Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keith Flint of The Prodigy RIP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Tomw86

Hard to believe - saw them live a few years ago and they were awesome!

Any word on what it was?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

My first experience. RIP. Legends.

1992.05.23-flyer.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

One of the best live gigs I have ever been at. RIP Keith.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

RIP
    They were my first concert i ever went to, back in 1995 at the Point. Brilliant gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

That support slot to oasis in slane blew them out the water

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,561 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Sometimes...
    Even when you wrote the actual instructions down and shared them too...

Come play my game
    Inhale, inhale, you're the victim
    Come play my game
    Exhale, exhale, exhale
    Come breathe with me
    Breathe with me...

Ya still end up forgetting...

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Tomw86

but1er wrote: »
    That support slot to oasis in slane blew them out the water

Agreed, they stole the show that day!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

One of the greatest music videos of all time.

Without fail that song sends a chill down my spine every time I hear it. RIP Keith, thanks for the memories Dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Ah shyte, I hope it wasn't self inflicted.

I saw them in Feile 92 (I think), back when he used to roll around the hamster ball, before it was cool! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Pedro K

Glad to have seen them live a couple of years ago at the Point. An unbelievable live band. It's terribly sad news to hear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,208 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

RIP :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

Sad news, I enjoyed their gig to finish off Electric Picnic last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,562 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

andreac wrote: »
    RIP
    They were my first concert i ever went to, back in 1995 at the Point. Brilliant gig.

Me too. NYE 1995.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

An epic frontman to an epic band.

The soundtrack to my teens along with millions of others.

RIP Keith Flint

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Kind of ironic that one of the tracks to promote their last album was 'We Live Forever'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭VeryTerry

banie01 wrote: »
    RIP Keith!

It's going to seem strange for many who knew me in the 90's as a long haired metaller...

But Prodigy was such a huge part of the soundtrack to my Teen/Y.A years!
    Between Feile, sessions and rave mad mates!

A big loss!

Voodoo People and other songs were pure metal at heart. That's what made them such a great crossover band. Sad loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭jiltloop

Gutted at this news, didn't get to see them enough times. The Experience and Jilted Generation albums were incredible and were a huge influence on me in my teenage years.

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,524 ✭✭✭Hoboo

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

That's desperate stuff. Never forget the first time I saw The Prodigy live supporting Oasis at Pairc Ui Chaoimh and they absolutely blew Oasis off the stage. They had the whole stadium going absolutely mental and it was almost a come down when the Gallaghers came out.

Saw them headline the Trip to Tipp a few years later and they were even better then.

Tomw86 wrote: »
    Agreed, they stole the show that day!

Must have been a regular enough thing between them and Oasis. I remember going to see Oasis at one of the early 00s Witnness festivals, I was still mad into them then. Prodigy followed them on the main stage, and just blew them and the Fairyhouse crowd away. What a fúcking live sound and performance.

RIP Keith Flint...if possible, you can just picture him doing his thing even in death.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

1081452.jpg.

Don't think there was a teenage bedroom or a student house in the 90s that didn't have that poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Ironman76

andreac wrote: »
    RIP

Been to them a load of times and that was my favourite gig of theirs. I remember the radio broadcasted the gig live and getting my friend to record it for me.

Hes only a few years older than myself.

RIP Keith

From the band

"It is with deepest shock and sadness that we can confirm the death of our brother and best friend Keith Flint. A true pioneer, innovator and legend. He will be forever missed. We thank you for respecting the privacy of all concerned at this time."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Seen them back up Oasis in Cork they were great. RIP Keith thanks for the memories.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Bus Boy

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭hooch-85

Gutted by this, what a live act. Saw them in Millstreet and at Hifi. Jilted Generation is still the best dance album ever imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Didn't they support u2 in the rds in the 90s?i think that's where i saw them. R.i.p

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭IrishAlice

RIP Keith.

Feeling so sad this morning :(

The first time I saw The Prodigy was at Witness in '02 and have loved them ever since. Feel incredibly grateful I got to see them at EP last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭correction

This is a great shame. Loved The Prodigy's hit single "Me And The Lads Are Heading Down To The Sewer To Do Some Shouting".

Advertisement