group.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭harringtonp

He can't really have any complaints with the speed they went up the Poggio, not a day for the pure sprinters

• Registered Users Posts: 5,829 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Good ol Roywobo Haiyiatchio managed to find some extra syllables in MelannOH SanRREYmOH!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭harringtonp

Even though I sort of expect it, it continually surprises me how the Irish/UK sports media report cycling. Attached screenshot taken at 19:30 today

And as Sam was winning Giro stages last year I was watching out in the Sunday Times during and after it but nothing ever appeared... plenty of stuff on Sky and substance abuse though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭coco0981

Even though I sort of expect it, it continually surprises me how the Irish/UK sports media report cycling. Attached screenshot taken at 19:30 today

And as Sam was winning Giro stages last year I was watching out in the Sunday Times during and after it but nothing ever appeared... plenty of stuff on Sky and substance abuse though

Unfortunately the reality is that pro-cycling is a niche sport nowadays. To the average person it only exists for the 3 weeks of the Tour Dear France

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Sunday Times is a British newspaper though that do a once a week Sunday edition.

Shane Stokes had daily updates on the Giro for the Irish Times.

For the BBC its always going to be focused on the British Riders, Olympics, Team Sky, Tour de Yorkshire and Prudential ride.

I definitely recall the BBC reporting on Paris Nice last weekend, a Yates brother was in the running so might have been why. Didn't catch the sports news on there this evening so not sure if they covered todays race.

Advertisement