Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Angel Lane Bouncers

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭moby2101

Pinkerton wrote: »
    Who remembers the wicked chicken and Baker place, proper night spots

Aaah a Baker Place!!!!
    Halcyon days, spent our Saturday nights there. Remember that cracking band “Easi Singles “ who used to play upstairs in the bar??
    Music was SOOOOOO good back then in the mid 90’s

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭LimerickCity

I will never forget the nightclub downstairs in Baker Place as the cubicles had no doors on them. I was in there one night and bursting for number 2 so made a beeline for the bathroom and to my amazement there are no doors on the cubicles.

I had to go back out and politely ask the bouncer if i could go up the bar due to the nature of the missing doors. In fairness to him he obliged and advised that the missing doors were due to a drug problem.

A few months later they had the doors back in place.

Some great live music in the bar and the futsall table was pretty cool too.

That whole area used to be buzzing, The Desmond, Brennan's, Sharkey's,Daffy's (Grand Mariner), Theatre Royal, Boogie Wonderland, Costello's all around the corner from each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Pinkerton

Wicked chicken and Baker place was d best spots in town

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

This thread seems very out of place, full of dreadfully lame attempts to be funny and bullyboy remarks, was it originally on a different forum??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

This thread seems very out of place, full of dreadfully lame attempts to be funny and bullyboy remarks, was it originally on a different forum??

No but it probably should have been in after hours

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

DD1200 wrote: »
    The absolute rudeness and off a MANAGER at that, what kind of manager speaks to someone like that?? You're the bouncer of a nightclub not Buckingham Palace get off your high horse and show some respect for PEOPLE! and To make it even funnier I have more money than all the students inside with there 20 euro and a bottle of vodka in their bags

Awwww the poor little princess still thought she was trying to enter Buckingham Palace on her high horse, and was rightly told to piss off.

Yea the bouncers sound like right pricks alright :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Why does everyone think the OP is a girl? From the language and attitude the first picture I had in my head was a young Alan Carr.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭The Enbalmer

A female Uncle Monty perhaps.
    Pity he/she didnt get a few slaps off the doormen too..it would've given he/her something to REALLY moan about

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Mod note: some of the comments on this thread are out of order. Infraction handed out.

Closing this thread as no value in keeping it going.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement