Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WW Live Game - The Experiment SIGNUP

Options
  • 15-03-2019 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭

Hello and welcome all

a1152223190_10.jpg

This is the signup thread for our newest Werewolf game, the experiment.

The experiment will take place on one of the 29/30th March, 5/6th April, 12/13th April or 19/20th April, applicants are requested to select which date suits best in their application. (Dates subject to brexit game too)

Note that this experiment will have a number of complex variables so may not be suitable for players new to the game.

We expect the experiment to take 4-6hrs to run to completion.

Applications to enter the test may be posted below, anyone interested in partaking as a researcher (i.e. help me mod) should apply [url=https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/private.php?do=newpm&u=682760/[/URL]here[/url]

There are currently 12 positions allocated to players but this may change, and participants are advised to signup even if all places are full as dropouts happen.

1. Green & Red
    2. Kolido
    3. Necro
    4. QB
    5. Teddy Daniels
    6. sKeith
    7. Fixxxer
    8. Whiplashy
    9. Strawberry Milkshake

Dead Room:
    Clarabel

Note this game is significantly more complex that a normal game, steps will be taken to ensure it is not too daunting for anyone but you will still need a good working knowledge of the game and roles.

*edit* Dates changed

Date for the Game 5 votes

28th/29th March
    40% 2 votes
    5/6th April
    20% 1 vote
    12/13th April
    20% 1 vote
    19/20th April
    20% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I'll sign up for the 5/6 April but I'm out if its the previous week

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Sound job, I need to stress this will be significantly more complex than normal games due to the nature of how its set up, you should be fine and the roles will be quite simple as we haven't done anything like it here before

And it'll just be the Friday or the Saturday, the game won't span both

Oh my daughter showed me The Experiment as part of her psychology course.

It's nothing to do with the movie I didn't know existed but it looks like an interesting watch

Thanks Pter <3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I don’t understand anything about this. How long does game last? How much time are we expected to put in?

Drumpot wrote: »
    I don’t understand anything about this. How long does game last? How much time are we expected to put in?

Sorry I'm trying to keep the wording thematic, the game will last about 4-6hrs depending, same effort as a regular game but it's played across one night instead of one week

G&R I've just put up a poll for the dates with another two weekends behind if they suit you any better

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Sorry I'm trying to keep the wording thematic, the game will last about 4-6hrs depending, same effort as a regular game but it's played across one night instead of one week

Hmm. So I’d need 5-6 hours in maybe a Friday or Saturday night? Like 6-12? Is it like I’d really need to be online for all 6 hours or will delays in responses/posting be fine? (Once I’m not offline for hours)

Sorry to be so pedantic, I dont want to sign up to something if I can’t really be commit.

G&R I've just put up a poll for the dates with another two weekends behind if they suit you any better

See that, April 5/6 is the only date that suits me, pre wedding course the following weekend and stag the following weekend

• Advertisement

Drumpot wrote: »
    Hmm. So I’d need 5-6 hours in maybe a Friday or Saturday night? Like 6-12? Is it like I’d really need to be online for all 6 hours or will delays in responses/posting be fine? (Once I’m not offline for hours)

Sorry to be so pedantic, I dont want to sign up to something if I can’t really be commit.

You wouldn't have to be glued to the screen, 6-12 is probably about the timeframe yeah.

I think the last couple of live games have had 30 minutes between munch and lynch, and 15 minutes between lynch and munch, so you can definitely take short breaks now and then, if you would have no access to the game for 30 minutes or more it might get a little sticky but other than that you should be okay to drop in and out every few mins. We'd normally take a 30 minute break around 8.30 or 9 as well as people do need a break

I finish at 2pm Fridays so if it suits the group we can start earlier and have longer phases or take an extra or longer break in play

• Registered Users Posts: 13,360 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Probably wont make the first date but could do any of the others. Tentatively in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

May I watch from the dead room?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

Wedding and honeymoon rule me out of the first 3 dates, if its the last one 19/20 I'll be in but otherwise I'm not risking an early divorce :D

Jesus yere all getting married, congrats and good luck Duffman and G&R

duffman13 wrote: »
    Wedding and honeymoon rule me out of the first 3 dates, if its the last one 19/20 I'll be in but otherwise I'm not risking an early divorce :D

Good luck with that. Where’s the HM?

Jesus yere all getting married, congrats and good luck Duffman and G&R

It’s the new black

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Well I'm a silly billy, accidentally voted for the first date on the phone when I'm knee deep in interview prep! Stupid phone :o

Would be available the 5th/6th, depending on the FG beers going ahead of course.

I suppose I could play from my phone but might not be the best company!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

Green&Red wrote: »
    Good luck with that. Where’s the HM?

Maldives, I cannot wait :D Feck the wedding!

I’m so jealous!

Where you going, G&R?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

In. Second two dates are the dates we’re proposing to put to the forum as possible long game starts so if possible can we not have this clashing with it.

I’m so jealous!

Where you going, G&R?

Backpacking (ish) for a month in Columbia next Christmas, can’t feckin wait

quickbeam wrote: »
    In. Second two dates are the dates we’re proposing to put to the forum as possible long game starts so if possible can we not have this clashing with it.

Yep, I didn't look at the greater forum as this month is the only one that suits me until the summer but this won't clash with beers or the main monthly game! I'll suspend it if so

*edit* Half read, ye do what suits and I'll reschedule around ye if needs be

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Yep, I didn't look at the greater forum as this month is the only one that suits me until the summer but this won't clash with beers or the main monthly game! I'll suspend it if so

*edit* Half read, ye do what suits and I'll reschedule around ye if needs be

We haven’t confirmed yet but we’re going to offer the 14th or 21st as options.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Teddy Daniels

Hello and welcome all

a1152223190_10.jpg

The experiment will take place on one of the 29/30th March, 5/6th April, 12/13th April or 19/20th April, applicants are requested to select which date suits best in their application. (Dates subject to brexit game too)

Note that this experiment will have a number of complex variables so may not be suitable for players new to the game.

We expect the experiment to take 4-6hrs to run to completion.

Applications to enter the test may be posted below, anyone interested in partaking as a researcher (i.e. help me mod) should apply [url=https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/private.php?do=newpm&u=682760/[/URL]here[/url]

There are currently 12 positions allocated to players but this may change, and participants are advised to signup even if all places are full as dropouts happen.

1. Green & Red
    2. Kolido
    3. Necro
    4. QB

Dead Room:
    Clarabel

Note this game is significantly more complex that a normal game, steps will be taken to ensure it is not too daunting for anyone but you will still need a good working knowledge of the game and roles.

*edit* Dates changed

Is it anon or non anon ? I assume anon as I am familiar with the material. Can I shock someone I don’t know ?

Is it anon or non anon ? I assume anon as I am familiar with the material. Can I shock someone I don’t know ?

Its anon, there is no material the game is just named the experiment and I dunno what you mean but sure go on :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Teddy Daniels

Its anon, there is no material the game is just named the experiment and I dunno what you mean but sure go on :p

I would like to be part of this experiment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

(Dates subject to brexit game too)

Brexit was cancelled ;) so dosn't need to be considered anymore.

Sign me up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I'll take part. If it starts at 6 then the date doesn't matter to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

Sign me up :) I can’t do the 13th April but any of the rest of the dates are fine.

Advertisement