Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you look like anyone famous?

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

In college, with my blond hair everyone thought I was German and I was told by strangers and friends alike that I was the spit of Dolph Lundgren (millenials - google him...as he looked in the 80s/90s - not now!). Now (years later and with much less hair) I'm told I look like Jason Statham. Could be worse

My dad used to have loads of people including autograph seekers convinced he was Victor Meldrew from One Foot In The Grave. We only saw a vague resemblance but so many strangers thought he was the spit of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I don't believe it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭tonycascarino

Amy Huberman supposedly. Been tormented for years with ppl askin me “has anyone ever told you you look like Amy Huberman?”...randomers askin for pics and autographs. It’s eased off a little since I went brunette but I’d still have ppl askin me/saying it maybe once or twice a week or maybe once or twice every fortnight. It used to drive me mad but I don’t care as much now I suppose.

I seriously question the mentality of people who would ask a Z lister like Amy Huberman for an autograph. IMO it would be like me asking for an autograph from my next door neighbour.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

Amy Huberman supposedly. Been tormented for years with ppl askin me “has anyone ever told you you look like Amy Huberman?”...randomers askin for pics and autographs. It’s eased off a little since I went brunette but I’d still have ppl askin me/saying it maybe once or twice a week or maybe once or twice every fortnight. It used to drive me mad but I don’t care as much now I suppose.

You'd only have to say or do something that wasn't 'vanilla' to convince them you weren't her.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Amy Huberman supposedly. Been tormented for years with ppl askin me “has anyone ever told you you look like Amy Huberman?”...randomers askin for pics and autographs..

Who in the last 15 years has asked anyone for an autograph?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Salthillprom

I seriously question the mentality of people who would ask a Z lister like Amy Huberman for an autograph. IMO it would be like me asking for an autograph from my next door neighbour.
    Agree
    It’s usually older ppl or v young teens

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Salthillprom

Omackeral wrote: »
    Who in the last 15 years has asked anyone for an autograph?!
    Happened a few times. Once in a hairdressers or all places, once at a gig in the Three and a couple of times randomly elsewhere. Not making it up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Does anyone remember that thing on Facebook around 2010ish where people changed their profile pictures to the famous person they (apparently) resembled?

The delusions. People putting up photos of, like, Eva Green or Megan Fox. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

Jimmy rabbit from the commitments.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Roger Mellie Man on the Telly

With a cigar: Jimmy Saville
    Without a cigar: Jimmy Somerville

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭orourkeda1977

I've been told that I look like onslow from keeping up appearance.

I don't see it.

He's a supermodel compared to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,194 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Did anybody try this?

https://www.celebslike.me

I came up as various ice hockey players and Bernard Dunne.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

I came up as Jenny Lawson, which is pretty bang on really.

jenny%20Lawson.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Whoever this wan is

oYsBEMT.jpg

A 36% match with some woman called Mary Fitzgerald who I look absolutely nothing like! I tried a different photo and I got Minnie Driver. My suspicions are confirmed. The only person I resemble is myself.

Advertisement