Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Fastlane 2019 - Spoilers, rumours, etc.

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I can't remember an injury angle ever ruining a story like the Becky one has. From white hot excitement to "Ugh, whatever..." for me, at least.

Doesn't help that I've seen Neymar have more convincing "injuries". She can't sell that limp whatsoever.

Thankfully Kofi's story has taken its place so I'm invested in something at Mania.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

J. Marston wrote: »
    I can't remember an injury angle ever ruining a story like the Becky one has. From white hot excitement to "Ugh, whatever..." for me, at least.

For me it's Wrestlemania 30. I had no interest in Daniel Bryan being stretchered off then coming back but lots of people love that match and the crowd will love Becky fighting back with an injury this year so good luck to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Fair play to anyone who had a good match in spite of the terrible creative.
    Shane turning heel against the worst face in the company Miz so we can get another heel McMahon, YAY!
    Kofi gets beaten by the Bar who aren't over, then the New Day are beaten down by the League of Nations 2K19 & Ali was put in a lousy spot to replace him.
    Lynch looks like a child who was going to say "nah, nah, nah, nah, nah I'm getting a title shot". Easy way to book themselves out of another pothole is have Ronda at ringside as Lynch is quickly put in the figure 8. Rousey tells Lynch to just tap out but she refuses to so Rousey comes in, mounts her in the figure 8 & pummles her. Lynch looks tough, Charlotte doesn't have to stand around after the match & Lynch looks like she wants nothing more than beating Rousey.
    Honestly except that period with Katie Vick, Vince arm wrestling Zack Gowen, HLA & Billy n Chuck getting married I can't think of a time creative has looked this lost in the last 20 years. They have a mountain of talent who are being wasted & seem to revel in making people look bad. People were crediting Pritchard for the Batista thing a few weeks back but really that was likely HHH or Bruce collaborating with him as Vince seems to want to throw more confusion into situations now which cools off hot acts slower than bad booking but still at a noticeable level.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭ceegee

I ended up paying more attention to the watch along show than the PPV itself.
    A few highlights:
    The revival re-enacting dirty dancing lift and kiss.
    EC3 - "I can speak now, isn't that amazing!"
    Nigel dropping F bombs and magic tricks

Pat McAfee and Vic Joseph both came across very well on it, although I'm sure the WWE will beat the personality out of them soon e ough

• Registered Users Posts: 36,081 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Doesn't help that I've seen Neymar have more convincing "injuries". She can't sell that limp whatsoever.

Thankfully Kofi's story has taken its place so I'm invested in something at Mania.

they're just fúcking idiots.

they can tell me until they're blue in the fúcking face that I should 'let it play out', but they can fúck off. they're morons. and they're stubborn fúckers too.

actually, i don't know why I'm saying 'they'. we know it's one guy. Vince.

in order to get Charlotte more heat, he's slowly destroyed the Becky persona. he's forgotten what got her over, or just doesn't care because he insists that he has to put his stamp on the character rather than just continue with what is working.

when Stone Cold got over, did Vince have him look like a cripple every week, and just make him generally look weak? No, he put him in the ring with Tyson and had him stand toe-to-toe with him, injury or not.

when Goldberg got over, did Bischoff deviate from the formula (until he won the title anyway)? No. he just let what got a reaction from the crowd continue to happen. and he became a fúcking megastar.

just let Becky be Becky. let her be healthy. let her tell her opponents what she thinks of them. let her use her Irish humour. and just leave it the fúck alone. her and Ronda are the stars, like it or not Vince. nobody wants to see Becky limping for this fúcking long. you fúcking asshole.

and don't get me started on Kofi. came out to crickets because there is only so many times you can fúck with people without pulling a trigger. yes, Mania would be a perfect place to give him his moment, but you don't have to have him screwed over all of the time to get there. you're telling people so often not to expect him to get there, that when he gets there, you'll have already killed the buzz. you don't have to have him on Smackdown just accept that Owens moves ahead of him in the queue. you're making him look like a fúcking eejit with no self respect at all.

and nevermind that, you're so fúcking lazy Vince, that you literally just try to lift the 'Becky replaced by Charlotte' storyline, and just do it with Kofi.

you insulting díck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Fantastically put.

Why in the fúck does he have to meddle with things? Why is it always Charlotte stuck into situations? I've no interest in seeing a triple threat for the women's title I wanted to see Becky & Ronda. He's ruined wrestling for me. I haven't watched a PPV since last Wrestlemania (apart from an odd match here and there), other than what NXT is putting out.

He's ruined Becky now. He's ruined Kofi. Nothing natural can happen, he has to put a stamp on it. WWE is an overproduced MESS at the minute.

This coming Wrestlemania will be the first since Mania 14 that I won't be watching live. I just couldn't be arsed. I'm totally turned off the product. The company has more talent on its hands than there has ever been and they don't know how to use the guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭dusty bin

SlickRic wrote: »
    they're just fúcking idiots.

they can tell me until they're blue in the fúcking face that I should 'let it play out', but they can fúck off. they're morons. and they're stubborn fúckers too.

actually, i don't know why I'm saying 'they'. we know it's one guy. Vince.

in order to get Charlotte more heat, he's slowly destroyed the Becky persona. he's forgotten what got her over, or just doesn't care because he insists that he has to put his stamp on the character rather than just continue with what is working.

when Stone Cold got over, did Vince have him look like a cripple every week, and just make him generally look weak? No, he put him in the ring with Tyson and had him stand toe-to-toe with him, injury or not.

when Goldberg got over, did Bischoff deviate from the formula (until he won the title anyway)? No. he just let what got a reaction from the crowd continue to happen. and he became a fúcking megastar.

just let Becky be Becky. let her be healthy. let her tell her opponents what she thinks of them. let her use her Irish humour. and just leave it the fúck alone. her and Ronda are the stars, like it or not Vince. nobody wants to see Becky limping for this fúcking long. you fúcking asshole.

and don't get me started on Kofi. came out to crickets because there is only so many times you can fúck with people without pulling a trigger. yes, Mania would be a perfect place to give him his moment, but you don't have to have him screwed over all of the time to get there. you're telling people so often not to expect him to get there, that when he gets there, you'll have already killed the buzz. you don't have to have him on Smackdown just accept that Owens moves ahead of him in the queue. you're making him look like a fúcking eejit with no self respect at all.

and nevermind that, you're so fúcking lazy Vince, that you literally just try to lift the 'Becky replaced by Charlotte' storyline, and just do it with Kofi.

you insulting díck.

This 100%. By adding Charlotte they've (sorry) he has ruined Charlotte, Becky and Asuka. Charlotte v Asuka part 2 writes itself whilst Becky v Ronda should have been a 1 on 1. Instead, charlotte looks like a dope, asuka has hardly been seen and in danger of fighting no-one at wm35 and becky does look stupid playing a cripple.

What was wrong with having just ronda v becky? why did he feel the need to have charlotte part of the first ever woman only main event. she's already on the way to HOF career, no need to ruin everyone else by having her be part of the proposed first main event.

And the Kofi thing last night helped no-one. Didnt help Kofi (who was made to look like an idiot standing outside vinces office for an hour until his boys came along). Didnt help Ali who got the rey mysterio number 30 treatment and didnt help Owens. Fair play to the three of them for putting on a decent match by the end, but the crowd booing throughout and cheering for kofi helped no-one.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Kofi isn't ruined and thankfully it's a short run to Mania so he won't be unless they massively fúck it up in 4 weeks. Having him in a match that got "This is boring" chants was bad but the crowd was still going wild for him in the title match so no damage was done.

Ali is screwed though, his injury killed his momentum and he got groans of indifference last night.

I won't even get started on Asuka.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭dusty bin

Kofi isn't ruined and thankfully it's a short run to Mania so he won't be unless they massively fúck it up in 4 weeks.

Dont challenge them. This is the wwe after all.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Cant wait to see Kofi bandaged up or limping into SD live this week :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,806 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Apart from Billie's voice going through me, I enjoyed the IIconics on the preshow

• Registered Users Posts: 60,297 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Apart from Billie's voice going through me, I enjoyed the IIconics on the preshow

The pitch of her voice instantly make her unattractive to me.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

The Man
    I hate that crutch.

Advertisement