Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

fingal council job

• 20-02-2019 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭ ddub11

Hi,please move if im in the wrong place. Im going for an interview with fingal council for a general operative job.

And i was wondering if anyone can tell me where you are based if you work as a finfal council worker?

I know they cover a large area but im wondering where is the actual place you turn up for work everymorning?

Iknow i can ask this at the interview but im trying to get an idea of whats involved (travelling to work amongst otherthings)in the job,thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,534 ✭✭✭✭ the_syco

Although for Dublin, or Meath County Council seems to say that General Operatives may be placed anywhere, but you'd be working under a supervisor.

From https://www.glassdoor.ie/Interview/Dublin-City-Council-Interview-Questions-E677227.htm
    General Operative Interview

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dublin City Council (Dublin, Co. Dublin).

you are asked general questions about your CV to gauge you as a person, you will be in front of a panel made up of different sections from Dublin City Council, each interview takes about 40 minutes, neat dress is essential but you don't have to wear a suit. the interview is very informal to make you feel at ease.

Look at the reviews; https://www.glassdoor.ie/Reviews/Dublin-City-Council-Reviews-E677227.htm - the responses are varied. Seems to say that once you're put into a location, you stay there.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭ wardy2

Got called for interview myself wonder how many people got shortlisted for this job

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭ ddub11

Thanks for the reply guys,im just guessing there is an actual depot/workplace where staff clock in before doing their days work.
    I was just trying to gauge what travelling would be involved if i happened to get a job.

Anyway no big deal as i will find out during the interview,i just like to gather as much info as possible before the interview.

wardy2 wrote: »
    Got called for interview myself wonder how many people got shortlisted for this job
    Whens your interview?im monday.

ddub11 wrote: »
    Whens your interview?im monday.

I’m Monday too at half three

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭ reservoirdubdub

Hi, where would a job like this be advertised ?

Would anyone know what’s the pay is like ?

Hi, where would a job like this be advertised ?
    Fingal website

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭ rsl1976

ddub11 wrote:
    And i was wondering if anyone can tell me where you are based if you work as a finfal council worker?

ddub11 wrote:
    Hi,please move if im in the wrong place. Im going for an interview with fingal council for a general operative job.

They have depots in Balbriggan, Coolmine and Swords

• Registered Users Posts: 22 ✭✭✭ Slic

I've applied for fingal county council just had my medical, was online and just looking at there wages 433.04 a week plus travel expenses hope the wages has been raised 🀣🀣🀣🀣

• Advertisement

Slic wrote: »
    I've applied for fingal county council just had my medical, was online and just looking at there wages 433.04 a week plus travel expenses hope the wages has been raised ��������
    Hi,whats the position?
    Can i ask you if ye were on a panel before ye got offered the job?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 ✭✭✭ Slic

ddub11 wrote: »
    Hi,whats the position?
    Can i ask you if ye were on a panel before ye got offered the job?

I applied last year and I was on a panel up in till now, I got an email last week, I'll be going into water drainage services, are you on a panel waiting to be called.

I applied last year and I was on a panel up in till now, I got an email last week, I'll be going into water drainage services, are you on a panel waiting to be called.
    Ye done an interview and was told im on a panel number 30,only done the interview about two or three months back.

Suppose i could be waiting any amount of time.

I've applied for fingal county council just had my medical, was online and just looking at there wages 433.04 a week plus travel expenses hope the wages has been raised ��������
    Hi can i ask what number you were on your panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Dublin1986

Hi

Can you tell me what questions you were asked in the interview? I am going for a clerical officor position.

Advertisement