Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

The Day Shall Come

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,524 ✭✭✭✭ dreamers75

Trailer

:D:D

Also entire movie in the trailer and most importantly boards.ie search fcuking worked!!!!

Autecher wrote: »
    . I was a bit disappointed with Four Lions but that's probably because I was expecting too much,

4 Lions was brilliant but probably not a feature movie, more of a continuation of Morris version of satire.

The laugh out loud moments in his stuff are never quite proper gags ie the bleach scene :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 Autecher

dreamers75 wrote: »
    4 Lions was brilliant but probably not a feature movie, more of a continuation of Morris version of satire.

The laugh out loud moments in his stuff are never quite proper gags ie the bleach scene :D
    I watched it again after I made this thread and liked more than I did in the cinema. Four Lions isn't really a cinema movie, for me at least. I'll probably feel the same when I see this one.

Autecher wrote: »
    I watched it again after I made this thread and liked more than I did in the cinema. Four Lions isn't really a cinema movie, for me at least. I'll probably feel the same when I see this one.

yeah probably right I dont think his stuff is Movie/Cinema type stuff but by going to see it in the cinema I support Morris making more of anything really :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,029 ✭✭✭ Hande hoche!

Will make the effort to catch this in the cinema. Similar rationale as above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭ steve_r

Really interesting interview with Chris Morris on his new film and the role of satire.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 10,553 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Fysh

I finally caught this last night at the cinema, and while it was enjoyable I was mildly disappointed with it - mainly because it feels a bit like 2 different films mushed together, with a tone that doesn't quite work. The inter-agency pissing match dialogue is generally very funny in a The Thick Of It sort of way, but that meshes poorly with Moses' story (which is basically mentally-ill-black-man-gets-stitched-up). I suspect it's partly because, given the USA context of the film, Morris probably couldn't just make a film that had as purely a British sensibility as Four Lions.

As with others in this thread I'm glad I caught it because Morris is an excellent satirist, but I think this will be viewed as a minor work. Ah well, here's to the next one.

Advertisement