Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,090 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

People are angry the dex has changed if it hadn't they'd be angry there's not enough gyms there's not enough shinies there's not enough new characters to interact with, pokemon is an ever evolving game the capability of the switch online functions and other yet to by released features can enable a full Dex in the future, there has never been a pokemon game you can actually catch em all in the bloody premis of the game is to trade and battle the aim for a national dex is pokemon home catch everything in sword and shield and add them to what you transfer into home from your existing pokemon bank.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,828 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Eurogamer are quite negative and the issues they have with the game are a bit worrying. Saying it feels underbaked and there's a total lack of anything resembling dungeons. Other reviews say it's cut out the bloat.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

My side is literally sore from laughing at the IGN review comment section. Sarcastic, angry, inquisitive, sceptical, kinda hilarious and again very angry.

One thing I did see mentioned is they have removed 144 moves from the game. That is 144/728 moves so it's a considerable amount to cut. To me it's worse than the national dex thing. When you see some the animations still in the game they are basically the same as they were on GBC. This makes it worth it tho.

https://twitter.com/Cxruption1/status/1194095009345265666?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Jason2379

Honestly, most of the criticisms I’ve seen are completely justified. This game looks lacklustre

• Registered Users Posts: 55,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Genius. :)

bs2CoIg.jpg?1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Orderd the physical edition from Smyths which was suppose to come with a steelbook case, steelbook case never arrived even though I paid 5e extra for the steelbook version.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,530 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I've booked the Pokémon themed Switch lite and the game through Argos, comes in at €260.
    Hopefully it'll be safe until Christmas!

Got the dual pack am gonna try Sword even though Ponyta was my main reason for wanting the dual pack

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Got the dual pack am gonna try Sword even though Ponyta was my main reason for wanting the dual pack

What is the dual pack ?

Limited edition with both games gold box and a code for each version for a special pokemon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

And I thought they couldn't possibly make Pokemon look any worse after Trubbish. I'm genuinely surprised they haven't made a Pokemon that resembles poo.

Limited edition with both games gold box and a code for each version for a special pokemon

I had to check it out online, seems pretty cool how much did it set you back?

I ended up just going for shield, it has enough that it will keep my interested for what i want.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,821 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I've booked the Pokémon themed Switch lite and the game through Argos, comes in at €260.
    Hopefully it'll be safe until Christmas!

How many switches will you own then? Or is this one for Cidonalad?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,530 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

This will be the second.
    I'll have to make it the primary, as it won't always be connected online for verification purposes, while the regular one always is at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

sugarman wrote: »

The mind boggles as to why anybody would want to pay that much money on a half baked game that is looking more and more like as straight up cash grab.

€110 in Argos now I got mine there yesterday. Beat a dynamax machop a few minutes ago called him Matt Damon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭conormario

Xenji wrote: »
    The mind boggles as to why anybody would want to pay that much money on a half baked game that is looking more and more like as straight up cash grab.

Yep! It's a rip off and parents going to be hit for Xmas with these. However, they do keep their value for a time at least and can be resold or traded in.

Having to buy two copies of the game to get all the Pokémon is just downright nasty from Nintendo's/Game freak.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

conormario wrote: »
    Yep! It's a rip off and parents going to be hit for Xmas with these. However, they do keep their value for a time at least and can be resold or traded in.

Having to buy two copies of the game to get all the Pokémon is just downright nasty from Nintendo's/Game freak.

In fairness, it’s been two copies of the game since the very first game. Nothing to do with Sword/Shield. I assume you can still trade to get version exclusive Pokémon.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭wexdevil

I have a reservation code for the dual pack in waterford(only good until the end of the day) from when it was €100 if anyone is interested in it. (missus ending up buying two regular copies without telling me)

Buy the dual pack sell the spares on adverts as the dual pack has codes for two exclusive dynamax one for each game you'll get it for €99.99 with a screenshot of your reservation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

Just about to fight for my 3rd badge.

Good game so far, not the doom and gloom people seem to think it is.

Like I have been playing pokemon for 20 years and being honest it has been the same game since pokemon red just looks better and different pokemon.

I go in expecting a child's rpg and thats what I get. If I won't a more grown ups rpg I play final fantasy.

As someone who has been in japen and seen pokemon 1st hand over there its a brand to make money, there is pokemon everything and anything over there and people buy it. Go to a pokemon center store and the games are a tiny corner in the back while the toys are front and center and 35 euros for tokyo Station evevee go away ha.

Just about to fight for my 3rd badge.

Good game so far, not the doom and gloom people seem to think it is.

Like I have been playing pokemon for 20 years and being honest it has been the same game since pokemon red just looks better and different pokemon.

I go in expecting a child's rpg and thats what I get. If I won't a more grown ups rpg I play final fantasy.

I am enjoying it also I take it for what it is. Pokemon will always take me back to my 12/13 year old self watching the film and bring excited to play it on the Gameboy.

I love pickachu and most of the starters but **** Charizard the ungrateful ****e. Ash saved him only for him to hit puberty and turn his back on him.

I got a free pickachu off some girl in a train station as I had Pokemon let's go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

I'm sure it's a decent game, it would be quite difficult for a pokemon game not to be but I don't get the it's a "child's rpg" view. Why set the bar so low? And I thought the Let's Go games were going to be the accessible, entry level games with Sword and Shield as the main entry.

I don't expect it to have Breath of the Wild's exploration, Witcher 3's story and characters, Dark Souls' level of challenge, Monster Hunter World's animations or BFV's graphics but it would be nice if they at least aimed to improve those aspects rather than regressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

I'm sure it's a decent game, it would be quite difficult for a pokemon game not to be but I don't get the it's a "child's rpg" view. Why set the bar so low? And I thought the Let's Go games were going to be the accessible, entry level games with Sword and Shield as the main entry.

I don't expect it to have Breath of the Wild's exploration, Witcher 3's story and characters, Dark Souls' level of challenge, Monster Hunter World's animations or BFV's graphics but it would be nice if they at least aimed to improve those aspects rather than regressing.

Quastion have you played pokemon S and S yet?, it's a lot of people giving views when they have not played the game

It is a child's rpg pokemons target market is kids or kawaii lovers as its cute.... And things that are cute people will buy as its kawaii.

Pokemon let's go was a spin off and not a main line game at all. It was good for what it was a pokemon go rpg based on pokemon red and blue.

Nintendo is like apple people will buy the stuff even if they must how you say put a new hat on a pokemon.

Anyway I am loving pokemon s and s as gameplay and the pick up ans put down is perfect for me. Best pokemon game in a while defo better then sun and moon

I really like the quality of life changes, not having to go into the bag to get a pokeball.

The dynamax thing is quite cool, have done it in the wild a few times.

I have actually deviated a little from some of the traditional pokemon i would play with, using Yamper over Pikachu. I am also considering leveling a magikarp to a garidose as i normally cant be arsed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Greyfox

It is a child's rpg pokemons target market is kids or kawaii lovers as its cute.... And things that are cute people will buy as its kawaii.

But why can't they also make a game that can satisfy both kids and adults like Mario games do. I've enjoyed a few Pokemon games and will buy this at some point as it looks much better than Pokemon x, it's just annoying when you play a great game that's ruined by been too easy.

You need a Nintendo online sub for trading if anyone is or has bought this for a Christmas gift

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭conormario

You need a Nintendo online sub for trading if anyone is or has bought this for a Christmas gift

I think Nintendo are sucking us into a subscription service by stealth. Need online to backup a game, online to trade Pokémon ...

No back ups for Pokemon though at least not at the moment stillits not new years ago you needed the transfer cable or a transfer pack for exclusive Pokemon so it's not unexpected pity the twitch prime sub ended a while ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Can anybody figure out how max raid battles work? I keep going in to the "y-menu," connect to the internet, find somebody looking for help with a max raid, enter it, then almost immediately something goes wrong and I'm kicked out with an error

Am I missing something or is it a glitch in the game?

Advertisement