Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chocolate milk

Options
  • 18-03-2019 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭

I usually have chocolate after a gym session.What are your thoughts.Is it any use?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

I know someone who drank that mooju chocolate milk all the time and they were diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. They go to the gym btw

• Registered Users Posts: 24,554 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

fire_man wrote: »
    I usually have chocolate after a gym session.What are your thoughts.Is it any use?

What do you expect it to do?

Could be worse, could be better. Your results won't be determined by the chocolate milk you drink after the gym.

I know someone who drank that mooju chocolate milk all the time and they were diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. They go to the gym btw

How much is 'all the time'?

Once a day and it's not the chocolate milk that's the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Those chocolate milks are so full of sugar(free sugar) and it's perfect if your after doing a 2-3 hour cardio session. The sugar will replenish glycogen stores. A weight session would probably not be enough, as we generally have 90 minutes worth of glycogen stores in our body.

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭fire_man

Thanks for replies.What would you recommend straight after gym session or run?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Whey protein, or a proper meal depending on type and intensity of session

Nothing really needs to be 'straight after'. Is there anything eaten after the gym session?

Advertisement