Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What childish things do you still enjoy?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

I buy myself the occasional Kinder Surprise. They're not as good as they were years ago but sometimes you get something good in them.

I like the odd cartoon. I watched this on Netflix a while ago and thought it was great.

bf4c5d14c6f1621730cf2940c6d8f6e55e0ed9ac.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 37,962 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Billy roll

Still eat it weekly love the stuff don't knw what it's made off but delicious

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Collecting everything and anything to do with Jurassic Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

The odd morning i catch an episode of Shaun The Sheep. Whether your 7 or 77 it's worth a watch. Guaranteed to rise a chuckle or 2. The old lady with the handbag is priceless and the 3 pigs should be shot into space along with the cat - evil bastids!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Noo

The odd morning i catch an episode of Shaun The Sheep. Whether your 7 or 77 it's worth a watch. Guaranteed to rise a chuckle or 2. The old lady with the handbag is priceless and the 3 pigs should be shot into space along with the cat - evil bastids!!

The odd morning? I binge that shìt on Netflix like there's no tomorrow. Massively underrated.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

Not that I enjoy it but I noticed a while ago that the first thing I do when I go over to my mam's house is check the fridge to see if they have any 'good' stuff in it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,105 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Soft boiled egg mashed in a mug , with salt and pepper a knob of butter mixed together with breadcrumbs .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Baybay

I still eat my ice cream with a small spoon, the big spoon makes it go too fast. Memories of my mother giving me the bowl with the small spoon when i was only a small lad come flooding back without fail every single time

There really is no better way to eat ice cream. Mums just know.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,171 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Lego, I have tons of the stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

If no-one is around I run up the stairs on all fours.

I'm a sucker for Disney films as well.

I was scared of the dark as a kid so I reach into a room and turn on the light before I'd step in. Fear is gone, habit remains!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,734 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

dip dabs

• Registered Users Posts: 23,563 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Liga

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

Cornflakes with hot milk. (Occasionally.) I know...I know..
    Talking to sheep, cows or donkeys in the fields as I walk past.
    Puting Vicks on me if I feel sick. Even if it's not relevant to the sickness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

Water slides
    Cushion forts
    Ball pools
    Bear in the big blue house crisps

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

Gerry Anderson TV progs :

Thunderbirds, Joe 90, Captain Scarlet, UFO, and Space 1999.

I still enjoy looking at them, even though I know each episode off by heart now.

Thunderbirds are GO! and Spectrum is Green. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

If no-one is around I run up the stairs on all fours.

Its called beast-mode, fastest way to climb some stairs.

If I'm walking around my house and nobodys round, put out my hand, make "thwip" sounds and pretend I'm Spiderman swinging along.

Also cartoons...Avatar:TLA and the 90's Batman would bate the s***e out of most modern TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,846 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Soft boiled egg mashed in a mug , with salt and pepper a knob of butter mixed together with breadcrumbs .

A slice of toast , made on the top of the cooker/stove . Happy memories :)

Fuzzy felt , and coloring books . Were always a childhood go to , now still as enjoyable !

Hide & Go Seek

I regularly play it in work, with my boss, when deadlines are approaching.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭StreetLight

Ger Roe wrote: »
    Gerry Anderson TV progs :

Thunderbirds, Joe 90, Captain Scarlet, UFO, and Space 1999.

I still enjoy looking at them, even though I know each episode off by heart now.

Thunderbirds are GO! and Spectrum is Green. :)

Loving the re-run of Space 1999 currently on Forces TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Making race car noises with the trolley in the supermarket.
    A little mean but sometimes still laugh if someone falls, so I guess laughing at inappropriate things. I wouldn't let them see me laughing :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Might watch the occasional cartoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Last September for the first time in my 46 yrs i had a session in a bouncy castle. Mighty craic. Something I've yet to try is a trampoline. Passed a garden this evening and they had one sunk down into the ground. No fear of it flying off in a storm.
    No kids here in case ye're wondering why I haven't done these things long ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

As a kid I use to hind behind doors & cupboards, waiting patiently for what felt like hours to give a family member a fright by jumping out at them. Still do it now although I usually now get a few digs for my efforts

Cartoon t-shirts, pj's and undies. I have WonderWoman pj's and I do the twirl before launching myself on the bed. I feel it's important to embrace the character.

I've got Barbie 'days of the week' undies and sometimes I wear the ones with the wrong days on so I challenge the accepted wisdom regarding the space/time continuum.

I named my toes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Noo

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    Making race car noises with the trolley in the supermarket.
    A little mean but sometimes still laugh if someone falls, so I guess laughing at inappropriate things. I wouldn't let them see me laughing :)

Last year I went to an inflatable water slide park, absolutely as much fun as it sounds. Anyway there was this slide where you had to do a run up first, then jump on, arms stretched out in front and slide on your belly. 4 or 5 slides together so you can race your friends. There was a group of young ladies going before us and of course the largest lady in the group falls over during her run up while all her friends slide away. I felt so so bad for her, but my god it was torture trying to hold in the laughter, I had to turn away. I'm not one to generally laugh at strangers misfortune because it could easily happen to anyone. But holy **** it was funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,736 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Still watch cartoons now and then. YouTube is a goldmine for the 80s classics like Mask, Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors, Transformers etc
    Transformers Prime (came out a few years back) is well worth a watch. A darker and more mature take on the series, but with enough lines and references to the original 80s cartoon for us old timers.

Still say "Wheee!" whenever I put the foot down to accelerate rapidly in the car (get a nice roar from the engine and it goes very nicely - 3 litre diesel will do that though!)

Still rotate my cereals as I get bored of them. This week it's Wheatabix but think I'll go for Frosties or Crunchy Nut again next.

I think it's good to enjoy things like that sometimes. Modern adult life and work is busy and stressful enough that it helps to forget about it for a while sometimes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10 Charlenesully

Candie wrote: »
    Cartoon t-shirts, pj's and undies. I have WonderWoman pj's and I do the twirl before launching myself on the bed. I feel it's important to embrace the character.

I've got Barbie 'days of the week' undies and sometimes I wear the ones with the wrong days on so I challenge the accepted wisdom regarding the space/time continuum.

I named my toes.

A grown woman wearing kids undies, that is not one bit fcuked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,698 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

A grown woman wearing kids undies, that is not one bit fcuked up.

She never said they were kids undies. Adults can get themed undies too you know.

I say fair play to her. I want some too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

I go crazy for bubble wrap, I can't resist the stuff! Every time I am in a quiet park I have to go on the swings. I'm more than a little dismayed that my considerable bottom makes it an uncomfortable fit but it doesn't stop me.

• Advertisement

Creating a poo thread once in while

Advertisement