Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2Euro ferry Dublin to Holyhead (4euro RTN)

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Dunno why folk are only using this offer for day tripping. Anglesey has superb coast and the Welsh have had the good sense to develop a path along its entirety.

I used this offer to book a long weekend for a group of us (managed to get 11 €2 fares each-way even though it said it was limited to 10) with the intention of doing a few days walking the Anglesey Coastal Path.

We've used this offer to do the Pembrokeshire Coastal Path the past few years and I'm looking forward to digging my heels into Anglesey now!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

True, plus you have Snowdonia. I intend to have a look on the day trip and then consider a longer trip later. But for us here, there is still quite a nagging doubt about forward planning a longer trip in a climate exactly like ours.

Travelling without cars, I think this deal is really only useful for visiting the areas local to Holyhead and Fishguard, as trips to more distant locations still work out cheaper and more flexible using sail/rail and sail/bus.

However, you could use it to save on motorist fares if taking a car with passengers by booking the passengers on with the €2 deal and the car with just the driver.

As for planning ahead due to the climate, speaking from plenty of experience, Pembrokeshire is reliable enough. Have had many more fine days there than dud days over multiple trips various times of the year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

Quackster wrote: »
    Dunno why folk are only using this offer for day tripping. Anglesey has superb coast and the Welsh have had the good sense to develop a path along its entirety.

I used this offer to book a long weekend for a group of us (managed to get 11 €2 fares each-way even though it said it was limited to 10) with the intention of doing a few days walking the Anglesey Coastal Path.

We've used this offer to do the Pembrokeshire Coastal Path the past few years and I'm looking forward to digging my heels into Anglesey now!
    You're gonna need damn good weather for this not to be miserable, gonna be expensive, probably more so than flying to spain.

I've 10 mins left to checkout just for a day trip and I still can't make up my mind whether to book it or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,926 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Kuva wrote: »
    You're gonna need damn good weather for this not to be miserable, gonna be expensive, probably more so than flying to spain.

I've 10 mins left to checkout just for a day trip and I still can't make up my mind whether to book it or not.

It's 4 quid!!!

Go on, splash the cash:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    It's 4 quid!!!

Go on, splash the cash:D

Something went wrong and I'm back at 15mins, reading back over the last few years of this offer, works out around €200 for the day.

Hurray - thanks OP!

Booked tickets for two dates we have sailing races back from Wales - gives me cheap options for getting there without having to take leave from work :D

Stupidly (it being nearly 5am) I didn't realise I didn't have to book a return when booking the first one, so if anyone wants a ticket from Holyhead to Dublin on 12/5 on the 2030 sailing, you're more than welcome to it!

Typical - the one time I manage to bag myself a bargain way over to HH for the race, and a few weeks later the marina got demolished in Storm Emma :eek:

So now I have ferry tickets, but no race, so no use for them.

I've posted this in the Travel forum as well, but if the return ticket is of any use to someone who read this thread and didn't book, you're more than welcome to it!

Out - 0215hrs Sat 12th May, arr 0545
    Back - 2030hrs Sat 12th May, arr 2345

So basically a (very long) day trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Prefect_1998

would love these if posible?
    Typical - the one time I manage to bag myself a bargain way over to HH for the race, and a few weeks later the marina got demolished in Storm Emma :eek:

So now I have ferry tickets, but no race, so no use for them.

I've posted this in the Travel forum as well, but if the return ticket is of any use to someone who read this thread and didn't book, you're more than welcome to it!

Out - 0215hrs Sat 12th May, arr 0545
    Back - 2030hrs Sat 12th May, arr 2345

So basically a (very long) day trip.

would love these if posible?
    I received this reply on my other thread

"If these are the Patricks day €2 each way fares then they aren't transferable. I tried to give my ones away last year but I rang them before hand just to see if they were but they told me they weren't and that the names on the ticket must be travelling and because it's a promo ticket they can't be amended.

Now they might end up letting someone else through on the day but tbh I don't think it'd be worth risking."

So looks like they're not transferrable.

And 2.15am is an awfully antisocial hour to be getting up only to find you're not let onto the ferry!! :eek:

But you're welcome to them if you want to risk it.

I received this reply on my other thread

"If these are the Patricks day €2 each way fares then they aren't transferable. I tried to give my ones away last year but I rang them before hand just to see if they were but they told me they weren't and that the names on the ticket must be travelling and because it's a promo ticket they can't be amended.

Now they might end up letting someone else through on the day but tbh I don't think it'd be worth risking."

So looks like they're not transferrable.

And 2.15am is an awfully antisocial hour to be getting up only to find you're not let onto the ferry!! :eek:

But you're welcome to them if you want to risk it.

I've never had any problem amending the passenger names on these promo tickets by logging into my account on the Stena website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

I have 2 of these for Tuesday 22nd May that I can no longer use if anyone wants them

I've checked the etickets mailed to me, and there's no option to amend the name on the ticket.

So looks like I'll just have to write them off (to the tune of €4, boo hoo!).

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I've checked the etickets mailed to me, and there's no option to amend the name on the ticket.

So looks like I'll just have to write them off (to the tune of €4, boo hoo!).

Heidi, I know someone you can call to get that money back AND close down the ferry if you want? ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement