Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Stadia

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭somebody_else

I have the same feeling.

Been fighting with damn GeforceNow for last two days.

I've added Steam, Epic games and I think gog but when I select game I have in Epic that damn thing opens Steam and if I have game on Steam it opend Epic ffs!.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Do you mean xcloud?

On an android box the best way to do it is to install the edge browser. Seems to wok that way for me on a shield. You can then use the stadia controller to play (wired)

The stadia controller wont work through the app - its not recognised.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

It's Game Pass Ultimate that I've got bundled with my mobile phone subscription now, if that is the same as xcloud?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

• Registered Users Posts: 10,358 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I think Samsung tvs have gamepass app now, so that might be of use?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭wassie

Wired article from a few days ago with latest updated on refund process. Nothing really new but worth keeping an eye on as they will update the article when more information as it comes to hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Just got my round of refund emails from Google so hopefully the money will be returned soon. Nice little bump before Christmas

Got my refund. Forgot I was with KBC when I purchased. Google says to contact bank... Dosey dose.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Kerry_2008

I know its a bit off topic but, what are people switching to? I had 2 stadias and the last console I bought was a PS3. I really only play FIFA NKA and PGA. Whats the difference between the x and s versions of X Box?

S is cheaper. Smaller drive space. Doesn't do 4k. Has same library of games though. I have an s, it's perfect for me. It's silent, and gamepass is an amazing deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,765 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Since Amazon Luna isn't out here, and looks in trouble now Amazon fired loads of it's staff. The only option if you don't own a bunch of PC games (geforce now) is Microsoft X Cloud.

You can play it on your phone, on a browser, or on a console.

The Series S is digital only so no disk drive. And the hard drive is small. 256gb.

But if you just want it for streaming or downloading 3-5 games at a time. Then it's a great little yoke. The benefit of being able to download the game too means you can also access the non cloud streaming library which is bigger. Plus if it's in a sitting room it has netflix and Disney too.

I've the series X, and an S, and I don't really notice that much of a difference, at least not to warrant the 300 price difference.

I got a refurbished S on Amazon with FIFA 23 for 240. So if you take off the cost of the game that's the console for about €180. Hard to argue with that.

They usually have a first month for €1 promo for game pass ultimate. And there is a trick to buy 3 years of the old game pass (you can buy codes from online sites cheaply and stack them that makes much cheaper). And then when you sign up to ultimate for the €1 it converts it 1:1 to ultimate for 3 years.

https://www.reddit.com/r/xbox/comments/nqnz26/a_comprehensive_guide_on_how_to_get_game_pass/

• Registered Users Posts: 27,839 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Ah so it is. That's a bit more room. But it still fills fast.

Depends on the type of gamer you are. I tend to play 1 thing at a time, I have I think 5 games installed at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eggy81

Really is such a shame this is going. Was playing online fifa for hours last night. Not as much as a stutter. It’s absolutely perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭feargantae

Received the first lot of refunds today. €50 to my Google Play balance for Cyberpunk even though I bought it with a (now expired) card! Worst thing is it expires on the 3rd of December!

What the feck Google

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Looks like I've a refund against everything I think I bought so far, except Stadia Pro and the initial Founders pack.

I was hoping they had changed their minds on refunding Pro, that would have been a nice €260 I could do with!

A nice bonus was they have refunded me for the 8 months of Ubisoft Plus that I bought too :)

None of the refunds have showed up in my current account or credit card yet though!

Anyone else waiting on their founder edition refund?

Similar - received all my refunds except for 3x Premiere Edition purchases.

I got emails for two refunds for games but both to an old card. I've updated my card details so hopefully next ones go to that.

• Advertisement

Yep, to my Gmail account, which I don't actively check, so spotted 2 days after the mails.

Hopefully that's painless for you anyway, can imagine there'd be quite a few people in the same circumstance as you!

either updating the payment method or Ulster bank just got the refunds but they landed in my account today. That's just the games. I've a founders edition and about 4 of the €12 controller/chromecast bundles to get refunded too.

In the FAQ they mentioned that Founders pack are required to be returned to Google.

Yeah, refunds seem to have landed in my current account and credit card around midnight last night.

Just waiting in the Founders edition refund now!

Don't think I bought any other hardware anyway, but you never know haha 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭farreca

All I could find about the hardware in the FAQ was this

Q: Do I have to return my hardware to get a refund?

A: In most cases, you will not need to return hardware purchased from the Google Store to obtain a refund. The following hardware is eligible for a refund: the Stadia Controller, Founder's Edition, Premiere Edition, and Play and Watch with Google TV packages. Proof of the device may be required to process a refund in some cases.

I read FAQ some time ago and I'm sure they mentioned Founder editions has to be returned.

It isn't there in FAQ anymore - my bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Got my €60 refund today for the Goggle Stadia Premiere Edition that included Cyberpunk 2077 back in October 2021.

Due to my not-so-fast broadband, it never worked properly, I got some use out of the Chromecast. Never expected to get my money back, but I bought a Steam Deck a few weeks ago which is great, so my refund will be quite happily spent on some Steam games very soon (including Cyberpunk which is now only €30).

So long Stadia, thanks for the (very few) memories.

Followed your lead - Xbox game pass looking like an good option for those that prefer streaming. 3yrs of streaming can be had for roughly a tenner a month all in, but is paid upfront.

• Xbox Series S can be had for €230 inc controller at Smyths at the moment.
    • 3yr Game Pass Ultimate (inc library access) can be gotten for approx €120 (see thread).

Series S makes for a good streaming console, but only 2K @ 120fps (no 4K unfortunately). Can also play on other devices (PC/Phone/Tablet) and Samsung TVs from 2022 onwards have an app. Logitech G Cloud handheld console is due for release (currently available in the US) which will support game pass.

Some lucky folk in UK in getting refunds on Pro in error.

• Advertisement

Maybe they were testing refunding Pro, if people made enough of a fuss.

But, collectively we're all just too sad to protest :(

Advertisement