Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(Tell me WHOY) I don't like Funny Froidays: Liveline 15/2/19 and dat

Options

Comments

It’s below de belt LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Duffy biting the hand that feeds him.... take a hike.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Joe doing his funny friday laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Mulligan the AA dog....love dese ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭boardise

Are people saying the ad would go better on TV ?

• Advertisement

HHHugh Ormond

• Registered Users Posts: 38,996 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Well, that was a lot of bollocks.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 16,760 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

I had to pull in my car after hearing Duffy pontificate on what ads should and shouldnt be allowed.

The man has some opinion of himself.

And the gall to say the Funny Friday audience all agreed with his opinion..... That ad is FAR less offensive than Funny Friday by the way Joe.

I don't mind the ad, now if it was the mother-in-law that bent over and dropped the towel and the brazilian wax she got a month ago was in full bloom sotospeak, the irate/nothing better to do brigade would have the LL switchboard lit up like a Christmas tree.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Good job I just finished my dinner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,405 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    Gurriers.

Bad bad bad backstards

• Registered Users Posts: 19,172 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    I don't mind the ad, now if it was the mother-in-law that bent over and dropped the towel and the brazilian wax she got a month ago was in full bloom sotospeak, the irate/nothing better to do brigade would have the LL switchboard lit up like a Christmas tree.

Showed the full head of lettuce, did she.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,885 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

They should create a live action version of that ad, then Joe should be made to watch it with his eyelids clamped open, after which licence fee payers get to queue up and beat him about the head with rolled up copies of the RTÉ Guide and remind him that he's just the hired help and that he should get on with his job of talking about bold children on de Dart and dat and leave everything else to the grown ups.

What a plum.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,903 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Tuesday
    We was rickrolled by Joe, and he loved it
    "This is my last Lahvlahn"
    "father in law bending over.."
    "Two Oh One Six" - caller on describing a year

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Serve him better to mind his own fookin business about the revenue stream that pays his fees ! I haven't heard the ad (any links ?) But he uses the show as his own advertising tool for his juvenile scribbles. Hes trying to turn the show into a dictatorship.
    Yesterday's show was embarrassment truly shoyte

• Registered Users Posts: 23,903 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Joe begs
    Describing his distaste for the ad, which has received eight complaints so far, Joe said that he was “never allowed comment on ads – I'm always warned.”
    “I did it once in my early days but that ad is atrocious. Can it be removed from Liveline? I’m serious,”
    He said that same ad was played down in Tralee while they were doing a live broadcast of Funny Friday and the audience present “visibly groaned.”
    “It is a completely distasteful advert for radio,” he said.

“That image that whoever is trying to portray is an image you will remember because it is so revolting; your naked father-in-law bending over in a gym.
    “Give us a break. Can it be removed please? I’ll probably be removed before that’s removed. But can it be removed, please?”

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Joe is de moral cumpass of de cuntry.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

The irony of Duffy complaining about a radio ad invoking vivid images,is actually unbelievable.

The man has such an inflated opinion of himself,it's jaw dropping.

The whole purpose of that particular ad is to implant a mental image in the mind of the listener,which it does brilliantly.

It's an excellent ad in that sense.

Proof is ever it was needed that Joe Duffy is an imbecile stealing a living. A massive clear out is needed in Montrose.

Cull these fattened calves.

Got a bit of the promo... it turns out the “blond nurse” who performed her medical wizardry to save the life of a man at concert was in fact not a nurse, but a farmer!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Got a bit of the promo... it turns out the “blond nurse” who performed her medical wizardry to save the life of a man at concert was in fact not a nurse, but a farmer!

You kidding ?

• Advertisement

A farmer in a nurses uniform is it. Did she bend down at any stage during the resusitation.....one waits in antisipation.

Down Shep down !

You kidding ?

And they are going to be reunited on de show today. The woman who told him to take deep breaths, who saved his life from a fatal heart attack by her magic wurds.

What an ad :)

He sounds in rollicking form

• Registered Users Posts: 9,693 ✭✭✭buried

lol

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

A plug for advertising on Laaaahvlahn

Joe manipulating the narrative here... What a self serving clown.

He's shameless.

No,I'm not new here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Bring us de gold, Joe.

Well Joe, you’re painting a great picture for us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,760 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

A sign I'm listening to Liveline for too long.

I remember a mobile phone ad that had auld ones ringing in complaining it was ageist.

And now this sh1te.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement