Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone want to take my gym membership with West Wood gym Aston quay Dublin 2.

Options
  • 07-03-2019 9:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I'm currently a member of West Wood gym Aston quay, it is a great place with fantastic facilities and I would not be leaving for any reason other than the fact I am moving to the US for work placement with my college. I thought that i could just cancel my gym subscription when I was leaving but it turns out that I am on a 12 month contract and the only way I can get out of it is by finding somebody to take my membership. If you are interested this would mean you would have no signing on fee and you would just pay 54 euro per month until your contract runs out next January. The gyms facilities include a large weights training area, treadmills, stretching zones, hourly fitness classes and a swimming pool. If you're interested let me know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭sunshinew

Hey, do you think they'd allow a transfer to Westwood in leopardstown? I was looking to join there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 jkls10

I'm not sure but I will ask for you. Seeing as its the same chain of gyms it shouldn't be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Dubdude

jkls10 wrote: »
    I'm currently a member of West Wood gym Aston quay, it is a great place with fantastic facilities and I would not be leaving for any reason other than the fact I am moving to the US for work placement with my college. I thought that i could just cancel my gym subscription when I was leaving but it turns out that I am on a 12 month contract and the only way I can get out of it is by finding somebody to take my membership. If you are interested this would mean you would have no signing on fee and you would just pay 54 euro per month until your contract runs out next January. The gyms facilities include a large weights training area, treadmills, stretching zones, hourly fitness classes and a swimming pool. If you're interested let me know.

You should be able to cancel the membership even if it comes to paying a penalty for cancelling early, if not and you don't want to keep paying the remainder of the contract just cancel the direct debit with your bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭sunshinew

Cool, sure let me know!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 jkls10

I talked to the sales rep yesterday and he told me that you would be able to do it however, you would need to come to the gym in Aston quay so that I can basically give you my membership and he can do all of the paperwork for us. I go nearly everyday during the week and will not be gone to America until the start of April so if you are still interested I could meet you at the gym one evening and you can get your membership for out in Leopardstown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Kruno

Still available?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

I was with energie fitness and just canceled the direct debit from my AIB app. Haven't heard from them since. Can you not just cancel the direct debit?

Advertisement