Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(Tell me WHOY) I don't like Funny Froidays: Liveline 15/2/19 and dat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

withless wrote: »
    "How bullying works" all this week on Liveline.

Fair play to Joe Duffy for absenting himself during the discussion, so as to avoid the conflict of interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,945 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

John calling from the bottom of a bucket.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

This must be Scumbag awareness week?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

Bloody northsiders.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭MmmChocolate

Hollywood could cast the next Expendables movie from today's callers.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 886 ✭✭✭NasserShammaz

He's a taxi driver

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

Bus wanker.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭MmmChocolate

I let four buses pass me by so now I stand on the road as they drive towards me and show them who's boss.

Bloody northsiders are great

😉

"Some of the best people you could meet are young teenagers."

They certainly are, shur didn't one of your own sports producers travel the whole way to England to meet one, Damian.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

i was in madrid a few years ago, about 10 lads started wrecking street etc. in about 5 minutes two vans blocked streets, they beat the living sht out of them and threw them in vans.

the week after was in dublin hotel scrotes broke a bike a shop window and trashed rubbish all over. asked hotel where guards were they said there was no availability.... it is indeed like the purge

Wiltshire Farm Foods Jimmy is out on bail and doing the rounds again.

"Jimmy, would you fancy a ride?"

Wiltshire Farm Foods Jimmy is out on bail and doing the rounds again.

But he only delivers to that woman.

That Zappone woman is nothing but an attention seeker!

Dead babies liveline gold

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Joe wouldn't have picked up the phone for dis particular mudder.

Must have been a Muslim convent with those same day burials.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Greasy Tool

F'n unbelievable how those fockers treated those poor girls and their babies .

Their families dumped them in most cases!

• Advertisement

Roger_007 wrote: »
    That Zappone woman is nothing but an attention seeker!

It's like she's getting her revenge for a lifetime of oppression by the Catholic Church. I find it a bit unusual that they have a problem with the burying of dead babies when they have just brought in the right to legally kill a baby. Just seems contradictory to me.

If Zappone wants to take the high ground, what did the State ever do for these people ? Would the babies have been dead on the street instead if the State were looking after them?

I remember when doing the light aircraft hobby flying in early 1980s, one of the pilots ran out of fuel because he wanted to tank up in Weston where Darby Kennedy always ensured bottom prices for everything aviatorial; engine stopped between Dublin Airport and Weston, and he landed in nearest suitable field which happened to be the grounds of a mother & baby home. As a young twenty something girl I was stunned that such still existed, however I imagined the nuns were probably kindly aul wans who took great care of mother & baby. How wrong I was.

I remember when doing the light aircraft hobby flying in early 1980s, one of the pilots ran out of fuel because he wanted to tank up in Weston where Darby Kennedy always ensured bottom prices for everything aviatorial, engine stopped between Dublin Airport and Weston, and he landed in nearest suitable field which happened to be the grounds of a mother & baby home. As a young twenty something girl I was stunned that such still existed, however I imagined the nuns were probably kindly aul wans who took great care of mother & baby. How wrong I was.

I remember when doing the light aircraft hobby flying in early 1980s, one of the pilots ran out of fuel because he wanted to tank up in Weston where Darby Kennedy always ensured bottom prices for everything aviatorial, engine stopped between Dublin Airport and Weston, and he landed in nearest suitable field which happened to be the grounds of a mother & baby home. As a young twenty something girl I was stunned that such still existed, however I imagined the nuns were probably kindly aul wans who took great care of mother & baby. How wrong I was.

You can say that again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

It's like she's getting her revenge for a lifetime of oppression by the Catholic Church. I find it a bit unusual that they have a problem with the burying of dead babies when they have just brought in the right to legally kill a baby. Just seems contradictory to me.

If Zappone wants to take the high ground, what did the State ever do for these people ? Would the babies have been dead on the street instead if the State were looking after them?

The Church was quite happy to take a major role of influence in education, hospital, morals, ethics and the 'fallen women'. And State was quite happy at the time to defer and let them on with it.

Ordinary citizens, mostly from the rural and lower classes took the sh*t from both. A plague on them both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

Where were the families and the fathers of the babies. Babies conceived through incest and by married men a lot of the time. The women would have been seen as sluts and no one cared, the Government least of all.

The religious orders were the only people to offer a roof over these womens heads, thats the reality.

I dont know what Zappone is at, the communities closed ranks and shes whining now because the community wont open up to her. The communities know exactly what was going on but they wsnted the pregnant woman locked away so she couldnt lay a claim to the married mans money, this was needed for the children of the marriage.

We have abortion now and its free, the married men can use women now and they dont even have to worry about paying for abortion.

Zappone has hundreds of children in care now that she needs to look after. Society doesnt care about these children either, keep them in care until they are eighteen and then show them the door.

There wasnt a higher death rate in the nursing homes, there was high death rates in the slums too. If you have septicemea in 2019 you have a very high risk of dying too if its not identified. I heard recently of someone dying from it recently, he was told he had mumps and was sent home, he died four days later.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,193 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

The nuns orchestrated a deception involving the use of faked postcards.
    Now that's despicable and something I didn't know - it pales compared to the shabby treatment they were handing out, but is just an illustration of how devious and corrupt that some of them were.
    That simple deception is a sign of something much more rotten in the the institution.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

tretorn wrote: »
    The women would have been seen as sluts...

By whom and led on by who? The priest raging from the pulpit promising the fires of hell, whilst in many cases having their bit on the side?

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    Now that's despicable and something I didn't know - it pales compared to the shabby treatment they were handing out, but is just an illustration of how devious and corrupt that some of them were.
    That simple deception is a sign of something much more rotten in the the institution.

It was the so called 'ordinary' people of this country who were rotten. They were rotten in their pride, so much so that when a girl got pregnant 'out of wedlock', she was dumped by her family and ostracised by her community.
    It's a bit rich to be blaming the nuns now. The nuns didn't go round the country kidnapping pregnant girls. The girls were literally dumped on their doorstep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭shamnspace

Roger_007 wrote: »
    Dan Jaman wrote: »

It was the so called 'ordinary' people of this country who were rotten. They were rotten in their pride, so much so that when a girl got pregnant 'out of wedlock', she was dumped by her family and ostracised by her community.
    It's a bit rich to be blaming the nuns now. The nuns didn't go round the country kidnapping pregnant girls. The girls were literally dumped on their doorstep.
    We certainly should shoulder some of the blame but there's a marked reluctance here to look in that particular mirror so fearful are we as a nation of what we might see

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement