Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2019 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Cloudy in cork city but dry and mild, nice! If it was sunny I'd say it would be warm if not very warm

• Registered Users Posts: 7,117 ✭✭✭pad199207

Despite being hazy it’s actually a really nice morning

8c

Suns come out now in Cork City breaking through the clouds. First time that its been 10c but feels warmer, usually feels colder

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

glorious day, plenty of hazy sunshine and feeling very mild.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,281 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

I just read of a threat of snow for first week of April.

Seriously hope not

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

lawred2 wrote: »
    I just read of a threat of snow for first week of April.

Seriously hope not

Was literally just saying it to my wife
    Nobody wants to go from what we have now to that surely !

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭YanSno

I did mention a while ago it could get cold with a northeasterly around the last few days of March, looks like it's been pushed back into first week of April and there could be some wintry showers at some point during that period

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

Spectacular morning in Cork, sunshine and 10 degrees.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭smallwonder

Cold and blustery in Donegal with a wee bit of hail thrown in for good measure. Not easy going on a bike!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Same in Letterkenny, horrible day with frequent showers and a cold wind

• Registered Users Posts: 13,512 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Not a bad day and evening in Dublin although was hoping for better given last night’s stunning sunset.

w143pzE.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

So quiet in here the last week. Just like the weather outlook for the week ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,066 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Dry mild and calm. It was a lovely day. Nice night now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

FANTASTIC EVENING

Very good morning in Dublin!

kmKfSjp.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

If the forecasts for early April are accurate we had better make the most of these pleasant conditions as it appears that by this day next week it will seem like winter with cold temperatures and wintry showers.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,464 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Stunning day in Dublin. No jackets needed.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

If the forecasts for early April are accurate we had better make the most of these pleasant conditions as it appears that by this day next week it will seem like winter with cold temperatures and wintry showers.

yep unfortunately it looks like we may have one more cold snap on the way. Cold snaps in early April are not unusual. However lying snow is very difficult to achieve away from high ground in April.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭highdef

Gonzo wrote: »
    yep unfortunately it looks like we may have one more cold snap on the way. Cold snaps in early April are not unusual. However lying snow is very difficult to achieve away from high ground in April.

April cold snaps, when combined with plenty of sunshine often result in plenty of sunburned people because far too may people correlate getting sunburned with it being warm out when in fact this has very little to do with it. People often go out on a beautifully sunny but chilly day in May (sometimes even into early June) and think "Very chilly out so no need for sun cream" - They then get burned and blame the breeze for burning them when in fact it's simply a case that they failed to protect their skin from a pretty high level of radiation.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Was up at 5 this morning,whole place covered in frost near Arklow ,temp of 1.6c
    Its hit 13.6c so far in beautiful sunshine
    A diurnal range of 12c in 9 hours

Already been a month since the stupendous February 2019 warmth and one of the most gorgeous days I have ever seen, 26 February 2019. Today is lovely too but not in comparison to 26 February! This was the same day 21.2c was recorded in England - easily a new February record!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Already been a month since the stupendous February 2019 warmth and one of the most gorgeous days I have ever seen, 26 February 2019. Today is lovely too but not in comparison to 26 February! This was the same day 21.2c was recorded in England - easily a new February record!

I was over in midland UK for it. An absolutely fantastic day, and the following one wasn’t bad either!

Hard to believe it’s been a month already.

Car was frosted this morning in Cork City but it quickly warmed up. Pure blue skies all day and just hitting 14 degrees or so. Felt nice and warm

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Stunning day in Dublin. No jackets needed.

It was visually nice alright, but at 12 degrees it's a bit early for the F.L.A.B. to be out in force. Hopefully we won't have to look at them for another while yet.

Paully D wrote: »
    I was over in midland UK for it. An absolutely fantastic day, and the following one wasn’t bad either!

Hard to believe it’s been a month already.

Indeed. Time goes by too fast for me these days to keep up.

To think this period is the same time 7 years ago that we were having a March "heatwave" with more glorious conditions and the northwest reached almost 23c on the 27th March, the warmest in Ireland for March since 1965. Still one of the nicest periods of weather I've experienced.

I see talk of wintry conditions entering MT's forecast for next week!

D wrote: »
    I see talk of wintry conditions entering MT's forecast for next week!

yep possibly very cold for a time next week with the -10 isotherm over the country next Wednesday. A chilly first week to April.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,117 ✭✭✭pad199207

Chilly evening at 4.4c after a lovely day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭highdef

0.7c in North Kildare. Just checked and the low was -1.2c last night.

Advertisement