Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€3 Stena sailings for walk-ons

Options
  • 15-03-2019 7:39pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭

sailebrate-top-banner-roi-100.jpg?mw=638&hash=DE69201B6CB4AFB22F34AC88DBC9E60C8958C456

Its back again but with a little inflation. Book @ StenaLine.ie
    The St. Patrick’s Day offer is back! Follow the rainbow all the way to the good-as-gold €3 foot fare deal. Walk away with a €3 single fare from Dublin to Holyhead, Rosslare to Fishguard or direct to France from Rosslare to Cherbourg when you book by 23.00hrs on 17 March.

Have a great St. Patrick’s Day but hurry up as there is limited availability per sailing. Save a pot of gold as you sailebrate for just €3 each way!

WHATS THE DEAL?
    €3 single fare
    Limited availability per sailing
    Available on the Dublin to Holyhead, Rosslare to Fishguard and Rosslare to Cherbourg routes
    Travel up to 18 December 2019*
    Book by 23.00hrs 17 March

Last years thread is here.

Full T&C's:
    The Stena Line Terms of Business together with these special conditions apply to all bookings and travel:

€3 offer applies to new online single foot passenger fares.
    There is limited availability per sailing.
    Offer can only be booked online via the www.stenaline.ie, .co.uk and .fr websites.
    No amendments or refunds can be made.
    Valid for travel from Dublin to Holyhead and Rosslare to Fishguard from 17 March until 18 December 2019.
    Valid for travel from Rosslare to Cherbourg from 1 April to 31 May and 10 September to 18 December 2019.
    Book a minimum of 48hrs in advance and by 23.00hrs on 17 March 2019.
    Not valid in conjunction with any other offer, discount or promotion including Tesco Clubcard Boost tokens.
    Any discounts or points given are based on the fare before applying any fees and dues.
    Subject to availability.
    Terms and conditions apply.
    Stena Line reserves the right to withdraw or change this offer at any time.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,152 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Booked, a few hours in Wales, how bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,787 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Mushy wrote: »

If it's Holyhead, pretty bad.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭GIMP

Mushy wrote: »

Went last year on this offer, pleasant enough experience over and back on ferry.
    Tbh Hollyhead is fairly miserable, people unfriendly, very little to see or do and few places to eat.

Weather was nice though.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,152 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

loyatemu wrote: »

Walked into that one. Holyhead is a hole so will get the train out of there asap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,774 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Where 'pebble-dash' goes to die.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Bangor is about 30 mins by train and a decent town to spend an evening in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Can someone tell me can i add the lounge later or do i need to add it when booking. I’m not 100% sure of dates so will probably book both dates so would rather not pay for two lots of lounge and instead add it later when dates are confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Kevcol

Possible to get to Oakwood from here?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,052 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Rosslare to cherbourg in may for 2ppl thurs - sun for 32€, including the reclining chairs, cant go wrong with that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭recyclops

Used it to get over to Manchester for the quarter final. Saved 40 euro on sail and rail.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

GIMP wrote: »
    Went last year on this offer, pleasant enough experience over and back on ferry.
    Tbh Hollyhead is fairly miserable, people unfriendly, very little to see or do and few places to eat.

Weather was nice though.

There is a McDonalds there now!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭GIMP

There is a McDonalds there now!!!!!

Great, gonna book me tickets immediately to avail of that experience :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭uli84

Missed it (i mean day/time) I needed and I genuinely need to go booo :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

The duty free will be on the UK boats hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭positron

Would it be cheeky to turn up on a bike with this €3 ticket? From searching here, Stena would load up the bike into a van and give it back at the other end, but I wonder if they would in this case as well?.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

As a foot passenger, there's only so much booze you could carry!

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭ExoPolitic

Booked a trip to Holyhead to get to Porthmadog for camping, a trip to Chebourg with a hotel, and a trip to Fishguard to get to Aberyswyth for camping :D

Total; 28 euro for all of the ferry travel...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭mossy464

recyclops wrote: »
    Used it to get over to Manchester for the quarter final. Saved 40 euro on sail and rail.

Looking to do the same did you book a train separately then? Thinking of the 8am over on the Wednesday morning and the 2:30 am that night to get back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

retalivity wrote: »
    Rosslare to cherbourg in may for 2ppl thurs - sun for 32€, including the reclining chairs, cant go wrong with that!

Thinking of doing this too for easter, wondering if anyone has any ideas where would be good to head to for the weekend once we get to france? (will probably rent a car)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 aflossj

positron wrote: »
    Would it be cheeky to turn up on a bike with this €3 ticket? From searching here, Stena would load up the bike into a van and give it back at the other end, but I wonder if they would in this case as well?.

Also interested as to how it would work with a bike, site says you have to book it in as a vehicle. I guess you can't have a load of bikes lying around the place.

Someone mentioned in last years thread about using this deal for a cycling trip if I remember correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

No, the status quo will remain irregardless of what happens.

https://www.thejournal.ie/duty-free-brexit-4514601-Feb2019/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Bought 6 of them. Going to head over and back with the lads on a pissup. Looking forward to it already.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭vectorvictor

Bought 6 of them. Going to head over and back with the lads on a pissup. Looking forward to it already.

Did this a few years ago. Great day out - just don't peak too early it's a long day.

There's a nice kip of a pub across the road from Holyhead port which does surprisingly decent grub and half nothing beers and pitchers.

Depending on how long you have there you can get a few rounds in and a couple of games of pool with some cheesy 80s jukebox background music.

The chipper on the way back does a mean chip butty.

Wasn't far of needing to be carried off the ship on the way home and don't think we actually drank more than a token beer on the way home. Cracking day out - enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Public transport to and from Dublin Port for early and late night sailings seems poor unfortunately - anyone have any experience? (even the 8.10am sailing to Holyhead is tight, first bus only arrives to there after 7.30)

Looking at the map on Google I'm surprised they didn't just extend the Luas Red Line out to there. Bus once an hour is pathetic for a main port. And coming back? Last bus leaves the port at 7.30pm!! Madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Tzardine wrote: »
    Bangor is about 30 mins by train and a decent town to spend an evening in.

indeed it is ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭gussieg

Public transport to and from Dublin Port for early and late night sailings seems poor unfortunately - anyone have any experience? (even the 8.10am sailing to Holyhead is tight, first bus only arrives to there after 7.30)

Looking at the map on Google I'm surprised they didn't just extend the Luas Red Line out to there. Bus once an hour is pathetic for a main port. And coming back? Last bus leaves the port at 7.30pm!! Madness.

I brought me folding bike in the bus then scooted along the quays with the other morning bikers, on the way back I got a lift from a lovely lady but was prepared to cycle back to town

• Registered Users Posts: 14,787 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

they were hardly going to extend the Luas another 2km for the sake of a handful of ferries each day, with a handful of foot passengers on each.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

they were hardly going to extend the Luas another 2km for the sake of a handful of ferries each day, with a handful of foot passengers on each.

Thinking into the future, with the hope of increased passenger numbers and increased usage of public transport - maybe not worth it to them perhaps. Either way, the public transport connections currently are shamefully bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Vic_08

There is little demand to/from the port outside of ferry sailings, extending Luas would be ridiculous.

Mortons coaches run shuttle buses for both Stena Line and Irish Ferries.

The Dublin Bus 53 service is a local route not a ferry connection, there is no guarantee of it connecting and it won't wait for incoming ferry passengers either. Also there is no stop near the Stena Terminal.

There is no shuttle bus for the 02.15 departure or 23.45 arrival Stena services.

The Irish Ferries 02.00 and 14.30 from Dublin, 08.15 and 20.15 from Holyhead don't take foot passengers so no connection for these either.

Advertisement