Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creatine

Options
  • 06-03-2019 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,814 ✭✭✭✭

started taking it today before i worked out

I work out with weights 3/4 times a week along with 100/150 push ups for 4 days a week

It says take 3 in the morning and 3 in the afternoon, do i need too take it days i dont work out ???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,554 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

PTH2009 wrote: »
    started taking it today before i worked out

I work out with weights 3/4 times a week along with 100/150 push ups for 4 days a week

It says take 3 in the morning and 3 in the afternoon, do i need too take it days i dont work out ???

Taking it in tablet form?

Either way, you can just take it continuously. It's not something you just take on training days. You want to maximise muscle creatine stores. No need to load up at the start either. Good dead in it here from last few days:

https://www.strongerbyscience.com/creatine/

• Registered Users Posts: 37,814 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Taking it in tablet form?

Either way, you can just take it continuously. It's not something you just take on training days. You want to maximise muscle creatine stores. No need to load up at the start either. Good dead in it here from last few days:

https://www.strongerbyscience.com/creatine/

yeah tablet form

worried about the weight gain side effect ive read up on cause it was something i suffered badly from taking tablets before (anti depressents)

I took 3 before i worked out today should i take 3 more with my dinner and then start with the 6 a day starting when i get up tomorrow ??

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭SSr0

You'll be grand. It's only creatine, not Dbol, any weight gain will be negligible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Never realised there was such a debate on the effect of caffeine on creatine.

Anyone here avoiding caffeine for that reason?

PTH2009 wrote: »
    yeah tablet form

worried about the weight gain side effect ive read up on cause it was something i suffered badly from taking tablets before (anti depressents)

I took 3 before i worked out today should i take 3 more with my dinner and then start with the 6 a day starting when i get up tomorrow ??

What brand of tablets are they? To give an idea of what's in one.

You can expect some weight gain. It's largely but not solely water drawn into muscles.

• Advertisement

Probably more likely to avoid creatine if it was either/or...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,731 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Why would anyone avoid caffeine or creatine? Serious question.

Op, I’m taking creative nearly 2years now. Can say I’ve noticed any weight gain.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Why would anyone avoid caffeine or creatine? Serious question.

See the link Alf posted. There's a section on the effect caffeine has on creatine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Started myself last week, powder form.

Have definitely noticed a difference in recovery time, extra weight being lifted and able to squeeze out a few more reps than usual.

Advertisement