Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

fingal council job

• 20-02-2019 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭

Hi,please move if im in the wrong place. Im going for an interview with fingal council for a general operative job.

And i was wondering if anyone can tell me where you are based if you work as a finfal council worker?

I know they cover a large area but im wondering where is the actual place you turn up for work everymorning?

Iknow i can ask this at the interview but im trying to get an idea of whats involved (travelling to work amongst otherthings)in the job,thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Although for Dublin, or Meath County Council seems to say that General Operatives may be placed anywhere, but you'd be working under a supervisor.

From https://www.glassdoor.ie/Interview/Dublin-City-Council-Interview-Questions-E677227.htm
    General Operative Interview

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dublin City Council (Dublin, Co. Dublin).

you are asked general questions about your CV to gauge you as a person, you will be in front of a panel made up of different sections from Dublin City Council, each interview takes about 40 minutes, neat dress is essential but you don't have to wear a suit. the interview is very informal to make you feel at ease.

Look at the reviews; https://www.glassdoor.ie/Reviews/Dublin-City-Council-Reviews-E677227.htm - the responses are varied. Seems to say that once you're put into a location, you stay there.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭wardy2

Got called for interview myself wonder how many people got shortlisted for this job

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭ddub11

Thanks for the reply guys,im just guessing there is an actual depot/workplace where staff clock in before doing their days work.
    I was just trying to gauge what travelling would be involved if i happened to get a job.

Anyway no big deal as i will find out during the interview,i just like to gather as much info as possible before the interview.

wardy2 wrote: »
    Got called for interview myself wonder how many people got shortlisted for this job
    Whens your interview?im monday.

ddub11 wrote: »
    Whens your interview?im monday.

I’m Monday too at half three

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭reservoirdubdub

Hi, where would a job like this be advertised ?

Would anyone know what’s the pay is like ?

Hi, where would a job like this be advertised ?
    Fingal website

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭rsl1976

ddub11 wrote:
    And i was wondering if anyone can tell me where you are based if you work as a finfal council worker?

ddub11 wrote:
    Hi,please move if im in the wrong place. Im going for an interview with fingal council for a general operative job.

They have depots in Balbriggan, Coolmine and Swords

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Slic

I've applied for fingal county council just had my medical, was online and just looking at there wages 433.04 a week plus travel expenses hope the wages has been raised 🀣🀣🀣🀣

• Advertisement

Slic wrote: »
    I've applied for fingal county council just had my medical, was online and just looking at there wages 433.04 a week plus travel expenses hope the wages has been raised ��������
    Hi,whats the position?
    Can i ask you if ye were on a panel before ye got offered the job?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Slic

ddub11 wrote: »
    Hi,whats the position?
    Can i ask you if ye were on a panel before ye got offered the job?

I applied last year and I was on a panel up in till now, I got an email last week, I'll be going into water drainage services, are you on a panel waiting to be called.

I applied last year and I was on a panel up in till now, I got an email last week, I'll be going into water drainage services, are you on a panel waiting to be called.
    Ye done an interview and was told im on a panel number 30,only done the interview about two or three months back.

Suppose i could be waiting any amount of time.

I've applied for fingal county council just had my medical, was online and just looking at there wages 433.04 a week plus travel expenses hope the wages has been raised ��������
    Hi can i ask what number you were on your panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Dublin1986

Hi

Can you tell me what questions you were asked in the interview? I am going for a clerical officor position.

Advertisement